1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 10:29
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Semantics. Ok I get it. You don't really want to talk to me so you just equivicate and obfuscate and such. Ok so beit.
    What are you talking about.."semantics". Can't you tell the difference between inspiration from and actual deity and inspiration from the belief that such a deity exists?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 11:18
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    What are you talking about.."semantics". Can't you tell the difference between inspiration from and actual deity and inspiration from the belief that such a deity exists?
    Jebesus, that is my whole point, religious writers get inspiration from themselves and previous religious writings not from some deity.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 14:181 edit
    Jebesus, that is my whole point, religious writers get inspiration from themselves and previous religious writings not from some deity.
    My point is not your point. My point is you being obtuse about what FMF replied to you. You said to him: "Are you assuming that inspiration to be from a deity?", when clearly he was referring to the fact that millions of people get inspiration from their belief in a deity.

You're just pissed off because some people don't hate religion quite as much as you do. Many people draw strength, courage, inspiration and act in good faith because of their religion.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 14:32
    I agree with you.

Some people get inspired by Harry Potter. Does this mean that they use Harry Potter as their christ like in a religion? No, of course not.

Reading the bible as a source of cherry picking, neglecting all paradoxes therein, may seems inspiring to some, but not to those daring to think with their own logic and common sense, and not with mortal fear of hell.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 19:22
    My point is not your point. My point is you being obtuse about what FMF replied to you. You said to him: "Are you assuming that inspiration to be from a deity?", when clearly he was referring to the fact that millions of people get inspiration from their belief in a deity.

You're just pissed off because some people don't hate religion quite a ...[text shortened]... Many people draw strength, courage, inspiration and act in good faith because of their religion.
    In other words they have an obsessive need for a crutch since they live in fear.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 08:23
    In other words they have an obsessive need for a crutch since they live in fear.
    Well those are other words, but they aren't mine.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 11:04
    Well those are other words, but they aren't mine.
    Of course, since you have been programmed to fear going to hell and you think your only hope is to trust in JC and the boys to get you your SO deserved immortality.
    Too bad it's just a wet dream.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 12:15
    You know how?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 12:50
    Of course, since you have been programmed to fear going to hell and you think your only hope is to trust in JC and the boys to get you your SO deserved immortality.
    Too bad you have no idea what I believe and are having to make something up, despite me posting about it in here for years and despite it being in my profile.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 18:46
    Too bad you have no idea what I believe and are having to make something up, despite me posting about it in here for years and despite it being in my profile.
    I looked at your profile and I couldn't agree more. Sorry I put you in the programmed catagory. It's the biggest scam in human history and has worked amazingly, sadly, well.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 18:46
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    You know how?
    YOU know how? All you have are human writings. That should give you a big hint.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 11:02
    You miss the entire point of Christianity.

Before I found Christ, my life was not worth living, and I found it difficult to make it through from day to day, because of what I had been through. Today, I am truly reborn, and I know what it means to live the "more abundant" life in Jesus Christ. He's already brought me back from the brink of hell in a very real and utterly convincing way.

The point of Christianity is not to escape the fear of death in some far-off future. It is to live life to the full in the here and now.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 12:40
    Originally posted by @suzianne

Before I found Christ, my life was not worth living, and I found it difficult to make it through from day to day, because of what I had been through. Today, I am truly reborn, and I know what it means to live the "more abundant" life in Jesus Christ. He's already brought me back from the brink of hell in a ve ...[text shortened]... e the fear of death in some far-off future. It is to live life to the full in the here and now.
    This is a good post to read.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 14:25
    Originally posted by @suzianne

Before I found Christ, my life was not worth living, and I found it difficult to make it through from day to day, because of what I had been through. Today, I am truly reborn, and I know what it means to live the "more abundant" life in Jesus Christ. He's already brought me back from the brink of hell in a ve ...[text shortened]... e the fear of death in some far-off future. It is to live life to the full in the here and now.
    You are really special and I admire your change of heart no matter how it happened.
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 14:51

You're just pissed off because some people don't hate religion quite a ...[text shortened]... Many people draw strength, courage, inspiration and act in good faith because of their religion.
    Actually the problem between Sonhouse and FMF stems from FMF misconstruing and distorting Sonhouse's position.

Here's the key sentence from the OP:
    "Claiming all that stuff comes from God, a god, the god, whatever, denigrates the creativity of mankind. "

Clearly Sonhouse's position is that God Himself is not the source.

Here's the key sentence from FMF's first response to the OP:
    "Some of the greatest cultural achievements of humanity have been inspired by or created within the social and psychological context of religions."

FMF is speaking of religion being an inspiration which is not at all the same thing as what Sonhouse was saying. Once again, Sonhouse was saying that God Himself is not the source.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree