1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 May '15 17:47
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    A. Hint: that's not why my opinion about this thread changed.
    Q. Would you please level up and spell out the rationale underlying your "opinion"?

A.
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    08 May '15 01:24
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Q. Would you please level up and spell out the rationale underlying your "opinion"?

A.
    A: Nope. I am right at the level I want to be. What you're really asking is that I play the level for you. My response is that you'll never get good at the game unless you play it yourself.

Q: Have you garnered any deep spiritual insights after drinking several strong beers?
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 May '15 03:181 edit
    A: Nope. I am right at the level I want to be. What you're really asking is that I play the level for you. My response is that you'll never get good at the game unless you play it yourself.

Q: Have you garnered any deep spiritual insights after drinking several strong beers?
    A. No [while I enjoy a frosty cold beer on a red hot August day and wine with some meals,
    "spiritual insights" aren't packaged in bottles or cans].

Q. Is it desirable to plateau at one "level" rather than continue to grow into the next?
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    08 May '15 05:501 edit
    A. No [while I enjoy a frosty cold beer on a red hot August day and wine with some meals,
    "spiritual insights" aren't packaged in bottles or cans].

Q. Is it desirable to plateau at one "level" rather than continue to grow into the next?
    A: Sometimes. Growth takes energy. Better to rest up for the next round rather than punch yourself out.

Q: How would you know you don't get Spiritual insights after having a few beers? After all, it sounds like you've never once in your life tried it.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 May '15 13:23
    A: Sometimes. Growth takes energy. Better to rest up for the next round rather than punch yourself out.

Q: How would you know you don't get Spiritual insights after having a few beers? After all, it sounds like you've never once in your life tried it.
    A. "Spiritual insights" [which enable a person to appreciate God’s omniscient mind and will in matters of truth and behavior] are given by God. (2Timothy 2:7 and Proverbs 2:6) As previously mentioned, I enjoy an occasional beer poolside or with friends at a social event,

Q. What is your understanding of the phrase: "human depravity"?
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    09 May '15 15:34
    A. "Spiritual insights" [which enable a person to appreciate God’s omniscient mind and will in matters of truth and behavior] are given by God. (2Timothy 2:7 and Proverbs 2:6) As previously mentioned, I enjoy an occasional beer poolside or with friends at a social event,

Q. What is your understanding of the phrase: "human depravity"?

Thanks,

Desert Dogg
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 May '15 23:302 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Q: This thread used to be BigDoggProblem's favorite. Now it's his least favorite. He's thinking you had a lot to do with that. Might he have a point?
    You're actually asking him to reply to hearsay?

I mean, unless you've developed the ability to read minds, you telling GB what BDP is thinking is hearsay, the accuracy of which is questionable, at best.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 May '15 00:32
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You're actually asking him to reply to hearsay?

I mean, unless you've developed the ability to read minds, you telling GB what BDP is thinking is hearsay, the accuracy of which is questionable, at best.
    No ability to read minds on my part. I based my question on what BigDoggProblem actually said, which was: "...this [thread] used to be my favorite. Now it's my least favorite. I'm thinking you [Grampy Bobby] had a lot to do with that." Your fist has gone ~swish~ through thin air, as it so often does. 😉
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 May '15 10:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    No ability to read minds on my part. I based my question on what BigDoggProblem actually said, which was: "...this [thread] used to be my favorite. Now it's my least favorite. I'm thinking you [Grampy Bobby] had a lot to do with that." Your fist has gone ~swish~ through thin air, as it so often does. 😉
    But still, your "testimony" relates what BDP was thinking, not what he *said* he was thinking. And any "testimony" of what another has said is hearsay, based as it is on reports of others rather than on one's own personal knowledge. This is why I said unless you have developed the ability to read minds, it's hearsay testimony. My point is not that what BDP said is wrong, it's that whatever he is thinking, it is not your own personal knowledge, regardless what he has said about it, which may or may not be the truth on its own. As always, you inflate the importance of what others say when it agrees with you, and deflate what others say when it disagrees with your own assessment.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 May '15 11:52
    But still, your "testimony" relates what BDP was thinking, not what he *said* he was thinking. And any "testimony" of what another has said is hearsay, based as it is on reports of others rather than on one's own personal knowledge. This is why I said unless you have developed the ability to read minds, it's hearsay testimony. My point is not that what B ...[text shortened]... when it agrees with you, and deflate what others say when it disagrees with your own assessment.
    As I said, I based my question on what BigDoggProblem actually said.
  11. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    10 May '15 16:29
    But still, your "testimony" relates what BDP was thinking, not what he *said* he was thinking. And any "testimony" of what another has said is hearsay, based as it is on reports of others rather than on one's own personal knowledge. This is why I said unless you have developed the ability to read minds, it's hearsay testimony. My point is not that what B ...[text shortened]... when it agrees with you, and deflate what others say when it disagrees with your own assessment.
    When did this become a court of law? It's a freakin' internet forum. 😕
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 May '15 20:49

Thanks,

Desert Dogg
    Grampy Bobby makes the rules on his thread. 😏
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 May '15 00:33
    Q. Has clinical psychology identified any causative factors of atheism?

A.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 May '15 00:40
    Q. Has clinical psychology identified any causative factors of atheism?

A.
    A: Well the field of "clinical psychology" has researched all manner of things, and come up with all manner of theories, many of which constitute little more than stuff tossed into the market place of ideas.

Q: How would the world be different now if its Christian population was all Catholic, and always had been, and the Protestant reformation had never occurred?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 May '15 03:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    As I said, I based my question on what BigDoggProblem actually said.
    As I said, you based your question on hearsay.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree