1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '14 09:231 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes because lets face it moral independence has brought us to the brink of destruction, we have reaped the rich rewards of self indulgence, greed on an unprecedented scale, depletion of the earths natural resources by the unprincipled and unscrupulous use of science and continuous warfare, thanks moral independence we couldn't have achieved it without you.
    Don't you have capital letters on your keyboards? Does every period cost you a dime as you only use it once?

Or do you have any other reason to make your posting hard to read? Perhaps like it's not worth reading?

Or perhaps I would write it like this to level your tradition:
    dontyouhavecapitallettersonyourkeyboardsdoeseveryperiodcostyouadimeasyouonlyuseitonceordoyouhaveanyotherreasontomakeyourpostinghardtoreadperhapslikeitsnotworthreading.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Mar '14 09:35
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Don't you have capital letters on your keyboards? Does every period cost you a dime as you only use it once?

Or do you have any other reason to make your posting hard to read? Perhaps like it's not worth reading?

dontyouhavecapitallettersonyourkeyboardsdoeseveryperiodcostyouadimeasyouonlyuseitonceordoyouhaveanyotherreasontomakeyourpostinghardtoreadperhapslikeitsnotworthreading.
    Why don't you call the punctuation police and get me busted! I can read it, why cant you? because there is no capital letters, wow. Its not that its not worth reading, its certainly not worth typing to a recipient whose greatest attribute is pedantry.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Mar '14 09:45
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Why do you bother talking about this stuff?
    For you its all made up, so it couldn't matter one way or another how
    anyone responds to you.
    Kelly
    You have to be kidding, right? Why would it bother me when as we speak, people are getting killed over religion all over the world and you ask me why do I bother? Don't you think that is a BIT infantile when people, Christians included, think because they see some insane biblical or koranic passage, that justifies the use of deadly force in order to take over a territory and force your religion on the indigenous population? This has been going on for thousands of years and will NEVER stop till we outgrow religion completely and realize all those biblical, Quranic, Talmudic verses were written by men with no inspiration from ANY god.

We make up our own morality based on what we assign as aspects of our humanization of gods.

It's not even original.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '14 09:45
    Why don't you call the punctuation police and get me busted! I can read it, why cant you? because there is no capital letters, wow. Its not that its not worth reading, its certainly not worth typing to a recipient whose greatest attribute is pedantry.
    It was a friendly advice. And some humour attached. 😉

Your postings are easier to read if proper punctuation are used. And capital letters where they belong.

Feel free to give me critics of my molestation of the English language. 😉
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Mar '14 09:551 edit
    It was a friendly advice. And some humour attached. 😉

Your postings are easier to read if proper punctuation are used. And capital letters where they belong.

Feel free to give me critics of my molestation of the English language. 😉
    Perhaps you might prefer my Svenska?

Vem är du?

Döden: Jag är döden

😀
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '14 10:31
    Perhaps you might prefer my Svenska?

Vem är du?

Döden: Jag är döden

😀
    Swedish is fine. Bergman knew how to express in this language.

"Kommer du för att hämta mig?"
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Mar '14 10:451 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You have to be kidding, right? Why would it bother me when as we speak, people are getting killed over religion all over the world and you ask me why do I bother? Don't you think that is a BIT infantile when people, Christians included, think because they see some insane biblical or koranic passage, that justifies the use of deadly force in order to take ov ...[text shortened]... lity based on what we assign as aspects of our humanization of gods.

It's not even original.
    People get killed over everything under the sun, they do it for greed, they
    do it for lust, they do it for power, and they do use religion as an excuse I
    agree with you! HOWEVER, it is simply an excuse! People do evil things to
    one another, the root cause with and without religion is the human heart
    is very selfish.

People have used the Beatles White album to get messages to kill, again
    it goes back to what is the root cause. Religion also has hospitals built,
    people helping one another, soup kitchens, and so on. That too is the
    human heart when they follow religion, you only focus on the bad so that
    bad is all you see, and frankly all you want to see in my opinion. So you
    come here and spout off.

The killing will never stop until we stop being so stinking selfish, and God
    is the answer to that not the cause.
    Kelly
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Mar '14 18:081 edit
    People get killed over everything under the sun, they do it for greed, they
    do it for lust, they do it for power, and they do use religion as an excuse I
    agree with you! HOWEVER, it is simply an excuse! People do evil things to
    one another, the root cause with and without religion is the human heart
    is very selfish.

People have used the Beatles White ...[text shortened]... op until we stop being so stinking selfish, and God
    is the answer to that not the cause.
    Kelly
    I agree with you on one thing, god is not the cause of religious wars, People are. People obsessing that their religion is the TRUE religion and we will kill you if you don't agree and convert to ours.

I don't deny there are soup kitchens associated with religion but like the Salvation Army, that food comes with an agenda, listen to our religious speel and you can eat. They are not doing it just out of the goodness of their heart. Otherwise they would just serve food and that would be the end of it.

Religious suppression is still with us. The new show 'Cosmos', produced by Ann Druyan, the widow of Carl Sagan who of course did the original.

She is doing it again with Neal De Grasse Tyson as the narrator, great graphics.

So when Tyson started talking about the evolution of mankind, there was a tv station in Oklahoma that just 'accidentally' went to a news report right as he mentioned the word evolution.

It was like I imagined RJ Hinds was at the controls.....

My main point in my OP is under religion, you NEVER grow except to get more obsessed with whatever religion you are in.

If we did not have the yoke of religion, we would be forced to grow up by our own petards.

Since it is the 100th anniversary of the death of Duke Ferdinand, NPR has run a show called what if there was no WW1, if the Duke had survived his assassination in June 1914, there would have been no WW1 and a LOT of things would be different now.

I think the same thing of the rise of Judaism, Christianity and Islam, the world would be somewhat more peaceful with out those three.

All three using man made gods with human attributes.

I am a Jealous god. Right.

I think I will REALLY mess up the entire human race because Eve ate that forbidden fruit.

I think I will off ALL the land animals and give the ENTIRE world a flood because those humans in that town over there PISSS ME OFF.

SURE.

I REALLY loved that joke I pulled on Abraham, telling him to off his son. HAHAHAHA, what fun that was.
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    14 Mar '14 22:3212 edits

Hmm. Interesting bug there.

[WORD TOO LONG]. Christ is, and how we
    could only hope to know a bromance as sweet as that.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Mar '14 01:56
    I agree with you on one thing, god is not the cause of religious wars, People are. People obsessing that their religion is the TRUE religion and we will kill you if you don't agree and convert to ours.

I don't deny there are soup kitchens associated with religion but like the Salvation Army, that food comes with an agenda, listen to our religious speel a ...[text shortened]... LY loved that joke I pulled on Abraham, telling him to off his son. HAHAHAHA, what fun that was.
    I get you don’t believe in God so obviously that means God cannot be the
    cause for anything! I suppose that means everything done in the name of
    God is a human issue. So for you all religion is meaningless man made
    power structures that were built and maintained to keep people in check
    and controlled. Which brings us back to our complaints about each other’s
    beliefs are meaningless to one another. We both have foundational beliefs
    that the other rejects, for you anything with God involved is either a lie, or
    some other falsehood is involved to reject any possibility that God was or is
    involved. Don’t even have to look for any possibility God was involved, just
    reject it out of hand.

I have no doubt that there are people who would kill to convert to others to
    their beliefs system. I don’t hold that view and I don’t see anyone hear
    spouting that as a foundation means to proselytize either. So that
    complaint here seems a bit misplaced to me, you paint everyone from the
    little old lady serving food at a soup kitchen with someone who would blow
    up a school bus.

You simply miss the point of faith based soup kitchens and other faith
    based ministries since those that are there are there due to their faith! If
    you can put your life on hold for others, especially others who can add
    nothing to your life, who you cannot benefit from helping in any way,
    shape, manner, or form, and in some cases even helping those who have
    harmed you then you are being selfless. Which is what God asks us to do,
    but even better than sharing food, the greatest thing I’ve ever experienced
    in my life is God, and I do tend to share Him when I believe it is proper to
    do so. So why would anyone who has made it a point to serve and honor
    God be expected to keep the joy, love, and grace God gives a secret?
    Moreover if the reason they feel the need to serve is due to God, why
    should that be kept a secret?

The goodness of man’s heart isn’t that good to cause many people to lay
    down their lives even briefly, there are exceptions, but it isn’t the rule. I do
    not have an issue with people whose agenda is to help others because they
    were helped, and if they want to share why, so be it if it is for religion, or
    some other cause! You bad mouthing that activity seems very malicious to
    me, but I’m sure you feel justified in smearing that kind of activity, feeding
    the poor is such a disgusting activity. So with you, if you feed the hungry
    or kill the unbelievers it is all bad just because religion could be involved. I
    guess there is no winning with you when it comes to those that believe in
    God, they cannot do anything right or good, you will find some way to paint
    them in a very bad light.

If you are of that type of mindset, what could possibly be said to you? I
    don’t think anything anyone here is ever going to get past your prejudice.
    Kelly
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Mar '14 15:38
    I get you don’t believe in God so obviously that means God cannot be the
    cause for anything! I suppose that means everything done in the name of
    God is a human issue. So for you all religion is meaningless man made
    power structures that were built and maintained to keep people in check
    and controlled. Which brings us back to our complaints about each ot ...[text shortened]... aid to you? I
    don’t think anything anyone here is ever going to get past your prejudice.
    Kelly
    I NEVER said soup kitchens were evil or some such. I just said the price for the feed comes with a religious agenda. Perhaps not all soup kitchens, but the Salvation Army sure does. They are also hypocrites but that's another story.

A gay dude came in for help and was willing to listen to their speel to get food but they found out he was gay and out the door, faggot.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 10:00
    I NEVER said soup kitchens were evil or some such. I just said the price for the feed comes with a religious agenda. Perhaps not all soup kitchens, but the Salvation Army sure does. They are also hypocrites but that's another story.

A gay dude came in for help and was willing to listen to their speel to get food but they found out he was gay and out the door, faggot.
    For you people of faith can have no valid reasons to do anything without
    motives being less than pure.

Every person walking the planet is a hypocrite in my opinion since we have
    all fallen short, it wouldn't be difficult to find flaws in any of us. Christians
    just have to acknowledge their faults, ask for forgiveness, and strive to
    avoid them. So not only should you see their faults clearly they should be
    pointing them out as they strive to do better. All the while acknowledging
    that it is Jesus Christ who cleans us of our sins, not our own efforts.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree