1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 13:551 edit
    Did you know the words in John 3:16 were spoken by Jesus?

Also, read John 6:28-29, 40.

"This is the work of God that you believe in Him whom He has sent."

"This is the will of Him who sent me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life..."
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 14:04
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Did you know the words in John 3:16 were spoken by Jesus?

Also, read John 6:28-29, 40.

"This is the work of God that you believe in Him whom He has sent."

"This is the will of Him who sent me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life..."
    Did you know that Jesus said more than that?
    Did you know that the whole truth about what Jesus said
    cannot be established by taking a couple of His sentences?
    Of course you know that.
    You are just not interested in accepting all that Jesus said.

How about quoting some more of the words of Jesus.
    eg Jesus himself clarified what he meant by the word 'believe'.

We have gone through this before.
    But starting a whole new thread on it again means that you dont really care to truly understand what Jesus said.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 14:132 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Did you know that Jesus said more than that?
    Did you know that the whole truth about what Jesus said
    cannot be established by taking a couple of His sentences?
    Of course you know that.
    You are just not interested in accepting all that Jesus said.

How about quoting some more of the words of Jesus.
    eg Jesus himself clarified what he meant by the word ...[text shortened]... hole new thread on it again means that you dont really care to truly understand what Jesus said.
    You are the one that asked me when Jesus said we should believe. Now I have told you. Believing is obviously the first step but you won't accept that and you will still maintain that faith is not essential for salvation even if Jesus said it is.

John 11:25,26

And Jesus said to her I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me though he may die he shall live.

And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 14:26
    You are the one that asked me when Jesus said we should believe. Now I have told you. Believing is obviously the first step but you won't accept that and you will still maintain that faith is not essential for salvation even if Jesus said it is.

John 11:25,26

And Jesus said to her I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me though he may die he shall live.
    That is not the first step. The first step is to understand what Jesus means by the word 'believe'.

Obviously you want to use YOUR definition, but Jesus had his own explanation for what he means by BELIEVE. I have already explained to you and quoted what Jesus aid about BELIEVE / BELIEF.

So you have gone your own way and have not stayed with the teachings of Christ.
    It your choice. I cannot help you further

Thread closed.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 14:33
    That is not the first step. The first step is to understand what Jesus means by the word 'believe'.

Obviously you want to use YOUR definition, but Jesus had his own explanation for what he means by BELIEVE. I have already explained to you and quoted what Jesus aid about BELIEVE / BELIEF.

So you have gone your own way and have not stayed with the teachings of Christ.
    It your choice. I cannot help you further

Thread closed.
    You are the one saying that belief doesn't require faith and the atheists can be saved. So if seems you are the one using your own definition of believe and not me.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 14:35
    You are the one saying that belief doesn't require faith and the atheists can be saved. So if seems you are the one using your own definition of believe and not me.
    Ok...
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 15:48
    Ok...
    So why do you say atheists don't have to believe in Jesus to be saved when Jesus says we do have to believe?
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 16:26
    So why do you say atheists don't have to believe in Jesus to be saved when Jesus says we do have to believe?
    Are you waiting for a different answer? 🙄
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 16:381 edit
    What you started scared him, he runs off, if confronted with scripture that doesn't line up with his doctrine. John 3:18 doesn't fit his beliefs, so he ends the discussion.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 17:23
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    What you started scared him, he runs off, if confronted with scripture that doesn't line up with his doctrine. John 3:18 doesn't fit his beliefs, so he ends the discussion.
    Mr Peace and Joy, you are another FOOLISH Christian who does not understand that God and Jesus Christ has no interest in what someone says.

Its all about what a person DOES.

DOERS ARE JUST, WHILE HEARERS AND TALKERS WITH BE DESTROYED.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 17:28
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Ironically he claims people should follow the teachings of Christ. But when you quote Christ he runs away...
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 17:53
    Ironically he claims people should follow the teachings of Christ. But when you quote Christ he runs away...
    Explain how does one believe in Christ?
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 18:031 edit
    Jesus illustrates how He views the relationship between "believing" and "doing" here:
    Matthew 21
    28“But what do you think? A man had two sons, and he came to the first and said, ‘Son, go work today in the vineyard.’ 29“And he answered, ‘I will not’; but afterward he regretted it and went. 30“The man came to the second and said the same thing; and he answered, ‘I will, sir’; but he did not go. 31“Which of the two did the will of his father?” They said, “The first.” Jesus said to them, “Truly I say to you that the tax collectors and prostitutes will get into the kingdom of God before you. 32“For John came to you in the way of righteousness and you did not believe him; but the tax collectors and prostitutes did believe him; and you, seeing this, did not even feel remorse afterward so as to believe him.

Clearly those who truly BELIEVE will DO. For example, there are two men. They both claim to believe in fidelity in marriage. One is true to his wife. The other is not. Which one truly believes in fidelity in marriage?
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 18:19
    Explain how does one believe in Christ?
    If you believe you have the conviction to obey. If someone told you a fire was approaching your village and you need to flee, would you obey him if you didn't believe him?
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 18:21
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Jesus illustrates how He views the relationship between "believing" and "doing" here:
    [quote]Matthew 21
    28“But what do you think? A man had two sons, and he came to the first and said, ‘Son, go work today in the vineyard.’ 29“And he answered, ‘I will not’; but afterward he regretted it and went. 30“The man came to the second and said the same thing; and ...[text shortened]... ge. One is true to his wife. The other is not. Which one truly believes in fidelity in marriage?
    Would you also agree that those who do are the ones that believe?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree