1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 02:102 edits
    This 80 some year old Christian brother has some skills that I do not have.

Some of you whom I have tried to help, I would like to pass you on to someone older. Maybe, and it is only a maybe, something of the way he teaches about the Christian faith may be of some use to you.

Samples

YouTube : =LovingYourself

YouTube : =HowToLoveOthers

YouTube : =CHAOS

YouTube : =ThreeHumanNeeds

YouTube : =HearingGodsVoice
  2. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 02:24
    Wow! I randomly clicked the last one. I started to weep with him as he was overcome by the Spirit. What a wonderful, sincere man.

Thanks for sharing, brother.

I would like to share a video from my mentor if you cared to watch. I don't have one pulled up and ready but if you want to watch, I would love to discuss it. I'll wait for your invitation.

Thanks again brother. I was touched by Bob Mumford and that means a lot. It doesn't happen often.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 03:00
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Wow! I randomly clicked the last one. I started to weep with him as he was overcome by the Spirit. What a wonderful, sincere man.

I would like to share a video from my mentor if you cared to watch. I don't have one pulled up and ready but if you want to watch, I would love to discuss it. I'll wait for your i ...[text shortened]... nks again brother. I was touched by Bob Mumford and that means a lot. It doesn't happen often.
    All of them seem to be short yet solid.
    Sure, please share your mentor's helpful ministry to you.
  4. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 03:10
    Originally posted by @sonship
    All of them seem to be short yet solid.
    Sure, please share your mentor's helpful ministry to you.
    RC Sproul likes to get to the 'nitty gritty' in his lectures and speak deeply and substantively on tough subjects.

One of those is the subject of free will.

If you would humor me when you have a moment, please take this in. I hope you like it!

YouTube : Free Will
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 03:34

I would like to share a video from my mentor if you cared to watch. I don't have one pulled up and ready but if you want to watch, I would love to discuss it. I'll wait for your i ...[text shortened]... nks again brother. I was touched by Bob Mumford and that means a lot. It doesn't happen often.
    Wow, same here I picked the last one too.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 08:19
    RC Sproul likes to get to the 'nitty gritty' in his lectures and speak deeply and substantively on tough subjects.

One of those is the subject of free will.

If you would humor me when you have a moment, please take this in. I hope you like it!

[youtube Free Will]bcyttnC6cjg[/youtube]
    Tom, I watched the entire video as usually R.C. Sproul I have to hear all the way through. I have much to say but probably will do it latter.

I like much in the analysis. And I would like to see the continuation lecture. Let me speak more latter.

Generally what we don't have Christ has.
    And we must receive Christ into us.
    The life power and the choosing power are in another Person. This Person has the ability to merge and blend into our very being.

"He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit." (1 Cor. 6:17)

That means for the Christian, one part of her being is Christ. Or if you wish, one part of his spirit is mingled with Christ, joined to Christ, united with Christ as "one spirit".

We choose lousy most of the time. Our sin nature drags us down most of the time. That is Romans 7. Romans 8 we learn to choose according to the sense of divine life and peace by setting our mind on the mingled spirit.

"For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the spirit is life and peace." (Rom. 8:6)

The innermost sensation of divine life and peace is the most enjoyable governing phenomenon within that empower us to allow Christ to live in us. He chooses exactly right all the time.

So we have to realize first that Christ can live in us.
    We have to appreciate Who and What this Person is in all His victory and total pleasingness to the Father. Then by practice we must learn to set our mind, indeed our whole being, on the realm and sphere where He dwells in the Christian and is "one spirit" with him.

This is all I would say at the moment. R.C.'s analysis of the choosing will is good and more scholarly philosophically then I could do. He has that education and training to know what the prominent voices have said.

but what wonderful practical help we get in Scripture and from those who have pioneered in the experience of walking by the Spirit.

Let's talk more about it latter.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 09:152 edits
    Sonship Tom Wolsey and RBHILL

You have all just declared the words by the man in the last video in the OP to have moved you to say “wow” or to eulogise or to weep with him.

So here is the act which goes with these outward gushing expressions of impact which you claim he has had on you....He calls on you quite enequivocally to release your doctrinal presuppositions in order to allow your mind to be transformed into the mind of Christ.

Rather than weeping and wowing and cooing over this human being, what would impress me would be for each of you to state which of your doctrinal presuppositions you have released hold of.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 09:57
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Sonship Tom Wolsey and RBHILL

You have all just declared the words by the man in the last video in the OP to have moved you to say “wow” or to eulogise or to weep with him.

So here is the [b]act
    which goes with these outward gushing expressions of impact which you claim he has had on you....He calls on you quite enequivocally to release your ...[text shortened]... d be for each of you to state which of your doctrinal presuppositions you have released hold of.[/b]
    It beats trying to be your own girlfriend.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 11:07
    Interesting how THIS draws a reproachful comment from you, while dj2becker's repeated trolling of divegeester with regard to the suicide of his birth mother you have studiously ignored.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 11:49
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Interesting how THIS draws a reproachful comment from you, while dj2becker's repeated trolling of divegeester with regard to the suicide of his birth mother you have studiously ignored.
    Quote my exact words where I trolled divegeester with regard to the suicide of his birth mother.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 13:02
    ...and there's the first dodge indicating that as suspected your OP is a load of pretentious pious guff with no actual substantive impact in you personally.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 16:283 edits
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    ...and there's the first dodge indicating that as suspected your OP is a load of pretentious pious guff with no actual substantive impact in you personally.
    Still beats trying to be your own girlfriend.

That is best to be dodged and rather refer the sufferer to some professional psychological help.

Get some professional clinical help.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 16:462 edits
    Still beats trying to be your own girlfriend.

That is best to be dodged and rather refer the sufferer to some professional psychological help.

Get some professional clinical help.
    Hiding behind my prank about Bronwen would have slightly more credibility than the zero it has if you bothered to actually read the threads concerned - neither Bronwen nor her boyfriend existed, and neither on them were "divegeester".

So instead why not address my on topic point in my first post in this thread which addresses the hollowness of all the cringey "wowing" and "wooing" and "weeping" that is going on.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 16:471 edit
    Re-posting for Sonship Tom Wolsey and RBHILL

So here is the act which goes with these outward gushing expressions of impact which you claim he has had on you....He calls on you quite unequivocally to release your doctrinal presuppositions in order to allow your mind to be transformed into the mind of Christ.

Rather than weeping and wowing and cooing over this human being, what would impress me would be for each of you to state which of your doctrinal presuppositions you have released hold of.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 17:081 edit
    While we’re posting YouTube links, what does the panel think of this pastor’s use of the Holy Ghost power?

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree