1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Mar '15 17:041 edit
    Originally posted by roigam
    ok, I found your posts. I scaned them and I will read them better later. You have several interesting points that I would like to address.
    Just as a preliminary thought consider:
    (Ecclesiastes 9:5) For the living know that they will die, but "the dead know nothing at all", nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten.
    When we ...[text shortened]... id to the woman: “You certainly will not die.
    They are buying into the lie that Satan told Eve!
    Then how do you reconcile this statement from Jesus?
    And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

(Matthew 10:28 KJV)
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Mar '15 17:34
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Maybe you don't have a soul. I have a soul and I don't need to prove it. 😏
    You only THINK you have a soul. You HAVE to think you have a soul otherwise you would go insane, more insane than you are now.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Mar '15 17:47
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You only THINK you have a soul. You HAVE to think you have a soul otherwise you would go insane, more insane than you are now.
    Well, I will take the word of Yahshua (Jesus) over your good for nothing word. 😏
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Mar '15 17:511 edit
    Well, I will take the word of Yahshua (Jesus) over your good for nothing word. 😏
    Of course, your robot brain can do nothing else. I on the other hand, follow the chain of evidentiary logic, which you decidedly cannot, having a pre-programmed illogical brain that you cannot now or ever extricate yourself from the dire effects of such brainwashing and programming inherent in your so-called religion.

You are programmed to push back ever harder when people challenge you to think for yourself, unable to do that, you rely on the brain work of other people, unable to think for yourself any more. Like the time you said, the moon must have been cooled down by water.

Would you like to retract that absurdity?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Mar '15 18:17
    Of course, your robot brain can do nothing else. I on the other hand, follow the chain of evidentiary logic, which you decidedly cannot, having a pre-programmed illogical brain that you cannot now or ever extricate yourself from the dire effects of such brainwashing and programming inherent in your so-called religion.

You are programmed to push back ever ...[text shortened]... said, the moon must have been cooled down by water.

Would you like to retract that absurdity?
    Why should I ??
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Mar '15 20:161 edit
    Why should I ??
    Well, it COULD be seen as absurd, or alternatively as ridiculous. Do you want me to ask Steven Hawking? Maybe he could think of a suitable word or two.

I think I have a line to Neil DeGrasse Tyson. Would you mind me asking HIM?
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Mar '15 21:25
    Well, it COULD be seen as absurd, or alternatively as ridiculous. Do you want me to ask Steven Hawking? Maybe he could think of a suitable word or two.

I think I have a line to Neil DeGrasse Tyson. Would you mind me asking HIM?
    Ask any number of atheists and chances are you'll get the same answer. But asking scientists about the soul is just like asking Ron here about science. They have zero knowledge of actual experience with the subject. That kind of makes their answers moot, yes?
  8. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    13 Mar '15 21:37
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Ask any number of atheists and chances are you'll get the same answer. But asking scientists about the soul is just like asking Ron here about science. They have zero knowledge of actual experience with the subject. That kind of makes their answers moot, yes?
    No.

It's a question about the nature of reality.

That is what science studies.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Mar '15 21:471 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    No.

It's a question about the nature of reality.

That is what science studies.
    on the contrary, in order to get to the nature of reality you need to go beyond physics, to metaphysics. Science is merely concerned with what is plausible, not what is true. Science on its own cannot satisfactorily explain the human experience.
  10. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    13 Mar '15 21:542 edits
    Then how do you reconcile this statement from Jesus?
    And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

(Matthew 10:28 KJV)
    Easy, Jesus was talking about your guaranteed future life in the resurrection.
    When we die we go into Jehovah God's memory. That cannot be destroyed.

The soul(future life) and body can be destroyed if we are judged by God or His only-begotten Son Christ Jesus.
    (John 5:26, 27) For just as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted also to the Son to have life in himself. 27β€―And he has given him authority to do judging, because he is the Son of man.

For those of a scientific bent, there is no evidence of a soul physiologically.
    Where in the body would we find a soul?
    Man came to be a living soul. He did not come to have a living soul.
  11. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    13 Mar '15 22:09
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    on the contrary, in order to get to the nature of reality you need to go beyond physics, to metaphysics. Science is merely concerned with what is plausible, not what is true. Science on its own cannot satisfactorily explain the human experience.
    I think it is a question of time. Science has opened our eyes to the workings of Physics, Biology, Chemistry , the list goes on and on. Science has also shown us that certain features of our Universe are counter intuitive .
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Mar '15 22:182 edits
    Originally posted by OdBod
    I think it is a question of time. Science has opened our eyes to the workings of Physics, Biology, Chemistry , the list goes on and on. Science has also shown us that certain features of our Universe are counter intuitive .
    Science cannot even answer why the universe.
  13. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    13 Mar '15 22:25
    Science cannot even answer why the universe.
    Neither can religion, it always comes down to "faith". At least Science is expanding our knowledge, as far as I can see religious thinking has not advanced at all, except of course when a new scientific discovery has forced it to.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Mar '15 22:332 edits
    Originally posted by OdBod
    Neither can religion, it always comes down to "faith". At least Science is expanding our knowledge, as far as I can see religious thinking has not advanced at all, except of course when a new scientific discovery has forced it to.
    On the contrary religion quite clearly gives the answer that the universe was created to reflect Gods glory. Whether you accept this or not is your affair, but it does provide an answer. Science cannot even attempt to answer the question. The folly of you materialists is that you have made science into your God. You look to it for guidance and answers and and yet ask it why the universe and its inept.
  15. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    13 Mar '15 22:461 edit
    on the contrary religion quite clearly gives the answer that the universe was created to reflect Gods glory. Whether you accept this or not is your affair, but it does provide an answer. science cannot even attempt to answer the question, The folly of you materialists is that you have made science into your God. You look to it for guidance and answers, and yet ask it why the universe and its inept.
    Religion has invented a creation deity to explain creation. Your position on this god of yours is fixed. Science never presumes it is absolutely correct, hardly a god/ servant relationship , is it? Science is an expansive philosophy, religion is stuck with dogma and a fixed information base. Your time is limited.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree