1. Joined
    28 Jan '15
    Moves
    22 May '15 01:221 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    Let's take your first paragraph.

[quote] Modalism is one of their favorite teachings. Oh, they love the doublespeak! Leeists do teach modalism, no matter how much they say they don't believe it. It is in actuality denying the Trinity of God's 3 Persons as distinct in the Triune Godhead. It is a pridefully puffed up teaching to think "God is a threefold P ...[text shortened]... endingforthefaith.org/responses/Geisler-Rhodes/Father-Son-coworking.html#ImmutabilityCoinherence
    The local churches believe that there is one God (Deut. 6:4; 1 Cor. 8:4b; Isa. 45:5a), who is triune—the Father, the Son, and the Spirit (Matt. 28:19), co-existing (Matt. 3:16-17; 2 Cor. 13:14) and coinhering (John 14:10-11) in three persons, or hypostases, distinct but never separate, from eternity to eternity;
    http://an-open-letter.org
  2. Joined
    28 Jan '15
    Moves
    22 May '15 01:373 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I do not accept the Gospel According to Witness Lee. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    That is why you're not willing to retract your allegation. You only rely people's talk and not investigating the whole story by your own self. This makes an evangelical Christian so proud of himself.

Just digging dirt...

This is how internet makes me so sick about it. I did a bunch of readings made against the local churches — half-truths, innuendos, false accusations, misrepresentations, twistings, and lies.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 May '15 02:161 edit
    Originally posted by kevinlee123
    That is why you're not willing to retract your allegation. You only rely people's talk and not investigating the whole story by your own self. This makes an evangelical Christian so proud of himself.

Just digging dirt...

This is how internet makes me so sick about it. I did a bunch of readings made against the local churches — half-truths, innuendos, false accusations, misrepresentations, twistings, and lies.
    How can any misrepresentations, twistings, and lies be committed when the quotations from their publications are presented with the accustaions? That is a ludicrous idea. 😏
  4. Joined
    28 Jan '15
    Moves
    22 May '15 02:402 edits
    How can any misrepresentations, twistings, and lies be committed when the quotations from their publications are presented with the accustaions? That is a ludicrous idea. 😏
    You're not retracting...
    http://www.contendingforthefaith.org/

See how these respected Christians speak for themselves
    http://an-open-letter.org/testimonies/
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 May '15 04:042 edits
    The local churches believe that there is one God (Deut. 6:4; 1 Cor. 8:4b; Isa. 45:5a), who is triune—the Father, the Son, and the Spirit (Matt. 28:19), co-existing (Matt. 3:16-17; 2 Cor. 13:14) and coinhering (John 14:10-11) in three persons, or hypostases, distinct but never separate, from eternity to eternity;
    I agree that this is the Orthodox Christian docrine of the Trinity. But Witness Lee taught another false doctrine.

However, Lee taught there was only one person, not three persons. Lee taught the Father was the Son or the Son is the Father, which is saying the same thing. He also taught the Son was the Holy Spirit. All you have to do is look at his writings to see that. I believe I quoted them earlier in this thread. If not, then I quoted them in that thread I referenced from 2014.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 May '15 04:051 edit
    I do not accept the Gospel According to Witness Lee. 😏

I do not accept the Gospel According to Witness Lee.

Well, I do not accept your brand of Evolution.
    So I will just recommend you as the most strident Evolutionist this Forum has seen in years. And we can be done here.

Thankyou for your time Mr. mechanical squawking post Flood Evolutionist.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 May '15 04:10
    You're not retracting...
    http://www.contendingforthefaith.org/

See how these respected Christians speak for themselves
    http://an-open-letter.org/testimonies/
    Brother Kevin, Don't be too bothered. These Post Flood Evolutionists can be very stubborn.

Thankyou indeed for your helpful contributions.
    Don't be overly concerned with RJHind's Evolutionist convictions.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 May '15 04:10
    I do not accept the Gospel According to Witness Lee.

Well, I do not accept your brand of Evolution.
    So I will just recommend you as the most strident Evolutionist this Forum has seen in years. And we can be done here.

Thankyou for your time Mr. mechanical squawking post Flood [b]Evolutionist.
    [/b]
    Now that you see you are losing the debate, since the truth is coming out, you are suddenly done instead of admitting your error and repenting of this sin. 😏
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 May '15 05:002 edits
    Now that you see you are losing the debate, since the truth is coming out, you are suddenly done instead of admitting your error and repenting of this sin. 😏
    The debate never really got started. And your mechanical walking talking squawking is usually a sign of your stubborn entrenchment and not studying. So we I just realize that we are once again dealing with a stubborn Post Flood Evolutionist.

You can go back now to defending your brand of after Noah Evolution.

These true examiners speak for themselves:

A group of three distinguished members of the Seminary

President Richard
    Mouw, Dean of Theology Howard Loewen, and Professor of
    Systematic Theology Veli Matti Kärkkäinen

performed an extensive and careful review and evaluation of our teaching and practices. Of their meetings with the representatives of the local churches and LSM they said, “Our times together were characterized by sincere, open, transparent, and unrestricted dialog. ” As a result of their review, they issued a statement (also reproduced in this book) in which they concluded “that the teachings and practices of the local churches and its members represent the genuine, historical, biblical Christian faith in every essential aspect.”

From Testimonies of Three Prominent
    Christian Organizations:
    Hank Hanegraaff,
    Christian Research Institute
    Gretchen Passantino
    Answers in Action
    Fuller Theological Seminar

http://www.contendingforthefaith.org/eBooks/Hanegraaff-Passantino-Fuller.pdf

These Christian researchers have some integrity.
    You can do a little more mechanical squawking if you like to mask your lack of integrity.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 May '15 05:311 edit
    The debate never really got started. And your mechanical walking talking squawking is usually a sign of your stubborn entrenchment and not studying. So we I just realize that we are once again dealing with a stubborn Post Flood Evolutionist.

You can go back now to defending your brand of after Noah Evolution.

These true examiners speak for the ...[text shortened]... ty.
    You can do a little more mechanical squawking if you like to mask your lack of integrity.
    They must have been misled and given the following as per kevinlee123 above:

However Witness Lee says something different in his writings.

Witness Lee criticizes other Orthodox Christians who believe in the Trinity Doctrine when he makes the following statement:
    "They think of the Father as one Person, sending the Son, another Person, to accomplish redemption, after which the Son sends the Spirit, yet another Person.... To split the Godhead into three separate Persons is not the revelation of the Bible...."

Witness Lee, Life Messages, p. 164

Witness Lee teaches that God is one person, not three persons in one God as in Orthodox Christianity.
    "The Father, the Son, and the Spirit are not three separate Persons or three Gods; they are one God, one reality, one person."

Witness Lee, The Triune God to Be Life to the Tripaetite Man, 1970, p. 48.

Witness Lee teaches that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit is the same person.
    "THE SON IS THE FATHER, AND THE SON IS THE SPIRIT ....and the Lord Jesus who is the Son is also the Eternal Father. Our Lord is the Son, and He is also the Father."

Witness Lee, Concerning the Triune God, p. 18-19.

I have talked to many Jehovah Witnesses and those that I have talked to also believe the Trinity Doctrine is the same as Witness Lee claims. The difference is that the Jehovah Witnesses rightly reject this false idea, whereas Witness Lee accepts it as his doctrine of the Triune God, a three-one God, instead of three persons in one God.
  11. Joined
    28 Jan '15
    Moves
    22 May '15 06:42
    [quote]The local churches believe that there is one God (Deut. 6:4; 1 Cor. 8:4b; Isa. 45:5a), who is triune—the Father, the Son, and the Spirit (Matt. 28:19), co-existing (Matt. 3:16-17; 2 Cor. 13:14) and coinhering (John 14:10-11) in [b]three persons
    , or hypostases, distinct b ...[text shortened]... it as his doctrine of the Triune God, a three-one God, instead of three persons in one God.[/b][/b]
    How do we tell if God is a person?
    by Matt Slick

We would first have to define what “person” means before we can determine if God is a person. Some people think that a person must have a body of flesh and bones, but theologically speaking “personhood” does not necessitate that. Instead, personhood is defined as having a will, self-awareness, emotions, being able to recognize others, speaking, etc. Therefore, angels would be persons since they have wills, speak, etc. God would be a person, too. However, the Christian doctrine of God is that He is comprised of three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. We call this the Trinity. We say that God is three persons because we see that the Father is called God (Phil. 1:2), the Son is called God (Heb. 1:8), and the Holy Spirit is called God (Acts 5:1-4). Each has a will (F, Luke 22:42; S, Luke 22:42; HS, 1 Cor. 12:11) and speaks (F, Matt. 3:17; S, Luke 5:20; HS, Acts 13:2). For more information see Trinity.

However, we do find that in the Bible “God” also speaks in the singular. For example,

Gen. 1:29, “And God said, ‘Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth . . . '”
    Exodus 3:14, “And God said unto Moses, ‘I AM THAT I AM’: and he said, ‘Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.’”
    This is not a contradiction between God being expressed as one person and being a Trinity of persons. The totality of the Godhead as a Trinity can certainly speak as one.

So, can God be said to be a person? Yes. And how do we tell if He is a person? We simply look at the requirements of being a person, such as speaking, being aware of others, having a will, loving, etc.; and we see that God most certainly expresses the attributes of personhood.

https://carm.org/is-god-a-person
  12. Joined
    28 Jan '15
    Moves
    22 May '15 06:43
    Question: "Is God a person?"

Answer: When we say that God is a “person,” we do not mean that He is a human being. We mean that God possesses “personality” and that He is a rational Being with self-awareness. Theologians often define person as “an individual being with a mind, emotions, and a will.” God definitely has an intellect (Psalm 139:17), emotions (Psalm 78:41), and volition (1 Corinthians 1:1). So, yes, God is a person.

No one doubts the personhood of man, and man is made in God’s image (Genesis 1:26–27). All through the Bible, the personal pronouns He, Him, and His are used of God.

The Bible teaches that God exists in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The tri-unity of God is a difficult concept to consider, but the proof is in the Bible. In Isaiah 48:16 and 61:1, the Son is speaking while making reference to the Father and the Holy Spirit (cp. Luke 4:14–19). Matthew 3:16–17 describes Jesus’ baptism. God the Holy Spirit descends on God the Son while the Father proclaims His pleasure in the Son. Matthew 28:19 and 2 Corinthians 13:14 also speak of three distinct Persons in the Trinity.

God the Father is a Person with a mind (Isaiah 55:8–9), emotions (Psalm 78:40), and a will (1 Peter 2:15). God the Son is a Person with a mind (Luke 2:52), emotions (John 11:35), and a will (Luke 22:15). God the Holy Spirit is a Person with a mind (Romans 8:27), emotions (Ephesians 4:30), and a will (Galatians 5:17). All three Persons of the Trinity possess all the attributes of God (John 6:37-40; 8:17-25; Colossians 1:13-20; Psalm 90:2; 139:7–10; Job 42:2; 26:13; 1 Corinthians 2:9–11; Hebrews 9:14). God expresses anger (Psalm 7:11), laughs (Psalm 2:4), has compassion (Psalm 135:14), loves (1 John 4:8), hates (Psalm 11:5), teaches (John 14:25), reproves (John 16:8), and leads (Romans 8:14).

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/is-God-a-person.html#ixzz3aqajFNuP
  13. Joined
    28 Jan '15
    Moves
    22 May '15 06:482 edits
    [quote]The local churches believe that there is one God (Deut. 6:4; 1 Cor. 8:4b; Isa. 45:5a), who is triune—the Father, the Son, and the Spirit (Matt. 28:19), co-existing (Matt. 3:16-17; 2 Cor. 13:14) and coinhering (John 14:10-11) in [b]three persons
    , or hypostases, distinct b ...[text shortened]... it as his doctrine of the Triune God, a three-one God, instead of three persons in one God.[/b][/b]
    RJhinds, could you take some time in reading this...

The Error of Insisting on Three ‘Persons’ as a Litmus Test of Orthodoxy
    http://www.contendingforthefaith.org/responses/Geisler-Rhodes/Persons-as-test-of-orthodoxy.html

"Now these people were more noble than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so." (Acts 17:11)
  14. Joined
    28 Jan '15
    Moves
    22 May '15 06:503 edits
    Brother Kevin, Don't be too bothered. These Post Flood Evolutionists can be very stubborn.

Thankyou indeed for your helpful contributions.
    Don't be overly concerned with RJHind's Evolutionist convictions.
    I know but his pride has usurped him. He doesn't need to look further because these so-called 70 Christian scholars and ministry leaders are experts in research so he probably won't listen us or the DCP brothers.

Even I don't have anything to say further that because I'm not prone to speak English but I don't belittle myself.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 May '15 08:532 edits
    RJhinds, could you take some time in reading this...

The Error of Insisting on Three ‘Persons’ as a Litmus Test of Orthodoxy
    http://www.contendingforthefaith.org/responses/Geisler-Rhodes/Persons-as-test-of-orthodoxy.html

"Now these people were more noble than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so." (Acts 17:11)
    Well, then you must agree that what I quoted Witness Lee as writing does not agree with Orthodox Christianity. That leaves it up to you to check those references for yourself to see if what I quoted is true and accurate. If they are, then the only conclusion is that Witness Lee was teaching a false doctrine different from that of Orthodox Christianity.

In a nutshell, Witness Lee teaches that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit is the same person. That is the heresy of Modalism.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree