1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Sep '18 16:52
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    The major point of reincarnation is in fact human arrogance, that we would be so highly thought of by the gods, whatever THEY are, that we are given special treatment over the animals who presumably don't have this magical ability to pollute yet ANOTHER time and space over the original.
    Hinduism doesn't discount the possibility that humans can reincarnate as animals.
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    02 Sep '18 20:38
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    The only thing I remember sir, from my hamster days, is stuffing my cheeks full of cheese.

Maybe (just maybe) I also recall borrowing three shillings from a chap with big ears and multiple chins, but how that accrued to 1200 pounds over several incarnations is beyond me.
    Well, it would be beyond the comprehension of a hamster, now wouldn’t it? I am not at liberty to divulge all of the details, however, I can reveal that the hamster was ‘liberated’ from a military ‘research’ facility, at considerable personal risk, smuggled out of the country, given a new identity, and placed in a safe house under the care of a certain 13-year old girl named Sarah (surely you remember Sarah?), who fed you endless bits of cheese (which does seem to have left an impression) and groomed your coat to keep you free of fleas. The cost of your upkeep was met privately by me, your ‘fairy godmother’ in that particular incarnation, the funds having been deducted from my wages as cook to Sarah’s family. You may redeem the debt in dark chocolate and cognac, if you prefer. (I have a fondness for dark chocolate and cognac).

The three shillings belonged to Duncan, the gardner. You had a fondness for shiny things; you may keep them.

You can verify the truth of this account by digging five meters away, NNW from the third poplar tree in the garden. You lived a full and happy life, after you were liberated, and your little corpse was buried there. (Unless the cat dug you up later...)
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Sep '18 21:04
    Hinduism doesn't discount the possibility that humans can reincarnate as animals.
    Hinduism accepts all of the universe and its various angles. Buddhism,like Christianity as told be Jesus, only focusses on this life. Hinduism is like an ocean which refuses no streams or rivers.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Sep '18 05:48
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Hinduism accepts all of the universe and its various angles. Buddhism,like Christianity as told be Jesus, only focusses on this life. Hinduism is like an ocean which refuses no streams or rivers.
    So you think Christianity doesn't focus on the afterlife? 🙄
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Sep '18 06:25
    ...Christianity as told be Jesus, only focusses on this life.
    Stay off of the drugs.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Sep '18 07:47
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    So you think Christianity doesn't focus on the afterlife? 🙄
    Jesus doesn't
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Sep '18 07:48
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Stay off of the drugs.
    Haven't had a spliff in like 3 weeks. Got anything?
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Sep '18 07:52
    Jesus doesn't
    John 14:2

In My Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Sep '18 09:151 edit
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    John 14:2

In My Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?
    Um yeah, and I found my room. (remember my comment was about reincarnation)
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    03 Sep '18 14:27
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    Well, it would be beyond the comprehension of a hamster, now wouldn’t it? I am not at liberty to divulge all of the details, however, I can reveal that the hamster was ‘liberated’ from a military ‘research’ facility, at considerable personal risk, smuggled out of the country, given a new identity, and placed in a safe house under the care of a certain 13-ye ...[text shortened]... ou were liberated, and your little corpse was buried there. (Unless the cat dug you up later...)
    My current incarnation sir has me living as a stingy Englishman.

See you in court.
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    04 Sep '18 00:02

See you in court.
    Bad karma?
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    04 Sep '18 00:11
    Jesus doesn't
    You talk in circles. Sad how you allow your imagination to undermine actual knowledge.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Sep '18 01:281 edit
    Haven't had a spliff in like 3 weeks. Got anything?
    A few weeks ago you said you had been off it for months or years was it. It’s obvious that much of your posting is influenced by narcotics of some sort. It will destroy your mind old chap.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Sep '18 01:29
    Jesus doesn't
    Hopeless.
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    04 Sep '18 04:45

See you in court.
    See you in the next incarnation. (Look for a hamster.)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree