1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 May '18 14:562 edits
    Originally posted by @eladar
    You asked for an example of how your point of view is incorrect. I provided you with the example.

You are a child of Satan. It is kind of funny watching the deceived argue with each other over what is the true lie.
    You asked for an example of how your point of view is incorrect. I provided you with the example.

The reality is that what I asked for was the following:
    <<By all means, list everything that you think I don't understand about the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry. For each item on the list, detail your understanding and show how your understanding was derived from the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry,>>

Clearly this latest assertion of yours is a lie.

Your previous assertion remains unfounded. You've still got absolutely nothing that demonstrates that I don't understand the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry and that you do.

You just make one vacuous assertion after another.

If anyone is a "child of Satan", it is you:
    John 8
    44“You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 May '18 15:08
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    [b]You asked for an example of how your point of view is incorrect. I provided you with the example.

The reality is that what I asked for was the following:
    <<By all means, list everything that you think I don't understand about the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry. For each item on the list, detail your understanding and show how you ...[text shortened]... henever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.[/b]
    Jesus preached that sexual immorality was of Satan and those who practice it do not have the holy spirit in their heart.

You are so deceived that you can't understand when your question has been answered.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 May '18 15:40
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Jesus preached that sexual immorality was of Satan and those who practice it do not have the holy spirit in their heart.

You are so deceived that you can't understand when your question has been answered.
    Yet another vacuous assertion. No surprise.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 May '18 18:43
    Here’s something to think about:

If good works and avoiding sin makes one righteous and gets one into heaven, why were the first four of the Ten Commandments about humans’ relationship with God?

And if good works and avoiding sin makes one righteous and gets one into heaven, why, when Jesus Christ was asked which is the greatest commandment, did He reply,

“Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

This is the first and great commandment.

And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.”

(Matthew 22:37-39)
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 May '18 18:47
    If good works and avoiding sin makes one righteous and gets one into heaven

That's how the dead would describe how one gets to heaven according to fundies.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 May '18 18:52
    John 14

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit
    15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be[c] in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

22 Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, “But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?”

23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 May '18 00:341 edit
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Here’s something to think about:

If good works and avoiding sin makes one righteous and gets one into heaven, why were the first four of the Ten Commandments about humans’ relationship with God?

And if good works and avoiding sin makes one righteous and gets one into heaven, why, when Jesus Christ was asked which is the greatest commandment, did He ...[text shortened]... And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.”

(Matthew 22:37-39)
    In the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, Jesus makes it clear that only those who KEEP and OBEY His commandments love Him and abide in His love.

John 14 
    15“If you love me, keep my commands. 
    21Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.” 
    23Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.
    24Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching... 

John 15
    9“Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. 10“If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

Didn't you say that today you were going to post something that you thought reconciles "salvation by faith alone" with the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry?
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 May '18 00:55
    .. Didn't you say that today you were going to post something that you thought reconciles "salvation by faith alone" with the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry?
    Lol..
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 May '18 02:34
    In the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, Jesus makes it clear that only those who KEEP and OBEY His commandments love Him and abide in His love.

John 14 
    21Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and sho ...[text shortened]... ght reconciles "salvation by faith alone" with the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry?
    I am, probably tonight.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 May '18 02:35

John 14 
    21Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and sho ...[text shortened]... ght reconciles "salvation by faith alone" with the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry?
    BTW, you’re forgetting that faith and belief were very important parts of Jesus’ Gospel message.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 May '18 02:36
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Lol..
    Back to lol’ing, amigo?

The night is quite young where I live.
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    29 May '18 11:12
    [b]I, on the other hand, apply 2 Timothy 3:16 and consider the whole of scripture, and treat it as the Word of God, and I do not force my own interpretation on it. Doing so is unscriptural.

And yet, that is exactly what you do. For example, you did exactly that with Leviticus 25:44-46. That passage flies on the face of your conception of God, so y ...[text shortened]... believing that it doesn't say what it actually says and you do it in a most disingenuous manner.[/b]
    Can't get that out of your mind apparently, and because you think you have the correct interpretation you can sit there and tell me that because I don't share your interpretation I'm deluded in my conception of God.

Your conception of God as condoning slavery based on God's prescription for slavery in Leviticus 25 is faulty. To condone something can't be misconstrued to mean God is a God that encourages slavery as thought He Himself was flawed ethically.

That's the sense of it I get from you. You project a concept of God as a slaver by your inference that God "condones" slavery making God both unethical and unjust.

Leviticus 25 is a prescription for slavery to the Jews because of man's injustice, immoral and unethical bent. The ordinance prescribed in Leviticus 25 is to establish boundaries for the Jews and protection for the slaves in an otherwise dysfunctional man centered and not God centered society.

God is Holy, just and good and does not approve of slavery but allows it due to man's innate sinful nature.
  13. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    29 May '18 11:32
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    BTW, you’re forgetting that faith and belief were very important parts of Jesus’ Gospel message.
    ToO and Rajk both, while continuously focused on "the words of Jesus", ignore the words of Jesus that flies in the face of the gospel they preach which is of the law.

These words of Jesus I believe were spoken by Jesus to just the type such as they are.
    Matthew 23:23
    "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone."

Mercy and faith, the earmarks of the gospel of the grace of God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Rajk and ToO seek to add to the work that Jesus performed on the cross. Notice too that no where in any of their posts do they say anything about redemption, forgiveness, mercy, propitiation or the imputation of the righteousness of Christ.

And they leave out of their gospel at least 90% of the rest of scripture, and any mention of God's grace except as something to earn.

They strain at gnats and swallow camels.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 May '18 12:15
    Originally posted by @secondson
    ToO and Rajk both, while continuously focused on "the words of Jesus", ignore the words of Jesus that flies in the face of the gospel they preach which is of the law.

These words of Jesus I believe were spoken by Jesus to just the type such as they are.
    Matthew 23:23
    "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anis ...[text shortened]... mention of God's grace except as something to earn.

They strain at gnats and swallow camels.
    Matthew 5

For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 May '18 12:25
    The problem with Rajk and ToO isn't that they believe good works need to proceed from a person who has the holy spirit. Their problem is that they do not recognize sin. This reveals that they are not children of God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree