Moves
    09 Jan '18 12:411 edit
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Actually here is how it goes:

You question
    I answer
    You dont like what Jesus said so you fabricate something not in the bible
    Then I call you a moron for doing that.
    Give me one example of something Jesus said that I don’t like and give me me one example of something I fabricated that’s not in the Bible. If you can’t, this is just another of your ad hominems.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Jan '18 14:02
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Give me one example of something Jesus said that I don’t like and give me me one example of something I fabricated that’s not in the Bible. If you can’t, this is just another of your ad hominems.
    In the teachings of Jesus Christ, Sermon on the Mount, Parable of the Good Samaritan, Story of the Rich man and Lazarus, and in Matt 25 [just to name a few] , Jesus detailed by what criteria will someone enter the Kingdom of God, and its all good works and righteousness living. You dont seem to agree with that.

You are fond of the expression 'doing good works on their own strength', and suggesting that it is not a good thing. The Bible has no such expression, directly or implied.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Jan '18 15:411 edit
    In the teachings of Jesus Christ, Sermon on the Mount, Parable of the Good Samaritan, Story of the Rich man and Lazarus, and in Matt 25 [just to name a few] , Jesus detailed by what criteria will someone enter the Kingdom of God, and its all good works and righteousness living. You dont seem to agree with that.

You are fond of the expression 'doing good ...[text shortened]... d suggesting that it is not a good thing. The Bible has no such expression, directly or implied.
    I am all for good works and righteous living. But what were the very first words of Jesus ministry? ‘Repent and believe in the gospel.’ Good works follow this else you are putting the cart before the horse. Do you believe everyone naturally has the capacity to do good works and live righteously without a change of heart?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Jan '18 17:031 edit
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    I am all for good works and righteous living. But what were the very first words of Jesus ministry? ‘Repent and believe in the gospel.’ Good works follow this else you are putting the cart before the horse. Do you believe everyone naturally has the capacity to do good works and live righteously without a change of heart?
    I am all for good works and righteous living.
    Never heard you promote good works and righteousness, rather you focus on one proclaiming with their mouth that one believes in Christ

But what were the very first words of Jesus ministry?
    His first teachings were the Sermon on the Mount
    Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
    Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
    Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
    Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
    (Matthew 5:3-9 KJV)

‘Repent and believe in the gospel.’
    Of course, REPENT [stop sinning and live righteously]
    THE GOSPEL are the teachings and commandments of Christ. What do you think the gospel is?

Good works follow this else you are putting the cart before the horse.
    Definitely good works and righteousness will follow once a person repents, and decides to practice the commandments of Christ

Do you believe everyone naturally has the capacity to do good works and live righteously without a change of heart?
    A change of heart is only necessary when your heart is bad. And Yes. The Bible says that very clearly That [Christ] was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. (John 1:9 KJV). Christ has already done that part of his work and light every person.
    You do not understand the Bible. Everyone has the ability to distinguish right from wrong.
    Everyone has a conscience. Jesus died for all people, and all people can do what is right, if only they would listen to what Jesus preached.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jan '18 12:15
    Further proofs Christians are regenerated in the church age:

8.) Paul says the believers in the past, were alienated from the life of God. So now in this age, the born again have received "the life of God"
    " ... no longer walk as the Gentiles also walk in the vanity of their mind, being darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God ..." (Eph. 4:18a)

9.) Since Christ as the life of God has been imparted into them, they can learn to WALK by the Spirit - in THIS age.

"But I saw, Walk by the Spirit and you shall by no means fulfill the lust of the flesh." (Gal. 5:16)

10.) They are regenerated because they are able to walk by the same Christ as they have received, and that before the millennium.
    "As therefore you have RECEIVED the Christ, Jesus the Lord, WALK in Him." (Col. 2:6)

11.) In the church age as many Christian are led by the Holy Spirit are maturing into sons of God.
    "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God." (Rom. 8:14)

Notice that it is not the future tense as Rajk999 teaches - ie. "As many as WILL BE led by the Spirit". In the church age it is expected that they would be led by the Spirit.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jan '18 12:18
    Originally posted by @sonship
    ..Notice that it is not the future tense as Rajk999 teaches - ie. "As many as WILL BE led by the Spirit". In the church age it is expected that they would be led by the Spirit.
    Not Rajk says that. Jesus said it:

And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (Matthew 19:28 KJV)

Take your mumbo jumbo nonsensical doctrine and go home pal.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jan '18 12:22
    Further proofs Christians are regenerated in the church age:

12.) The Spirit of Christ in the church age bears witness with the spirit of t he receivers of Jesus, that they are God's children with the Father's divine life.

"The Spirit Himself witnesses with our spirit that we are children of God." (Rom. 16)

Rajk999's heresy teaches that this experience cannot occur until the second coming of Christ. What blindness!

13.) Since in the church age the believers are children of the eternal Father, in the church age they call out "Abba, Father" - an intimate term like Papa or Daddy.

" For you have not received a spirit of slavery bringing you into fear again, but you have received a spirit of sonship in which we cry Abba Father!"

Rajk999 would oppose this as mouth worship and that Christians cannot be born of the heavenly Father with His Spirit until the millennium.

That's wrong.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jan '18 12:25
    More proof regeneration takes place in people before the millennium:

14.) The Spirit of divine life has past tense freed Paul. He did not wait to postpone being freed until the millennium (though a physical freedom will occur then).

"For the law of the Spirit of life has freed me in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and of death." (Rom. 8:2)

The heretic says "No, wait until the millennium to follow Paul in this liberation."
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jan '18 12:393 edits
    I have given so far 15 reasons to understand the New Testament to mean regeneration in the believer occurs in the church age.

Has Rajk999 offered one counter to any of these?

15.) Peter tells the believers that the milk of the word of God will cause the new life within them to GROW. And this they should long for NOW as "NEW BORN BABES" in the church age, drinking the nourishing milk of the word.

"As newborn babes, long for the guileless milk of the word in order that by it you may grow into salvation." (1 Peter 2:2)

We should not postpone to be spiritually nourished for growth, until the millennium time. Christians better tend to this now.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jan '18 12:551 edit
    Further proof that the new life has been received by Christians IN the church age.

16.) The true wheat is growing and the false wheat (the tares) are also growing before the second coming of Christ.

See the parable of the wheat and tares Matthew 13:24-30.

"And the slaves of the master of the house came and said to him, Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? Where then did the tares come from?

And he said to them, An enemy has done this. And the slaves said to him, Do you want us then to go and collect them? But he said, No, lest while collecting the tares, you uproot the wheat along with them.

Let both grow together unti the harvest, and at the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, Collect first the tares and bind them into bundles to burn them up, but the wheat gather into my barn." (Matt. 13:27-30)

Christ offers His own interpretation. The separating of the tares from the wheat takes place at the consummation of the church age. The plants with the wheat life growing is then separated by the angles from the plants that are growing with another kind of life.

"Therefore just as the tares are collected and burned up with fire, so will it be at the consummation of the age.

The Son of Man will send His angels and they will collect out of His kingdom all the stumbling blocks and those who practice lawlessness, And will cast them into the furnace of fire. In that place there will be the weeping and teh gnashing of teeth.

Then the righteous will shine forth like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear." (Matt. 13:40-43)

The wheat are those born of the divine Father and therefore were regenerated in the church age. There is the need for them to grow.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jan '18 14:44
    Further proof that the new life has been received by Christians IN the church age.

[b]16.)
    The true wheat is growing and the false wheat (the tares) are also growing before the second coming of Christ.

See the parable of the wheat and tares Matthew 13:24-30.

[quote] "And the slaves of the master of the house came and said to him, S ...[text shortened]... ine Father and therefore were regenerated in the church age. There is the need for them to grow.
    And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (Matthew 19:28 KJV)
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jan '18 22:071 edit
    The regeneration takes place because the already regenerated sons of God are manifested.

If there are no PREVIOUS sons of God born of His life, grown with His Spirit, and matured in His indwelling THERE CANNOT BE ANY RESTORATION or REGENARATION in the earth.

There will not be any regeneration as in Matthew 19:28; Acts 3:21.

Question: Will there be a restoration and regeneration in the earth for a millennium or in eternity if no sons of God have been manifested to have overcome in His life?

Answer: No.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jan '18 22:082 edits
    Question: What ushers in the age of restoration when nature is effected by Christ's presence and some co-kings reign with Him for a thousand years?

Answer: That throughout the church age at least some overcomers who had been born of God learned to "reign in life" in the age of grace.

The creation awaits their manifestation of at least a representative remnant have been reborn and developed and matured during the age of the church.

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present age are not worthy to be compared with the coming glory to be revealed upon us. (Rom. 8:18)

For the anxious watching of the creation eagerly awaits the revelation of the sons of God. (v.19)

In hope that the creation itself will also be freed from the slavery of corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. (v.21)

For we know that the whole creation groans together and travails in pain together until now. (v.22)

And not only so, but we ourselves also, WHO HAVE THE FIRSTFRUITS OF THE SPIRIT
    [born again, regenerated] even we ourselves groan in ourselves eagerly awaiting sonship, the redemption of our body." (v.23)

If there are no sons of God growing, maturing, eager to be transfigured, there will not be a time of restoration on the earth.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 12:051 edit
    And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, [b]in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (Matthew 19:28 KJV) [/b]
    "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life." -- Titus 3:5-7, KJV
  15. old pueblo
    Moves
    12 Jan '18 01:37
    [b] "Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, then I will come int to him and dine with him and he with Me.

He who overcomes, to him I will give to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame sat with My Father on His throne." (Rev. 3:20,21)

Verse 20 has been used for gospel prea ...[text shortened]... he Lord Jesus in.

But that is a kind of borrowing the passage somewhat out of its context.[/b]
    While you are correct about the context, I think only evangelicals and groups into door-to-door religion use it toward/at non-believers. Otherwise, "gospel preaching" tends to take place in a church, and the audience for that preaching most likely closely matches the audience for the original preaching.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree