Rajk999 I accept more BECAUSE ....

Rajk999 I accept more BECAUSE ....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 22
1 edit

This is a typical post written by old timer here Rajk999.

There is One God, and One mediator, Jesus Christ. God so loved the world [not Jews or Christians only], that he gave his Son Jesus to die so that .. by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. (Romans 5:18 KJV) [all men - regardless of religion], so that whosoever believeth on Him [with their heart] as evidenced by good works clearly identified by Jesus, For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. (Matthew 25:35-36 KJV), will have everlasting life.

It appears to me for years now that far less strigent opposition from atheists here is mounted towards his theological views then for some others, including myself.

I would like for the more skeptical agnostic / atheist types on the forum to explain WHY Rajk999 seems not to generate your strenuous opposition as much. He seems to get much less pushback then me and a couple of other Christians.

Finish the sentence atheists, skeptic agnostic / atheists, anti-theist, "free-thinkers," Humanist / Modernists here.
Avalanche, Ghost, BigDogg, FMF, to name a few.

I do not argue as much with Rajk999 because . . . . .

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 22

@sonship said
This is a typical post written by old timer here Rajk999.
[quote]There is One God, and One mediator, Jesus Christ. God so loved the world [not Jews or Christians only], that he gave his Son Jesus to die so that .. by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. (Romans 5:18 KJV) [all men - regardless of religion], so that whosoever be ...[text shortened]... , BigDogg, FMF, to name a few.

In my opinion, it’s all about the deity of Jesus Christ.

Atheists and Christ deniers go hand in hand.

rajk999 has said more than once he does not believe Jesus Christ was/is God but instead was a created being.

Atheists obviously do not believe Jesus Christ was/is God.

Look who rajk999 pals around with and who he never insults. Those would be atheists.

Look who he exclusively insults. Those would be Christians who believe Jesus Christ was/is God. rajk999 has even said he doesn’t like to be called a Christian.

That’s the dividing line, imo.

An exception might be dive because rajk999 pals around with dive and never insults him and dive *apparently* believes Jesus Christ was/is God.

But I’m honestly not sure about that because dive also recently said he’s a Muslim (even a Muslim cleric,) and he seems to enjoy trashing the Name of Jesus Christ.

Über-Nerd

Moves
07 Feb 22
1 edit

@sonship

he's more sensible than some of the other posters here. This does not mean that I agree with everything he posts.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
07 Feb 22

@sonship said

It appears to me for years now that far less strigent opposition from atheists here is mounted towards his theological views then for some others, including myself.
Then you haven't been paying attention. All of you, including Rajk, are squabbling over the precise nature of a God entirely of human construction. The one thing I do like (in an entirely non-religious context) are the teachings attributed to Jesus. If my criticizing posts here are weighted more heavily towards yourself it's because Rajk focuses on these teachings while you endeavor to twist them to harbor the notion that man will be deified.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
07 Feb 22

when one discards desire
right and wrong cease to exist

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
07 Feb 22
1 edit

I don't argue with Rajk999 very much because he - for the most part and insofar as I understand it - seems to have a pretty clear understanding of the message which I think Jesus was trying to get across. He doesn't seem to worship a creed or a book. Having said that, I recall having a rather intemperate exchange with him in the past. If memory serves this was more to do with his abrasive manner than any fundamental disagreement, but I'd be prepared to accept that I may be mistaken. I believe we ended the discussion without excessive rancour, which is more than I can say for some disagreements I've had with avowed christians here.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Then you haven't been paying attention. All of you, including Rajk, are squabbling over the precise nature of a God entirely of human construction. The one thing I do like (in an entirely non-religious context) are the teachings attributed to Jesus. If my criticizing posts here are weighted more heavily towards yourself it's because Rajk focuses on these teachings while you endeavor to twist them to harbor the notion that man will be deified.
<<All of you, including Rajk, are squabbling over the precise nature of a God entirely of human construction.>>

Totally false, but you (like everyone) will find out soon enough.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
I don't argue with Rajk999 very much because he - for the most part and insofar as I understand it - seems to have a pretty clear understanding of the message which I think Jesus was trying to get across. He doesn't seem to worship a creed or a book. Having said that, I recall having a rather intemperate exchange with him in the past. If memory serves this was more to ...[text shortened]... e rancour, which is more than I can say for some disagreements I've had with avowed christians here.
<<he - for the most part and insofar as I understand it - seems to have a pretty clear understanding of the message which I think Jesus was trying to get across.>>

You think he exhibits love for God and love for his neighbor in here?

<<without excessive rancour, which is more than I can say for some disagreements I've had with avowed christians here.>>

And that “excessive rancour” had nothing to do with you, of course.

F

Moves
07 Feb 22

Way back when, Rajk999 made it crystal clear to me that he's not here to discuss atheism or theism with atheists. Fair enough. He's stuck to that, and I respect him for that choice and for his constancy.

There are only a few posters here I'd quite like to have a beer and bite to eat with one day, and Rajk999 is one of them.

I've always thought his theology - though I don't subscribe to it - is clear and tenaciously argued.

It's been fascinating, down through the years, to see the number of informal fallacies his fellow followers of Jesus, a motley lot for sure, have resorted to and brandished in their efforts to assail his cogent and brusquely delivered interpretations.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 22

@fmf said
Way back when, Rajk999 made it crystal clear to me that he's not here to discuss atheism or theism with atheists. Fair enough. He's stuck to that, and I respect him for that choice and for his constancy.

There are only a few posters here I'd quite like to have a beer and bite to eat with one day, and Rajk999 is one of them.

I've always thought his theology - though I don' ...[text shortened]... ted to and brandished in their efforts to assail his cogent and brusquely delivered interpretations.
When one’s theology is largely confined to 3 chapters of an 1,189-chapter book and one ignores huge swathes of the Holy Bible and are reduced to saying only what Jesus Christ said to crowds of people matters, it’s not hard to claim that person’s theology is “clear.”

rajk999 is still in the Old Testament and under the old covenant - only with no animal sacrifices to take away sins and ramped-up definitions of what constitutes a sin.

F

Moves
07 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
When one’s theology is largely confined to 3 chapters of an 1,189-chapter book and one ignores huge swathes of the Holy Bible and are reduced to saying only what Jesus Christ said to crowds of people matters, it’s not hard to claim that person’s theology is “clear.”

rajk999 is still in the Old Testament and under the old covenant - only with no animal sacrifices to take away sins and ramped-up definitions of what constitutes a sin.
You whinging to me about your theological disputes with Rajk999 is you simply wasting your breath.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 22

@fmf said
You whinging to me about your theological disputes with Rajk999 is you simply wasting your breath.
I’m not talking to you.

I’m responding to your post.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 22

@pb1022 said

Should have added in my first post that rajk999 principally teaches law keeping and condemnation - and literally nothing about love and forgiveness.

His, in my view, *false* doctrine of condemnation and guilt drives people, including Christians, away from God, which is obviously just fine with atheists.

I can’t count the number of times rajk999 has condemned Christians to hell on here, insulted Christians in the most vile and nasty terms imaginable and falsely said what they believe, all of which are no doubt a great delight to his atheistic cheerleaders.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 22

@PB1022
Thankyou.
Particularly atheists and Christ deniers go hand and hand.

I'll see what they say themselves.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 22
1 edit

@moonbus

@sonship

he's more sensible than some of the other posters here. This does not mean that I agree with everything he posts.

Thankyou moonbus.

What seems to you to be "more sensible" - your most impressive case?