RJHinds Identifies Witness Lee's

RJHinds Identifies Witness Lee's "False Teaching"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 May 15
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
We have Watchman Nee, Witness Lee , KevinLee, when is Bruce Lee gonna show up and kick some butt? Hopefully soon.
The goal is to help us all to experience God as life.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 May 15

Originally posted by sonship
The goal is to help us all to experience God as life.
I'm not sure we all share that goal.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 May 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
I'm not sure we all share that goal.
I know this. The goal of some is simply death.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 May 15

Originally posted by kevinlee123
[b]Norman Geisler’s Position Contradicts the Bible

According to Geisler’s published writings, it is improper to speak of God as "one person," as "a person," or even as "personal" in any kind of singular sense.This position attempts to enforce an external standard of "orthodoxy" on the truth revealed in the Bible. Thus, when Geisler cites th ...[text shortened]... ingforthefaith.org/responses/Geisler-Rhodes/Persons-as-test-of-orthodoxy.html#_edn36[/b]
[/b]
Thanks for a meaningful contribution indeed.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 May 15

I know this. The goal of some is simply death.
Less a goal, more an acceptance of our mortality.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 May 15
2 edits

Less a goal, more an acceptance of our mortality.
You can accept our own mortality and still receive the truth that the Son of God has conquered death for us.

If we're talking about REALISM, then we say REALISM is to acknowledge that a Man has overcome death and the grave.

His name is Jesus Christ.
This is REALISM - to believe that Christ told the world the stark "gut level" truth in saying -

" I am the resurrection and the life ..."

So let's be realistic here. No one, but no one has ever walked this earth and spoken or lived as Jesus. And the second closest candidate comes nowhere close to Him.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 May 15

So let's be realistic here. No one, but no one has ever walked this earth and spoken or lived as Jesus. And the second closest candidate comes nowhere close to Him.
I think your basis for that claim is unsound and unproven.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 May 15
1 edit

I think your basis for that claim is unsound and unproven.
Your welcome to disagree. But the approvedness of the teachings of Jesus have been tested and torture tested. And through the changing scenes and circumstances of the ages the words of Jesus have still been rock solid.

The Bible is still a best seller.
And it was still the only book I can think of that was read to the world from outer space.

Why?
Why didn't they read Nietzsce, Jefferson, Allen Watts, Marx, or Shakespeare, MLK, Ghandi, or Churchill?

The Bible is unique and its central figure Christ is very unique.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 May 15

And it was still the only book I can think of that was read to the world from outer space...
True, but then the world was also treated to a rendition of 'Major Tom.'

Cape Town

Moves
27 May 15

But the approvedness of the teachings of Jesus have been tested and torture tested.
I can't figure out what you mean by 'approvedness'. Are you saying that your approval of his teachings has been tested?

Cape Town

Moves
27 May 15
1 edit

And it was still the only book I can think of that was read to the world from outer space.

Why?
The guy who read it was a Christian?

I suspect that if he was Muslim, he would have read from the Quran.

Edit: actually it turns out that it is all in your head. Hence your cleverly worded sentence: 'that I can think of'.

In reality, many books have been read from the International space station:
http://www.openculture.com/2015/05/italian-astronaut-reads-the-hitchhikers-guide-to-the-galaxy-on-the-international-space-station.html
http://storytimefromspace.com/
http://geekdad.com/2014/06/watch-astronauts-read-kids-books-space/

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 May 15
12 edits

Originally posted by twhitehead
The guy who read it was a Christian?

Don't know.
Of course Genesis from which he read, could have been representative of Judaism also.

I doubt that the choice was his alone.
It came across to me as an orchestrated effort rather than just a personal one.

Let's just say the Judeao / Christian tradition was what was being honored.

I suspect that if he was Muslim, he would have read from the Quran.

I might agree.
No big deal. Except, I don't know how much of a Creation account the Quran has.

But historically, I'm considering what was (that occured) rather than what could have been instead.

But I don't think it was a singular personal decision.
Those astronauts are under orders in matters related to public posture.

I suspect it may have had something to do with giving the Judaeo / Christian honor at a time in the United States when Madeline Murray O'hair and her American Athiest organization was making significant enfluence via the US Supreme Court in riding prayer from public school. I think it may have been a kind of statement in reaction to that Atheistic trend which was impacting public school.

Edit: actually it turns out that it is all in your head. Hence your cleverly worded sentence: 'that I can think of'.

No I don't think it is "all in my head". I think it may not be totally conclusive of theism yet it is historically significant.

The importance of the Bible being the early possibly the first thing to be mass produced by the invention of the Gutenberg printing press (15th Century) is significant historically. I don't think it would be "all in my head" to point out the important regard the Bible was held in for this reason.

I think it is largly in your head that you try to neutralize the point by drawing attention to what has been done SINCE that first reading as more significant.

IE.

In reality, many books have been read from the International space station:
http://www.openculture.com/2015/05/italian-astronaut-reads-the-hitchhikers-guide-to-the-galaxy-on-the-international-space-station.html
http://storytimefromspace.com/
http://geekdad.com/2014/06/watch-astronauts-read-kids-books-space/

You deflect to two matters:

1.) Well, it COULD have been this OTHER way. IE. A Moslem reading the Quran.

2.) Well, SINCE that time lots of other things have been read from outerspace. So there!

Given your arguments I still think it is significant that honor was given the Judaeo/Christian belief by reading to the world Genesis.

I would expect copycat procedures coming afterwards in latter years, would look to more variety of reading materials.

No A grade for your complaint. But I'd give you a good C or C-.

Edit:
First Book Printed
17 Nov 1450

The first major book that was printed in the Printing Press was the Gutenberg Bible

Invention of the Printing Press
http://www.timetoast.com/timelines/invention-of-the-printing-press--2