1. Joined
    28 Aug '05
    Moves
    1355
    23 Jul '06 14:20
    you show people a new outlook to life that their culture bound embodiment dissallows them from finding themselves, you throw in a god you remain commmited and there you go you have a religion ...
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    1795
    23 Jul '06 20:23
    Originally posted by Vladamir no1
    you show people a new outlook to life that their culture bound embodiment dissallows them from finding themselves, you throw in a god you remain commmited and there you go you have a religion ...
    most religion's show people an old outlook on life.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148445
    23 Jul '06 21:14
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    most religion's show people an old outlook on life.
    That is a big statement of faith on your part.
    My religion when I came to it was brand new for me, since I wasn't
    raised in religion didn't have any direct religous foundation in my life
    either.
    Kelly
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    1795
    23 Jul '06 21:17
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    That is a big statement of faith on your part.
    My religion when I came to it was brand new for me, since I wasn't
    raised in religion didn't have any direct religous foundation in my life
    either.
    Kelly
    ah, I meant old as in the ideas/outlook was old, as in had been around for a long period of time(because the word of god isn't going to change over time is it.) . it may be that a particular indevidual hadn't come across it before though and that it was new for them.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148445
    23 Jul '06 21:281 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    ah, I meant old as in the ideas/outlook was old, as in had been around for a long period of time(because the word of god isn't going to change over time is it.) . it may be that a particular indevidual hadn't come across it before though and that it was new for them.
    Well every life that runs into truth for the first time finds it is new to
    them no matter how long it was on the planet, so your point is what?
    Even 1+1=2 is new to someone first running into it.
    Kelly
  6. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Joined
    11 Sep '04
    Moves
    7707
    23 Jul '06 21:32
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Well every life that runs into truth for the first time finds it is new to
    them no matter how long it was on the planet, so your point is what?
    Even 1+1=2 is new to someone first running into it.
    Kelly
    be careful when you call 1+1=2 truth because it can also equal 10
  7. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    1795
    23 Jul '06 21:35
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    be careful when you call 1+1=2 truth because it can also equal 10
    1+1+2 {IR, base 10} that ok for you?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148445
    23 Jul '06 21:37
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    be careful when you call 1+1=2 truth because it can also equal 10
    LOL, good point. 🙂 I do believe my point was made nonetheless.
    Kelly
  9. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Joined
    11 Sep '04
    Moves
    7707
    23 Jul '06 23:02
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    1+1+2 {IR, base 10} that ok for you?
    yeah
  10. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Joined
    11 Sep '04
    Moves
    7707
    23 Jul '06 23:02
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    LOL, good point. 🙂 I do believe my point was made nonetheless.
    Kelly
    so was mine 😀
  11. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Joined
    11 Sep '04
    Moves
    7707
    23 Jul '06 23:202 edits
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    so was mine 😀
    here's another point I'd like to share :

    in the number sequence 1,2,3,,,,,,,n ,,there is no way of determining what number comes after 3.

    as in
    y=x+(X-1) (X-2)(X-3)
    lol,,, I left off the f(x) for the 4th term
  12. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    2926
    23 Jul '06 23:23
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    here's another point I'd like to share :

    in the number sequence 1,2,3,,,,,,,n ,,there is no way of determining what number comes after 3.

    as in
    y=x+(X-1) (X-2)(X-3)
    i already forgot algebra, i learned it last year. lol
  13. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    1795
    23 Jul '06 23:23
    but that aplies to any finite sequence of numbers. A mathemetition can prove that there are infact an infinite number of sequences which include any given finite number sequence, (there is probably also an infinite number of equations which give any one infinite number sequnce)
  14. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Joined
    11 Sep '04
    Moves
    7707
    23 Jul '06 23:26
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    but that aplies to any finite sequence of numbers. A mathemetition can prove that there are infact an infinite number of sequences which include any given finite number sequence, (there is probably also an infinite number of equations which give any one infinite number sequnce)
    which is precisely my point.i.e.
    That what seems true ,doesn't have to be true.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148445
    24 Jul '06 00:44
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    which is precisely my point.i.e.
    That what seems true ,doesn't have to be true.
    Does it hold than, that what seems false, does not have to be false?
    Kelly
Back to Top