1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Dec '12 11:35
    Originally posted by galveston75
    According to the Bible, not my opinion, that limit that God has put on man's life is about a hundred years. Some live a few years longer but most do not even make it to 100.
    So I see nothing in the Bible that indicates man would ever live longer on our own until Jehovah actually changes this command.
    in the u.k. in 1980 - 2,200 people reached 100
    in the u,k. in 2010 - 11,600 people reached 100

science is getting better in many ways. cure for many cancers, treatments for high blood pressure, organ transplants and so-on. science is also making waves in the isolation and shutting off of the aging gene.

taking these things in mind. what will stop us living much longer than 100?
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    21 Dec '12 11:40
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Good question. But that is a problem that no human can fix, even science.

Romans 5:12
    New King James Version (NKJV)

12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned.

So even if a person somehow did not sin it would still not help as the getting old and dy ...[text shortened]... d against God and do not want to serve him and even cause badness against others in the future.
    So you predict that according to your religion it is impossible to achieve biological immortality.
    To halt ageing and live forever (or till the end of the universe whichever comes sooner).

So this means that if we do achieve biological immortality we disprove your religion.

Would you like to continue making this prediction?
  3. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '12 14:21
    What's already possible...

http://singularity.org/regenerative-medicine/
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Dec '12 14:341 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    in the u.k. in 1980 - 2,200 people reached 100
    in the u,k. in 2010 - 11,600 people reached 100

science is getting better in many ways. cure for many cancers, treatments for high blood pressure, organ transplants and so-on. science is also making waves in the isolation and shutting off of the aging gene.

taking these things in mind. what will stop us living much longer than 100?
    All Hail the God of science, lets offer up incense to it! and bow to its potency, in Science we trust! Amen!
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '12 14:451 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    All Hail the God of science, lets offer up incense to it! and bow to its potency, in Science we trust! Amen!
    I realise you like worshipping imaginary beings, but there really is no god of science to worship.

In fact science expressly prohibits worshipping itself.

In science everything must be questioned and questionable, including itself.

Worship gets in the way of that.

Trust in science as a method for discovering the truth however is entirely justified.
    Because, as you say, it actually works. It's effective, it's potent.

Like your religion isn't.
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Dec '12 19:17
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i bet you love science when you or your family are ill.
  7. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    22 Dec '12 19:29
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    i bet you love science when you or your family are ill.
    All hail Pope Stellspalfie I,

Supreme Pontiff and keeper of the
    secrets of the science.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree