1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 16:42
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Can you tell if another person is righteous? Can you tell if you are righteous.
    No righteous person brags about his righteousness.
    If he does, then he cannot be righteous for sure.

I'm not righteous.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 16:44
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    No righteous person brags about his righteousness.
    If he does, then he cannot be righteous for sure.

I'm not righteous.
    I remember an old story about people saying, "The more he talked about how honest he
    was, the more they felt the need to check the silverware."
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 17:18
    God's of course.
    Only God is good.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 17:20
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Only God is good.
    I agree. Just to make sure, you are saying only God is righteous.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 17:231 edit
    I agree. Just to make sure, you are saying only God is righteous.
    If by 'righteous' you mean 'good'. If not, define 'righteous'.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 18:13
    If by 'righteous' you mean 'good'. If not, define 'righteous'.
    You never know what people mean by their words. People like kelly like to play word games to side step issues so just making sure.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 18:23
    You never know what people mean by their words. People like kelly like to play word games to side step issues so just making sure.
    Jesus welcomed the righteous into the Kingdom of God, and he minced no words in explaining who are righteous and who are not. Clearly you dont accept what Jesus said, otherwise you wont be starting several threads on the issue.,
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 19:10
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Jesus welcomed the righteous into the Kingdom of God, and he minced no words in explaining who are righteous and who are not. Clearly you dont accept what Jesus said, otherwise you wont be starting several threads on the issue.,
    Do you accept the words of Jesus that only God is good?
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 19:27
    How can you tell who is righteous?
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 19:34
    I don't think we should take one chapter out of the Bible (Matt 25) and build our entire doctrine on how righteousness is attained from it and just ignore the rest of the Bible.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 19:41
    I don't think we should take one chapter out of the Bible (Matt 25) and build our entire doctrine on how righteousness is attained from it and just ignore the rest of the Bible.
    , Jesus said to them, "It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 20:00
    , Jesus said to them, "It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    There is a way that seems right to a man but it ends in death. We may think we are good enough and don't need saving but we are headed for doom.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 20:03
    How can you tell who is righteous?
    Me? Why would I need to tell??
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 22:56
    As if that's what rajk999 does. This is an example of the extreme dishonesty that some will stoop to in an attempt to disparage him. Rajk999 is one of the few posters on this forum who actually makes an sincere attempt to use the Bible in its entirety in forming his beliefs.

Even worse, posters like you routinely ignore and/or distort all passages that conflict with their own personal beliefs and that includes the passage from Matthew 25. Following are several other passage that routinely get ignored and/or distorted

Matthew 13
    41“The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness, 42and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43“Then THE RIGHTEOUS WILL SHINE FORTH AS THE SUN in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.

John 5
    . 28“Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

Luke 15
    7“I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.

Ezekiel 33
    18“When the righteous turns from his righteousness and commits iniquity, then he shall die in it. 19“But when the wicked turns from his wickedness and practices justice and righteousness, he will live by them. 20“Yet you say, ‘The way of the Lord is not right.’ O house of Israel, I will judge each of you according to his ways.”
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 23:125 edits
    Do you accept the words of Jesus that only God is good?
    You and your half Christian friends need to stop taking little pieces of the teachings of Christ and the Apostles and trying to make doctrines from them. God is good is only 3 words from the whole passage: Here is the whole thing, Read it

And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matthew 19:17 KJV)

The fact that God is good only is of no relevance to your eternal life. What is relevant is this part
    ...but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments

Paul says the same thing. .. Jesus saved you from your sins BUT STILL KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS otherwise no eternal life.

You want eternal life then keep the commandments.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree