Rajk999 I accept more BECAUSE ....

Rajk999 I accept more BECAUSE ....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 22
3 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Then you haven't been paying attention. All of you, including Rajk, are squabbling over the precise nature of a God entirely of human construction. The one thing I do like (in an entirely non-religious context) are the teachings attributed to Jesus. If my criticizing posts here are weighted more heavily towards yourself it's because Rajk focuses on these teachings while you endeavor to twist them to harbor the notion that man will be deified.

Thanks Ghost.
I'll take that as basically saying that my perception is wrong.
And that he more accuately passes on what Jesus taught.

You think he honors Christ compared to my dishonoring of Christ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 22
1 edit

@PB1022

An exception might be dive because rajk999 pals around with dive and never insults him and dive *apparently* believes Jesus Christ was/is God.

But I’m honestly not sure about that because dive also recently said he’s a Muslim (even a Muslim cleric,) and he seems to enjoy trashing the Name of Jesus Christ.

Would you say that for someone to hold that Jesus is God for while only, but not after the millennial kingdom and on into eternal is saying He is more like a "demigod?"

I get a kind of "Jesus is God" for a span of time only.
In your opinion is that like one of the coming and going demigods of one or two
mythologies?

rain

Moves
07 Feb 22

@sonship said
I would like for the more skeptical agnostic / atheist types on the forum to explain WHY Rajk999 seems not to generate your strenuous opposition as much.
His theological views matter much less than his racism, something he's openly proud about.

Posters like Rajk or Cheney's religious views are clearly worthless and don't warrant discussion when they produce such vile people.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 22

@rookie54

when one discards desire
right and wrong cease to exist

Do you have a preference as to how much time you'd spend disagreeing?

With me sonship or with Rajk999?

Moves
07 Feb 22

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke
[quote] Then you haven't been paying attention. All of you, including Rajk, are squabbling over the precise nature of a God entirely of human construction. The one thing I do like (in an entirely non-religious context) are the teachings attributed to Jesus. If my criticizing posts here are weighted more heavily towards yourself it's because Rajk focuses on t ...[text shortened]... y passes on what Jesus taught.

You think he honors Christ compared to my dishonoring of Christ?
Yes.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 22

@sonship said
@PB1022
An exception might be dive because rajk999 pals around with dive and never insults him and dive *apparently* believes Jesus Christ was/is God.

But I’m honestly not sure about that because dive also recently said he’s a Muslim (even a Muslim cleric,) and he seems to enjoy trashing the Name of Jesus Christ.

Would you say that for someone to hol ...[text shortened]... y.
In your opinion is that like one of the coming and going demigods of one or two
mythologies?
I’m not sure I understand your question. I believe Jesus Christ is God eternally.

Even during His earthly ministry when He was in the flesh, He was still fully God (though also fully man.)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat

I don't argue with Rajk999 very much because he - for the most part and insofar as I understand it - seems to have a pretty clear understanding of the message which I think Jesus was trying to get across.

I see.

You think he has it more clear than say Peter in Acts? or John in his epistles? or Paul in his some 13 letters of the NT ?

He doesn't seem to worship a creed or a book. Having said that, I recall having a rather intemperate exchange with him in the past. If memory serves this was more to do with his abrasive manner than any fundamental disagreement, but I'd be prepared to accept that I may be mistaken. I believe we ended the discussion without excessive rancour, which is more than I can say for some disagreements I've had with avowed christians here.

Thanks avalanche.

I'll take that basically as you think he understands what Jesus actually said and taught His disciples.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 22

@PB1022

I’m not sure I understand your question. I believe Jesus Christ is God eternally.

Even during His earthly ministry when He was in the flesh, He was still fully God (though also fully man.)

Let me check for typos.

I am not asking about your view but what I think I understand Divegeester to be saying.

He loves the Shema about God being one. He likes 1 Coribthians 15 aorund verse 28 that Jesus gives up the kingdom. Upon closer examination I cannot shake the opinion that he regards Christ as God incarnate as TEMPORARY, reverting BACK to something he feels the Shema says.

I see a "Jesus is God for a limited time" kind of Son of God.

Do you get that impression too? Just answer me that.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 22
1 edit

@FMF

Way back when, Rajk999 made it crystal clear to me that he's not here to discuss atheism or theism with atheists. Fair enough. He's stuck to that, and I respect him for that choice and for his constancy.

What about discussions with agnostic atheists?
Did he make clear he wasn't addressing them also?

There are only a few posters here I'd quite like to have a beer and bite to eat with one day, and Rajk999 is one of them.

I've always thought his theology - though I don't subscribe to it - is clear and tenaciously argued.

It's been fascinating, down through the years, to see the number of informal fallacies his fellow followers of Jesus, a motley lot for sure, have resorted to and brandished in their efforts to assail his cogent and brusquely delivered interpretations.

Thanks

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 22

@sonship said
@PB1022

Let me check for typos.

I am not asking about your view but what I think I understand Divegeester to be saying.

He loves the Shema about God being ...[text shortened]... d for a limited time" kind of Son of God.

Do you get that impression too? Just answer me that.
I don’t know what dive believes or if he’s even a Christian because he recently (last couple of days) said he was a Muslim and even a Muslim cleric. Maybe he was joking but I don’t see how a Christian jokes about denying his faith.

He also apparently believes everyone goes to Heaven and seems preoccupied with trashing the Name of Jesus. Most recently he started a thread questioning the veracity of the Holy Bible.

It’s (imo) very strange behavior for a Christian. But as far as what dive actually believes, I have no idea and based on the above wouldn’t believe what he said anyway.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 22
4 edits

@PB1022

I am confused by Divegeester too.

I think my perception is not too far off.

That more vocal atheists here reason - "If I have to have someone here tell me about Jesus, I prefer it be Rajk999 to say, PB1022, KellyJay, sonship, josephw"

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 22
1 edit

@sonship said
@PB1022

I am confused by Divegeester too.

I think my perception is not too far off.

That more vocal atheists here reason - "If I have to have someone here tell me about Jesus, I prefer it be Rajk999 to say, PB1022, KellyJay, sonship."
I think that’s because rajk999 is in the Old Testament. Jesus Christ’s sacrifice on the cross means nothing to him.

Oh sure, he’ll say Jesus Christ’s sacrifice cleansed someone of all their *past sins* from before they accepted Jesus Christ, but their future sins are not forgiven in his doctrine (which apparently means people with unforgiven sins go to Heaven.)

Another example of how Jesus Christ’s sacrifice on the cross means nothing to rajk999 is his belief that atheists and non-Christians (all of whom have unforgiven sins) go to Heaven.

rajk999’s view of Jesus Christ is essentially that Jesus was a good teacher, which is how a lot of atheists view Jesus also.

Atheists, like rajk999, also believe prayer, worshipping God, reading the Holy Bible and going to church are all silly.

As I said earlier, rajk999 is still in the Old Testament - only with no animal sacrifices and ramped-up definitions of sin.

And his (imo) false doctrine also makes no sense in that if Jesus Christ’s sacrifice on the cross causes someone’s past sins to be forgiven (from the time that person accepted Christ backward,) what of atheists and other people who reject Christ?

rajk999 says they go to Heaven even though they reject Jesus and their past sins are not forgiven.

His doctrine really makes no sense, but since it essentially reduces Jesus Christ to only a good teacher and keeps Christians under the law and condemnation, atheists love it.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Feb 22

@vivify said
His theological views matter much less than his racism, something he's openly proud about.

Posters like Rajk or Cheney's religious views are clearly worthless and don't warrant discussion when they produce such vile people.
Of a truth.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Feb 22

@moonbus said
@sonship

I do not argue as much with Rajk999 because . . . . .

he's more sensible than some of the other posters here. This does not mean that I agree with everything he posts.
Lol... Christians will hate you for that. But lets resist the temptation to personalize this thread. Lets not make it about me as sonship is trying to do.

Do you agree with the teachings of Christ?
Do you find the teachings of Christ more palatable than what many Christians promote here?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Then you haven't been paying attention. All of you, including Rajk, are squabbling over the precise nature of a God entirely of human construction. The one thing I do like (in an entirely non-religious context) are the teachings attributed to Jesus. If my criticizing posts here are weighted more heavily towards yourself it's because Rajk focuses on these teachings while you endeavor to twist them to harbor the notion that man will be deified.
Perfect. It is all about the teachings of Jesus Christ, which many accept and good and righteous doctrines. These are doctrines that Christians have failed to promote.