1. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 09:09
    Isn't God still pissed off and punishing us over what some humans did 6000/millions/billions/a lot of years ago?

Seems retrospective trolling on an epic scale to me.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 09:264 edits
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Isn't God still pissed off and punishing us over what some humans did 6000/millions/billions/a lot of years ago?

Seems retrospective trolling on an epic scale to me.
    and yet here is what the Bible actually says,

“And they will no longer teach each one his neighbor and each one his brother, saying,
    ‘Know Jehovah!’ for they will all know me, from the least to the greatest of them,” declares
    Jehovah. “For I will forgive their error, and I will no longer remember their sin.” - Jer
    13: 34

It seems that God is willing to not only to forgive but also to forget, further evidence that
    the practice of retrospectively dragging elements up from the past with the sole purpose
    of discrediting or embarrassing others is anti-Biblical in direct contrast to divegeesters
    assertion that it is in harmony with Christian standards. Oh dear.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 09:28
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    another rather transparent and plastic ad homimen, i have not asked you for logical fallacies there were two questions cited none of which you have actually managed to address and in typical fashion you think it pertinent to ignore those questions and launch into a personal tirade against the proposer, its intellectually dishonest and a reflection of someone that is evidently incapable of rational thought so either answer the questions or refrain from insulting our intelligence with your slobbery propaganda, i have told you a million times, your opinions of me and why i raise issues issues are meaningless drool and if you don't know what a logical fallacy is then i suggest you look it up because that is all your irrelevant text amounts to.

transparent CHECK

plastic ad homimen CHECK

logical fallacies CHECK

ignore those questions CHECK

a personal tirade CHECK

intellectually dishonest CHECK

incapable of rational thought CHECK

insulting our intelligence CHECK

slobbery propaganda CHECK

meaningless drool CHECK

your irrelevant text CHECK

This is declared to be an archetypal robbie post.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 09:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]another rather transparent and plastic ad homimen, i have not asked you for logical fallacies there were two questions cited none of which you have actually managed to address and in typical fashion you think it pertinent to ignore those questions and launch into a personal tirade against the proposer, its intellectually dishonest and a reflection of someone ...[text shortened]... s drool CHECK

your irrelevant text CHECK

This is declared to be an archetypal robbie post.
    I am gonna be honest i never read beyond the first line, i am simply not interested in anything which fails to address the content, sorry.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 09:38
    It appears to me that to constantly harp on about what someone said in the past so as to confront, embarrass and/or discredit them is immoral because it refuses to take into consideration that the persons perspective may have changed and that they no longer hold the views that they did at the time.
    Let me give you a helpful tip. If you change your view point on something, or said something monumentally stupid, then simply admit it and move on. Nobody will mention it again. If however you are incapable of admitting your mistakes, then people will bring them up over and over just for the fun of watching you squiggle and squirm as you try to avoid admitting you were wrong and try to defend a view point you don't actually hold or even worse, try to defend two incompatible view points.

I have always wondered why some people seem incapable of admitting when they are wrong. It doesn't get them out of embarrassing situations, it doesn't make them look better or infallible, it just makes them look crazy. Seriously, why spend hours defending a stupid statement that you know is wrong, everybody knows is wrong and everybody knows you know is wrong, rather than simply admit that it is wrong?
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 09:432 edits
    another rather transparent and plastic ad homimen, i have not asked you for logical fallacies there were two questions cited none of which you have actually managed to address and in typical fashion you think it pertinent to ignore those questions and launch into a personal tirade against the proposer, its intellectually dishonest and a reflection of ...[text shortened]... al fallacy is then i suggest you look it up because that is all your irrelevant text amounts to.
    You asked for my 'insight' with regard to retrospective trolling as I am a 'noteworthy' user of the device, it's not my fault you don't like my answer. As I see it, the reason you don't like my answer is because everything I posted was correct and true, and you know it. 🙂

The bottom line is this Robert, no one here is going to take advice on perceived 'forum etiquette' from you. Seriously, what planet are you on?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 10:22
    I am gonna be honest i never read beyond the first line...
    Good for you. Because the first eight lines were yours.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 10:24
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Seriously, what planet are you on?
    Strictly speaking he is on a moon: it's called Unpleasant and it orbits a planet called Daft.
  9. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 10:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    Strictly speaking he is on a moon: it's called Unpleasant and it orbits a planet called Daft.
    (*Which coincidentally is Hinds home planet).
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 10:56
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    (*Which coincidentally is Hinds home planet).
    I think Hinds home planet is 'mental illness', he seems to have taken a turn for the worse of late. He's currently posting YouTube videos in the Debates forum which claim Michelle Obama is transgender amongst others.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 12:19
    Just answer the question if you are able you have stated that dragging elements up from the past so as to confront, embarrass and discredit others is in harmony with known Christian principles. yet so far you have not produced a shred of evidence. Are we expected to believe you simply because you say so?
    I've already answered it you weasle's bell-end.
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 14:19
    and yet here is what the Bible actually says,

“And they will no longer teach each one his neighbor and each one his brother, saying,
    ‘Know Jehovah!’ for they will all know me, from the least to the greatest of them,” declares
    Jehovah. “[b]For I will forgive their error, and I will no longer remember their sin.
    ” - Jer
    13: 34

It seem ...[text shortened]... t contrast to divegeesters
    assertion that it is in harmony with Christian standards. Oh dear.[/b]
    So he's restored that paradise where Adam and Eve were kicked out off and we can all get back in?

Awesomsauce! Let's go!
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 15:16
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    You asked for my 'insight' with regard to retrospective trolling as I am a 'noteworthy' user of the device, it's not my fault you don't like my answer. As I see it, the reason you don't like my answer is because everything I posted was correct and true, and you know it. 🙂

The bottom line is this Robert, no one here is going to take advice on perceived 'forum etiquette' from you. Seriously, what planet are you on?
    Try as i might to wade through your text i cannot find a single reference to the questions that I asked in my OP, it seems to all intents and purposes that you were and possibly are incapable of objective reasoning and instead felt the necessity to launch into a childish tirade aimed against my personal majesty and dignity, fine, if its the best you can do then its the best you can do, i will not make the mistake of asking you again for clearly its an exercise in futility.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 15:261 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I've already answered it you weasle's bell-end.
    hehe thats funny, here is what you have actually said.

Q. Do you think it consummate with your understanding of Christian principles to retrospectively drag elements up from the past so as to confront, embarrass and discredit other people

A. Yes it is - divesggeester

We note with some consternation your unwillingness or inability to tell us why you think its in harmony with Christian principles to drag elements up from the past so as to confront, embarrass and discredit other people. In view if the scriptures which follow are you still willing to contend that its in harmony with Christian principles to drag elements up from the past so as to confront, embarrass and discredit other people.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It does not dishonour others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 1 Corinthians 13:5 - NIV
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 15:27
    Try as i might to wade through your text i cannot find a single reference to the questions that I asked in my OP, it seems to all intents and purposes that you were and possibly are incapable of objective reasoning and instead felt the necessity to launch into a childish tirade aimed against my personal majesty and dignity, fine, if its the best you ...[text shortened]... can do, i will not make the mistake of asking you again for clearly its an exercise in futility.
    You asked for my insight with regard to 'retrospective trolling'. You are the only person on this website in my 8 years of being here who has ever mentioned this. I explained my insight as to why I think this is the case. Feel free to ignore what I have written, but if you take stock for a second and digest what I and other posters have said so far it might actually do you some good.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree