1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 09:021 edit
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    There is a decent modern version of the Vedic teachings and it has been available for over fifty years, the ( Srimad Bhagavatam ) by His Divine Grace AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada..... and the ( Bhagavad Gita As It Is) by His Divine Grace AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada....and many many more.

Karoly.... the "truth vitamins" are an analogy to emph ...[text shortened]... en they are being dishonest with themselves and everyone else who they present their error to.
    I understand the analogy but I still insist that an adept , must have direct experience with the Godhead to understand vedanta.

True spiritual teachings talk to you on more than one level.

Now that I have been told why I have a dry taste in My mouth, I think I will opt out of this thread. Too many fundies 😛
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 09:352 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    While not doubting your sincerity, vishvahetu, once again I have to point out to you that you are misusing the word "dishonesty". As long as the "reasons [something] should not be done" you offer fall outside other people's belief systems, they are not - for all intents and purposes - "reasons" at all. They are simply details from your religionist code. As such ...[text shortened]... ding to disagree with you. Do you? No. You are using the word "dishonesty" incorrectly.
    You still refuse to understand......because you are not a truthful person.

The truth that animal slaughter is wrong even though it is presented in the Vedas, is a universal truth for all people for all times, even FMF.

If FMF eats meat he is sinful and is performing a wrong activity.

You cannot squirm your way out of it by being dishonest.

You have been trying to turn a wrong into a right for the last 20 posts.......but you cannot do it.

Vedanta teaches universal truths for all of mankind, and if FMF says that he does not accept this, it makes no difference because FMF comes under the heading of ALL Mankind.....and therefore FMF is sinful and wrong for for causing suffering to animals, and FMF is dishonest for denying that cruelty to animals is wrong.

The wrongness of animal slaughter is a universal truth and not solely a Vedic truth.

Vedanta teaches many universal truths.....because Vedanta is the authority whether you agree or not.

Universal truths are not about belief systems...there universal truths.

Universal truths cannot be changed........they are eternal truths and if FMF doesn't like that.......then tough luck for FMF

Your disagreement does not change the fact that you are engaged in sinful activity and are also.... dishonest in denying it.

Now you know....so stop being sinful and stop being dishonest.

And your meat eating is wrong and you are dishonest for defending it.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 10:09
    The truth that animal slaughter is wrong even though it is presented in the Vedas, is a universal truth for all people for all times, even FMF.
    I have no doubt whatsoever that you sincerely believe your own assertions, however I do not subscribe to your Vedic belief system nor do I subscribe to your undoubtedly sincere belief that your belief system is also my belief system whether I believe it or not.

According to my belief system, about which I clearly have no reason to speak dishonestly, I have no spiritual problem with eating meat although you have made it quite clear that you do indeed have a problem with it and also that your lifestyle choices are fundamentally affected by it.

However, your belief system despite your entreaties has no impact on my lifestyle choices, regardless of how strongly you feel and how sincere you are. My lifestyle choices are rooted in my own belief system along with my willingness and perhaps sometimes somewhat imperfect endeavour to obey the law of the land wherever I happen to be living.

Vedanta teaches many universal truths.....because Vedanta is the authority whether you agree or not.

Unlike you, I am not a religionist. I am a theist but not a religionist. For this reason I do not seek to claim spiritual jurisdiction over you or anyone else, as you do. I do not seek to abuse or insult you for not agreeing with me, as you do. You, unlike me, are a religionist who seeks to tell others that yours is the only "true religion".

All you have done, vishvahetu, is subscribe to a codification of a certain brand of conjecture about the supernatural and then pronounced something along the lines of 'We have been issued with instructions for everybody, and what they are are what I say they are and they apply to everyone'.

This is of no relevance or credibility to me, regardless of the sheer exit velocity of your earnestness.
  4. Lowlands paradise
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 10:111 edit
    You still refuse to understand......because you are not a truthful person.

If FMF eats meat he is sinful and is performing a wrong activity.

You cannot squirm your way out of it by being dishonest.

You stop being dishonest.

And your meat eating is wrong and you are dishonest for defending it.
    "The truth that animal slaughter is wrong [...] is a universal truth for all people for all times"

Big words and contradictory* to one of your earlier posts. You already admitted (with the Veda's in your hand) that under certain circumstances slaughter is not wrong.
    It is obligatory to call something a universal truth, it is a 'bit' harder to prove it and two bits harder to make it acceptable for everyone.

* 1 edit: corrected 'not contradictory 'in 'contradictory'
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 10:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have no doubt whatsoever that you sincerely believe your own assertions, however I do not subscribe to your Vedic belief system nor do I subscribe to your undoubtedly sincere belief that your belief system is also my belief system whether I believe it or not.

According to my belief system, about which I clearly have no reason to speak dishonestly, I have n ...[text shortened]... o relevance or credibility to me, regardless of the sheer exit velocity of your earnestness.
    Of course that's you answer, because you speak nonsense and stand for nothing..........this is always the way of the atheist, they take no responsibility for their sinful actions and cause cruelty to defenceless animals,

And the most disgusting thing is.......that you are puffed up with false pride, because you can choose to live like an animal.

Yes follow the law of the land just like the animal you are....live by no code or honour, and die in ignorance like the stool eating pig.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 10:42
    Of course that's you answer, because you speak nonsense and stand for nothing..........this is always the way of the atheist, they take no responsibility for their sinful actions and cause cruelty to defenceless animals...
    But vishvahetu, I am not an atheist. Surely you realized that?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 10:461 edit
    And the most disgusting thing is.......that you are puffed up with false pride, because you can choose to live like an animal.
    You may sincerely believe that I "choose to live like an animal" but I can tell you in all honesty that I don't. I don't choose to live like an animal. And I do not live like an animal. You seem to be growing angry and yet I have been consciously keeping a respectful tone with you. And my respectful tone has been in spite of your personally abusive remarks.
  8. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 10:471 edit
    Of course that's you answer, because you speak nonsense and stand for nothing..........this is always the way of the atheist, they take no responsibility for their sinful actions and cause cruelty to defenceless animals,

Yes ...[text shortened]... he animal you are....live by no code or honour, and die in ignorance like the stool eating pig.
    You damage what you preach. You are no true follower of the Gita or any other holy book.

You are a fraud and a clown.

I would be ashamed to share the same beliefs as you to see the way you carry on here.

You will never get anyone to ever listen to you long enough to appreciate whatever your religion has to offer by behaving the way you do.

(Almost) ever single post you make is an insult to the vedas you farken fake.

Do what you said you were going to do months ago and fark off.

Or is that another lie......

Oh, and no l am not dishonest - this comes straight from the heart.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 10:491 edit
    Yes follow the law of the land just like the animal you are....live by no code or honour, and die in ignorance like the stool eating pig.
    I am not sure why you are posting stuff like this, vishvahetu. Which of my posts has been equivalent to this one of yours in terms of its sheer intensity of raw and deeply personal abuse? We simply disagree on spiritual matters, vishvahetu. I have accepted that you're posting in good faith, even as others accuse you of being a fake. What's with these profoundly personal insults?
  10. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 11:021 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am not sure why you are posting stuff like this, vishvahetu. Which of my posts has been equivalent to this one of yours in terms of its sheer intensity of raw and deeply personal abuse? We simply disagree on spiritual matters, vishvahetu. I have accepted that you're posting in good faith, even as others accuse you of being a fake. What's with these profoundly personal insults?
    If you are referring to me - l am not accusing.

Only stating continual behaviour contrary to the very fundamental principles of the Veda.

He cannot engage you because he is a fraud.

He cannot engage you because he is so sick and twisted that he cannot let any semblance of reality or chance / possibility of a different understanding to allow a dispe ofl his own rabid dementia.

Makes me sick.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 11:10
    Originally posted by nook7
    If you are referring to me - l am not accusing.
    No, not at all. I was referring to his "...you are puffed up with false pride, because you can choose to live like an animal. Yes follow the law of the land just like the animal you are....live by no code or honour, and die in ignorance like the stool eating pig..." which is abuse that I have apparently brought upon myself because I disagree with him when he asserts that his belief system is also mine.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 11:11
    Of course that's you answer, because you speak nonsense and stand for nothing..........this is always the way of the atheist, they take no responsibility for their sinful actions and cause cruelty to defenceless animals...
    I am not an atheist, vishvahetu. Why do you say that I am?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 11:14
    [vishvahetu] cannot engage you because he is a fraud. He cannot engage you because he is so sick and twisted that he cannot let any semblance of reality or chance / possibility of a different understanding to allow a dispe ofl his own rabid dementia.
    You may well be right. And many people on this forum will most likely agree with you. My point is that I have held back from insulting him (or speaking some hometruths, if you prefer) and yet I am on the receiving end of some very raw and hateful invective.
  14. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 11:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    You may well be right. And many people on this forum will most likely agree with you. My point is that I have held back from insulting him (or speaking some hometruths, if you prefer) and yet I am on the receiving end of some very raw and hateful invective.
    FMF, l have read many posts you have made on different forums and you in no way shape or form deserve what this first class idiot has said to you.

the more l think about him the more l think what a deluded individual he is.

i know it is wrong to insult others but cannot watch as he rants like tyrannical fool.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 11:34
    i know it is wrong to insult others but cannot watch as he rants like tyrannical fool.
    Although I am not an animal living by no code or honour and all set to die in ignorance like the stool eating pig, I might have led one or two people at RHP to believe that I was insulting them in the past, such is life nook7, however I have never gone anywhere near saying '...you are just like an animal living by no code or honour, and die in ignorance like the stool eating pig...'

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree