REPENT

REPENT

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
22 May 05

Originally posted by Nemesio
I think you are mistaken, Coletti.

What St Matthew 25 makes explicitly clear is that a good Christian will see the face
of Christ in the least of his/her metaphorical brethren. Jesus is never physically attended
to (as both the sheep and goats protest having never seen Him); it is by attending to
the needs of the poor that one attends to the metaphor ...[text shortened]... lest they be categorized as a goat.

Working doesn't save, but not working damns.

Nemesio
I have and do agree with all you conclusions except that your saying I was mistaken. (If I was mistaken, it makes no sense to agree with the other conclusions.)

I never said they attended to Christ physically, but that they were "given credit" for doing so when they attended to the needs of "the least of these." By credit, I mean the reward for - as if they actually did attend to Christ. I think that is what Christ was saying. Not that they were literally attending to Christ.

I agree we have a duty to not only to love our neighbors - but our enemies as well. And "neighbor" is not limited to the person next door to us.

Working does not save as Paul so clearly tells us. Not working shows one is not saved - for works without faith is dead as James so clearly says.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
22 May 05

Originally posted by Coletti
I have and do agree with all you conclusions except that your saying I was mistaken. (If I was mistaken, it makes no sense to agree with the other conclusions.)

I never said they attended to Christ physically, but that they were "given credit" for doing so when they attended to the needs of "the least of these." By credit, I mean the reward for - a ...[text shortened]... working shows one is not saved - for works without faith is dead as James so clearly says.

Thanks for answering my post. My criticism of your extremely selective reading of Matthew 25 and James 2 stands. They are explicit and direct and your belief system utterly fails to take them into account in any reasoned manner. Revelatory facts aren't all that important if they clash with your preconceived ideas are they, Coletti?

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
22 May 05

Originally posted by Nemesio
I think you are mistaken, Coletti.

What St Matthew 25 makes explicitly clear is that a good Christian will see the face
of Christ in the least of his/her metaphorical brethren. Jesus is never physically attended
to (as both the sheep and goats protest having never seen Him); it is by attending to
the needs of the poor that one attends to the metaphor ...[text shortened]... lest they be categorized as a goat.

Working doesn't save, but not working damns.

Nemesio
seems like you have a sheep's eye view of the Kingdom.

x

NY

Moves
24 May 05

Originally posted by RBHILL
Matthew 3:2 "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."
NEVER! I REGRET NOTHING!... exept maby .. er.. NO! I REGRET NOTHING!

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
26 May 05

As long as you keep ignoring the rest of scripture, you will never understand the parts you do read. There's more to the Bible then Mat 25. You will be judged by how your act towards your fellow man. But notice how black and white the situation is. The sheep are credited, not just with feeding the poor, but with feeding Christ himself. And the goats ar ...[text shortened]... one is either a goat or a sheep, and nothing in-between. Is that justice? Can you explain that?
Just for the Record while you were sleeping I dragged out this set of anti-Christ garbage

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
26 May 05

I never said they attended to Christ physically, but that they were "given credit" for doing so when they attended to the needs of "the least of these." By credit, I mean the reward for - a ...[text shortened]... working shows one is not saved - for works without faith is dead as James so clearly says.

AND THIS

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
26 May 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
Just for the Record while you were sleeping I dragged out this set of anti-Christ garbage
Isn't "While you where sleeping" a Tom Hanks Movie?

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
26 May 05

Originally posted by RBHILL
Isn't "While you where sleeping" a Tom Hanks Movie?
Probably so.