"KEN BLOCK GYMKHANA TWO THE INFOMERCIAL" -and have a good time๐Ÿ˜ต
  2. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 05:03
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Enlightenment is just a change of the point of one's attention
    And satori is the result of overcoming dualism by means of activating one's awareness once the new point of attention is fixed
    So, first practice and conduct satori, and then activate constantly this new point of attention (do overcome freely the dualist approach!) through your constant aw ...[text shortened]... tself, it is unborn because it never arises. Do you understand Nagarjuna's quote now?
    ๐Ÿ˜ต
    I like how the daoists encompass a lot of poetry style writings by juxtaposing polarities to show the superficiality of dualism. Stuff like -if you don't contend, what is there to contend with you; water flowing around rock; one hand clapping; usefulness of emptiness is so things can be contained in it etc.

Just a side question though- What dualities are actually there if I exist? Surely, these are just manifestations of the mind taken out of context ๐Ÿ˜
  3. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 05:10
    Originally posted by ua41
    I like how the daoists encompass a lot of poetry style writings by juxtaposing polarities to show the superficiality of dualism. Stuff like -if you don't contend, what is there to contend with you; water flowing around rock; one hand clapping; usefulness of emptiness is so things can be contained in it etc.

Just a side question though- What dualities are act ...[text shortened]... lly there if I exist? Surely, these are just manifestations of the mind taken out of context ๐Ÿ˜
    There are all the possible dualities in the form of all the possible forms and, as you said, they are becoming real as manifestations of the mind๐Ÿ˜ต
  4. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 09:26
    There are all the possible dualities in the form of all the possible forms and, as you said, they are becoming real as manifestations of the mind๐Ÿ˜ต
    Or ...

"Just as all environments and beings float in space,
    so samsara and nirvana never crystallize in pure mind;
    just as a variety of dreams occur in sleep,
    so the six realms and the triple world manifest in mind:
    all events at their arising, within the scope of gnosis,
    are the cosmic gestalt of empty spontaneity."

from Longchempa's "Treasury of Natural Perfection",
    tr. Keith Dowman.
    ("Old Man Basking In The Sun" Vajra Publications, 2007)

๐Ÿ™‚
  5. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 09:32
    Originally posted by Taoman
    Or ...

"Just as all environments and beings float in space,
    so samsara and nirvana never crystallize in pure mind;
    just as a variety of dreams occur in sleep,
    so the six realms and the triple world manifest in mind:
    all events at their arising, within the scope of gnosis,
    are the cosmic gestalt of empty spontaneity."

from Longchempa's "Treasury of ...[text shortened]... on",
    tr. Keith Dowman.
    ("Old Man Basking In The Sun" Vajra Publications, 2007)

๐Ÿ™‚
    I bow
    ๐Ÿ˜ต
  6. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 17:49
    Enlightenment is just a change of the point of one's attention
    And satori is the result of overcoming dualism by means of activating one's awareness once the new point of attention is fixed
    So, first practice and conduct satori, and then activate constantly this new point of attention (do overcome freely the dualist approach!) through your constant aw ...[text shortened]... tself, it is unborn because it never arises. Do you understand Nagarjuna's quote now?
    ๐Ÿ˜ต
    I don't think I do yet, but I will persevere. Satori yet eludes me, but I have touched on Kensho once or twice I think.
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 17:52
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    I don't think I do yet, but I will persevere. Satori yet eludes me, but I have touched on Kensho once or twice I think.
    Fine๐Ÿ˜ต

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree