1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 15:30
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Try as i might to wade through your text i cannot find a single reference to the questions that I asked in my OP, it seems to all intents and purposes that you were and possibly are incapable of objective reasoning and instead felt the necessity to launch into a childish tirade aimed against my personal majesty and dignity, fine, if its the best you ...[text shortened]... can do, i will not make the mistake of asking you again for clearly its an exercise in futility.
    Can you cite a few examples where you have been 'retro-trolled' by someone but subsequently have changed your mind on that particular point?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 15:38
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Can you cite a few examples where you have been 'retro-trolled' by someone but subsequently have changed your mind on that particular point?
    Sorry dude but I am only interested in the morality of it, whether people think it morally reprehensible or morally justified and or in line with Christian thinking. As to your question, in my own case i would not term anyone a faggot after being retro-trolled on the matter, this I regret saying and there are no doubt not a few other instances.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 15:50
    hehe thats funny, here is what you have actually said.

Q. Do you think it consummate with your understanding of Christian principles to retrospectively drag elements up from the past so as to confront, embarrass and discredit other people

A. Yes it is - divesggeester

We note with some consternation your unwillingness or inability to tell us ...[text shortened]... seeking, it is not easily angered, [b]it keeps no record of wrongs.
    1 Corinthians 13:5 - NIV[/b]
    "He was a murderer from the beginning."

John 8:44
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 15:53
    Originally posted by divegeester
    "He was a murderer from the beginning."

John 8:44
    Fine if you think that Christ alluding to Satan being a man slayer from the beginning negates the Christian admonishment not to keep account of the injury then what can I say but . . . .ARE YOU SERIOUS?
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 15:54
    Sorry dude but I am only interested in the morality of it, whether people think it morally reprehensible or morally justified and or in line with Christian thinking. As to your question, in my own case i would not term anyone a faggot after being retro-trolled on the matter, this I regret saying and there are no doubt not a few other instances.
    What about 'goading, ridiculing, taunting and calling people names' on the Internet ? Is that morally reprehensible or morally justified and in line with Christian thinking?

As for the 'faggot' incident, that deserved to be retrospectively brought up as it was way below the belt.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 15:59
    What about 'goading, ridiculing, taunting and calling people names' on the Internet ? Is that morally reprehensible or morally justified and in line with Christian thinking?

As for the 'faggot' incident, that deserved to be retrospectively brought up as it was way below the belt.
    What about it? If you think goading, ridiculing, calling people names is morally reprehensible then state your reasons why, I am only attempting to explore retro-trolling.

Yes but i did apologise and remove the offensive post and have simply utilised it here as an example of someone who has changed their stance as you asked.
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 16:051 edit
    What about it? If you think goading, ridiculing, calling people names is morally reprehensible then state your reasons why, I am only attempting to explore retro-trolling.

Yes but i did apologise and remove the offensive post and have simply utilised it here as an example of someone who has changed their stance as you asked.
    What do you mean, 'what about it'? It's a question for you, for you to answer.

If you believe 'retro-trolling' is morally reprehensible where does 'goading, name calling, ridiculing and taunting' people on the Internet fit into your scheme of things?
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 16:071 edit

As for the 'faggot' incident. It's not really an example of you 'changing your stance', you just lashed out at someone and then deleted the post a few minutes later. Besides, you still call people 'gaybo' and just recently you were calling people 'Jenner', which I can only presume is a disparaging remark in relation to transgender people.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 16:31
    What do you mean, 'what about it'? It's a question for you, for you to answer.

If you believe 'retro-trolling' is morally reprehensible where does 'goading, name calling, ridiculing and taunting' people on the Internet fit into your scheme of things?
    goading and ridiculing are merely pleasant pastimes.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 16:32
    As for the 'faggot' incident. It's not really an example of you 'changing your stance', you just lashed out at someone and then deleted the post a few minutes later. Besides, you still call people 'gaybo' and just recently you were calling people 'Jenner', which I can only presume is a disparaging remark in relation to transgender people.
    Dude you seem intent on making this personal, please try to refrain and spend your energy on objective reasoning.
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 17:09
    goading and ridiculing are merely pleasant pastimes.
    So is 'retrospective trolling'.
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 17:11
    Dude you seem intent on making this personal, please try to refrain and spend your energy on objective reasoning.
    Not really. I asked if you could name an incident where you were retrospectively trolled but have since changed your stance. You named one and I have demonstrated how this is not the case. Do you have any others?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 17:15
    So is 'retrospective trolling'.
    no it cannot be for the reasons I have outlined
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 17:16
    Not really. I asked if you could name an incident where you were retrospectively trolled but have since changed your stance. You named one and I have demonstrated how this is not the case. Do you have any others?
    none that i can think of but the question itself is fallacious because no one has claimed or is claiming that retrospectively trolling helps people change their stance.
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 17:19
    none that i can think of but the question itself is fallacious because no one has claimed or is claiming that retrospectively trolling helps people change their stance.
    I'm not claiming retrospective trolling helps people change their stance. You're making it up.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree