1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 09:07
    The Latin re or red means again and again. In = in, carno/carnis = meat. Krsna explains in the Bhagavad-gita chapter 2, verse 13:

dehino 'smin yatha dehe
    kaumaram yauvanam jara
    tatha dehantara praptir
    dhiras tatra na muhyati

"As the self moves in this body, from childhood to youth to old age, so the self passes into another body at death. The wise are not confused by this change."

Materialistic science speaks of 'turnover' times; the time it takes for a certain set of atoms or molecules in a cell or organ to be replaced by a new. This is for a blood cell 150 days, and for the average liver cell a couple of months, for the protein in nerve and brain cells a couple of weeks and for some enzymes in these cells less than an hour. Sometimes people think the brain is unchanging. This is not so. The number of brain cells increases until the 19th year and then decreases slowly. The genetic structure remains, but the substance changes or has "turnovers". For the intestines half the proteins are manufactured and dissolved every five 5 to 6 days. Skin cells have a 'turnover' of a couple of weeks. By the 16th or 17th year the bones are full-grown and 99% calcified. The skeleton is mostly living tissue where construction and breakdown takes place: if a bone breaks then in a couple of months the tissue is rebuild. Calcified bone remains but it is not indestructible. Another molecule that has no 'turnover' is DNA. DNA ultimately rules all living processes. However, if a part of the DNA molecule is damaged there are enzymes, which repair it. Thus, DNA is also temporary.

However, the soul or self never changes. The contents of the soul's consciousness changes, the person's qualities but the soul, the substrate is the same. The soul, during this lifetime, is always reincarnating or migrating from one body turning over to another body. The atma (self) is the witness of all this. By living the spiritual life, the self can re-establish its natural loving position with God in the transcendental dimension. The self will experience ever increasing bliss and becomes thus completely free of and aloof from matter.

Namaste
  2. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 09:501 edit
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    The Latin re or red means again and again. In = in, carno/carnis = meat. Krsna explains in the Bhagavad-gita chapter 2, verse 13:

dehino 'smin yatha dehe
    kaumaram yauvanam jara
    tatha dehantara praptir
    dhiras tatra na muhyati

"As the self moves in this body, from childhood to youth to old age, so the self passes into another body at death. The wi reasing bliss and becomes thus completely free of and aloof from matter.

Namaste
    The world's population is increasing. Where are the extra souls coming from?

P.S. Namaste
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 10:10
    Originally posted by lausey

P.S. Namaste
    I asked him that before and he said that there are many other populated planets, and there is also a sort of 'soul bank' of souls not currently inhabiting bodies.
    My conclusion from his responses was that the chances of you re-incarnating into a human again is vanishingly small.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 10:15
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I asked him that before and he said that there are many other populated planets, and there is also a sort of 'soul bank' of souls not currently inhabiting bodies.
    My conclusion from his responses was that the chances of you re-incarnating into a human again is vanishingly small.
    Ask him anything he cannot answer, and he will insult you.
    If you want to be insulted, then ask him anything.
    Very vedic...
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 10:18
    wayOriginally posted by twhitehead
    Why do you say I said something that I didnt, what is this soul bank that you made up.

Why do you lie, why are you dishonest.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 10:232 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 10:25

P.S. Namaste
    There are souls on other planets, in other universes, and in the plant species, animal species, microrganism...everywhere.
  8. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 10:28
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    In other words, you are always right.

FabianFnas, you predicted correct.
  9. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 10:29
    There are souls on other planets, in other universes, and in the plant species, animal species, microrganism...everywhere.
    How fast do the souls from other planets "drift" to this one?
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 10:46
    FabianFnas, you predicted correct.
    An easy one there... 😉
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 15:10

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 15:21

dehino 'smin yatha dehe
    kaumaram yauvanam jara
    tatha dehantara praptir
    dhiras tatra na muhyati

"As the self moves in this body, from childhood to youth to old age, so the self passes into another body at death. The wi ...[text shortened]... reasing bliss and becomes thus completely free of and aloof from matter.

Namaste
    So if you were a weed at one time but now human would you know you were once a weed?
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 15:31
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I was suspicious at that time. I believe it when I see it, I thought.

I would like to read his apology again. But I forgot where...
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 15:362 edits

dehino 'smin yatha dehe
    kaumaram yauvanam jara
    tatha dehantara praptir
    dhiras tatra na muhyati

"As the self moves in this body, from childhood to youth to old age, so the self passes into another body at death. The wi reasing bliss and becomes thus completely free of and aloof from matter.

Namaste
    You did an interesting thing with the text you plagiarized here in your OP. http://krishnascience.com/5_Reincarnation.html

You changed the following text from:
    "By chanting of the Hare Krishna Mahamantra, the self can re-establish its natural loving position with Krishna in the transcendental dimension...Hare Krishna"

to:
    "By living the spiritual life, the self can re-establish its natural loving position with God in the transcendental dimension...Namaste"

...leaving the rest of the text the same unless I missed something.

Looks like an attempt to distance yourself from the Hare Krishna movement. Why? They're good enough to steal from, but not give credit to?

If you're going to use text written by others, you really need to cite your sources. There have been problems with some fundamentalist Christians doing the same. Yet another commonality?
  15. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 15:44
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    You did an interesting thing with the text you plagiarized here in your OP. http://krishnascience.com/5_Reincarnation.html

You changed the following text from:
    "By chanting of the Hare Krishna Mahamantra, the self can re-establish its natural loving position with Krishna in the transcendental dimension...Hare Krishna"

To:
    "B ...[text shortened]... been problems with some fundamentalist Christians doing the same. Yet another commonality?
    Vishva can't have done that. He is honest.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree