1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Aug '18 15:30
    Originally posted by @fmf
    No one has ever suggested that divegeester's beliefs "need to be left alone".
    With the exception, of course, his belief in the non-existence of altruism.

We've collectively tucked that one away on the back shelf, behind the hacky sack and that signed photograph of Chesney Hawkes.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Aug '18 12:502 edits
    No one has ever suggested that divegeester's beliefs "need to be left alone".
    And why is that, pray tell? Have you ever confronted him on his beliefs, after confronting others incessantly? Why not?

Moreover (and regardless of your eagerness to derail a question not asked of you, when you can't even answer direct questions put to you), the question was asked of divegeester, because the answer to that specifically relevant question, given from his own viewpoint, contains the answer to his own question.

You are the ever-present derailleur in this forum, an abandoned wheel-chock left in the middle of the runway.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Aug '18 12:55
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    And why is that, pray tell? Have you ever confronted him on his beliefs, after confronting others incessantly? Why not?

Moreover (and regardless of your eagerness to derail a question not asked of you, when you can't even answer direct questions put to you), the question was asked of divegeester, because the answer to that specifi ...[text shortened]... ins the answer to his own question.

You are the ever-present derailleur in this forum.
    Why should sonship's beliefs be "left alone" on a debate and discussion forum?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Aug '18 13:02
    Why should sonship's beliefs be "left alone" on a debate and discussion forum?
    Returning to classic answer-dodging mode. Typical.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Aug '18 13:34
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Returning to classic answer-dodging mode. Typical.
    You haven't said why you think sonship's beliefs should be left alone.
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    29 Aug '18 22:21
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Am obviously not a believer in reincarnation, but there are actually some interesting (and difficult to explain) accounts of people remembering previous lives, and not the lives of queens or Napoleon and the like. I recall a documentary of a family accepting a stranger (a child) as their reincarnated grandfather, due to the specific memories and inf ...[text shortened]... which would explain why I have absolutely no recollection of being a hamster.

Mm, cheese...
    Hey, I remember that hamster! It owes me 1200 pounds!
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Aug '18 07:231 edit
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    Hey, I remember that hamster! It owes me 1200 pounds!
    Unfortunately sir, debts are not transferable across incarnations.
  8. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    01 Sep '18 00:55
    Unfortunately sir, debts are not transferable across incarnations.
    But isn't that a major point of reincarnation? Karma? Pay off debts that you accrued in past lives?
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    01 Sep '18 06:392 edits
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    But isn't that a major point of reincarnation? Karma? Pay off debts that you accrued in past lives?
    Of course. That’s why that hamster came back, as a GoaD. He just doesn’t know it yet. The unfortunate thing is, I have to keep coming back until he figures it out.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Sep '18 07:52
    Of course. That’s why that hamster came back, as a GoaD. He just doesn’t know it yet. The unfortunate thing is, I have to keep coming back until he figures it out.
    LMFAO!!!!!!!!!
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Sep '18 10:19
    The only thing I remember sir, from my hamster days, is stuffing my cheeks full of cheese.

Maybe (just maybe) I also recall borrowing three shillings from a chap with big ears and multiple chins, but how that accrued to 1200 pounds over several incarnations is beyond me.
  12. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    01 Sep '18 16:24
    The only thing I remember sir, from my hamster days, is stuffing my cheeks full of cheese.

Maybe (just maybe) I also recall borrowing three shillings from a chap with big ears and multiple chins, but how that accrued to 1200 pounds over several incarnations is beyond me.
    Inflation. Duh.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Sep '18 16:53
    Inflation. Duh.
    Sir, step away from the hamster...
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Sep '18 19:25
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    LMFAO!!!!!!!!!
    Still funny. For so many reasons
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Sep '18 15:15
    The major point of reincarnation is in fact human arrogance, that we would be so highly thought of by the gods, whatever THEY are, that we are given special treatment over the animals who presumably don't have this magical ability to pollute yet ANOTHER time and space over the original.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree