1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Apr '15 13:44
    RHP Spirituality Forum Q & A / 2015

Please pose an honest question regarding topics in the spiritual realm after answering the last question previously asked.

Q. Most significant life altering decision I've made was to believe in the person and work of Jesus Christ: What was yours?

A.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Apr '15 13:48
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]RHP Spirituality Forum Q & A / 2015

Please pose an honest question regarding topics in the spiritual realm after answering the last question previously asked.

Q. Most significant life altering decision I've made was to believe in the person and work of Jesus Christ: What was yours?

A.[/b]
    I'm afraid this one will end up ruined like the one in the GF, only faster, for obvious reasons.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Apr '15 13:52
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I'm afraid this one will end up ruined like the one in the GF, only faster, for obvious reasons.
    A. 394 Posts since January 7, 2015, suggests the "GF" thread has been quite popular.

Q. At what age did you experience an awareness of the possibility that God existed?

A.
  4. Standard memberKellyJayonline
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Apr '15 14:06

A.[/b]
    Mine was to accept Jesus Christ into my life being filled with His Spirit.
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Apr '15 14:53
    A. 394 Posts since January 7, 2015, suggests the "GF" thread has been quite popular.

Q. At what age did you experience an awareness of the possibility that God existed?

A.

A. At around 4 or 5. Though please note, at that age, i also believed in Santa Claus and superman. (Especially superman). I probably asked questions like, 'who would win in a fight, God or superman?' - Kids hey.

Q. .......Who would win in a fight, God or superman?

Or if you prefer:

Q. Does a faith have to come with a religion?
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Apr '15 15:461 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke

A. At around 4 or 5. Though please note, at that age, i also believed in Santa Claus and superman. (Especially superman). I probably asked questions like, 'who would win in a fight, God or superman?' - Kids hey.

Or if you prefer:

A. God is a supernatural spirit being; "superman" is a fictitious character representing a human being. One of God's Divine Attributes is His Omnipotence which means He is all-powerful in His abilities: "The Almighty... is exalted in power."
    (Job 37:23) "superman's" abilities are limited. So God wins Hands down in your depiction of a hypothetical "fight".

Q. What topics would you suggest that Russ include with his present listing: "Spirituality: Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after."?

A.

"Please pose an honest question regarding topics in the spiritual realm after answering the last question previously asked."
  7. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    20 Apr '15 15:56

A. God is a supernatural spirit being; "superman" is a fictitious character representing a human being. One of God's Divine Attributes is His Omnipotence which means He is all-powerful in His abilities: "The Almighty... is exalted in power."
    (Job 37:23) "superman's" abilities are limited. So God ...[text shortened]... arding topics in the spiritual realm after answering the last question previously asked."
    Q. .......Who would win in a fight, god or Superman?

A. God is a [fictitious] supernatural spirit being [representing mankind's fear of the unknown and tendency to attribute intentions to natural phenomena]; "Superman" is a fictitious character representing a [Powerful Alien Being]. One of God's [supposed] Divine Attributes is His Omnipotence which means He is all-powerful [within the bounds of what is logically possible] in His abilities: "The Almighty... is exalted in power."
    (Job 37:23) "Superman's" abilities are limited. So [Superman] wins Hands down in your depiction of a hypothetical "fight" [because in the comics/films good always triumphs over evil, the weak over the strong, and Superman has Batman on his side... and Batman always wins].

Corrected that for you. 😉
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Apr '15 16:30
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Q. .......Who would win in a fight, god or Superman?

A. God is a [fictitious] supernatural spirit being [representing mankind's fear of the unknown and tendency to attribute intentions to natural phenomena]; "Superman" is a fictitious character representing a [Powerful Alien Being]. One of God's [supposed] Divine Attributes is His Omnipotence which m ...[text shortened]... g, and Superman has Batman on his side... and Batman always wins].

Corrected that for you. 😉
    A. Thank you, googlefudge; as always you're an articulate spokesperson for your point of view.

Q. What type of threads in this online spirituality forum provide the most enjoyment for you?

A. ?
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    20 Apr '15 17:19
    A. Thank you, googlefudge; as always you're an articulate spokesperson for your point of view.

Q. What type of threads in this online spirituality forum provide the most enjoyment for you?

A. ?
    A. Threads of a more philosophical nature tend to be more enjoyable, but it's
    often highly unpredictable which threads will turn out to have the best
    arguments/discussions in them.

Q. Do you believe that it is possible to construct [at least one] good objective
    secular moral system without needing a god or religion to base morality on?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Apr '15 18:58

A.[/b]
    A. Ditto.

What is your 2nd?
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Apr '15 19:14
    Originally posted by divegeester
    A. Ditto.

What is your 2nd?
    "Q. Do you believe that it is possible to construct [at least one] good objective
    secular moral system without needing a god or religion to base morality on?"

Please reply with your answer to the question asked by googlefudge above your reply. Thanks for accepting the format.

A.?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '15 00:21
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    A: I'd say it does as soon as two or more people share a consensus about its tenets, what its folklore means, and what the divine being in question requires.

Q: What do those Christians who pretend that Christianity is somehow not a religion think they will achieve as proselytisers with such pep talk aimed at themselves?
  13. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    21 Apr '15 01:581 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    A: I'd say it does as soon as two or more people share a consensus about its tenets, what its folklore means, and what the divine being in question requires.

Q: What do those Christians who pretend that Christianity is somehow not a religion think they will achieve as proselytisers with such pep talk aimed at themselves?
    A: I think they think that the word 'religion' doesn't sell anymore (brings to mind a bunch of stuffy old people with their noses in hymnals) and hope to market their faith differently. Now, whether or not they realize their pep talks are aimed at themselves, I cannot answer. 🙂

Q: Why do so many people in the domain of spiritual discourse think they can simply decide to believe something, rather than arriving at a belief through persuasion by evidence?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '15 02:431 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Q: Why do so many people in the domain of spiritual discourse think they can simply [b]decide to believe something, rather than arriving at a belief through persuasion by evidence?
    A: I've asked Grampy Bobby [for example] this exact question countless times but he's blanked it out or dodged it for years ~ and no wonder ~ his brand of proselytism relies upon it so heavily [and upon little else, unless you count the Power of Copy Pastes!] ~ and of course he has no answer because the notion that one can choose to believe something that one simply does not believe is sheer nonsense. However, the idea that one can choose is perhaps the most important building block for the concept of thoughtcrime upon which Christian belief is constructed.

Q: What are the views of Christians here about the Messianic Jewish evangelical organization called Jews for Jesus?
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 Apr '15 11:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    A: I've asked Grampy Bobby [for example] this exact question countless times but he's blanked it out or dodged it for years ~ and no wonder ~ his brand of proselytism relies upon it so heavily [and upon little else, unless you count the Power of Copy Pastes!] ~ and of course he has no answer because the notion that one can choose to believe something that one si ...[text shortened]... ws of Christians here about the Messianic Jewish evangelical organization called Jews for Jesus?
    A) According to the Word of God it doesn't matter whether one is a Jew or not, and the name,"Jews for Jesus", implies status, imo. What's more, is that the concept that one is "for" Jesus misses the point altogether. The point made in God's Word is that it is "Jesus for the world", which, it seems, some aren't cognizant of, yet.

Q) What historical event in recorded human history has had the most profound effect on the world?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree