1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Nov '12 01:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    Revelation is for you "probably the most important book" because you revel in obscurantism. That Catholic priest probably sees himself as a follower of what Christ is actually reported to have said and therefore thinks Revelation is bogus. His comment to you seemed a diplomatic way of dealing with Revelation.
    Ok whatever your opinion is, is fine for you.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Nov '12 01:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    Revelation 13:11 is - in your opinion - about the League Of Nations [1919–1946] because you cannot think of anything else it might be about?
    Well I was truly hopeing we would have an adult conversation about this but here we go again with silly questions.........as usual.
    But to answer you I have NO doubt as to what Revelation is speaking of here. None at all.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '12 01:41
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Don't you think someone has to be right or was the Bible written to just fool us all?
    My question was: "If a Christian disagrees with you about the USA & Britain and the League of Nations and the United Nations being "described in Revelation" as you claim, are they wrong, and you right?"

A question to me, in response, about why I think "the Bible was written" is just a dodge. If a Christian disagrees with you about the the League of Nations being "described" in Revelation 13:11, is he wrong and you right?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '12 01:43
    ...to answer you I have NO doubt as to what Revelation is speaking of here. None at all.
    Because you haven't heard a better explanation?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '12 01:45
    Ok whatever your opinion is, is fine for you.
    So you agree that there may be a reasonable rationale for that Catholic priest to not teach what he may see as a bogus addition to the biblical canon?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '12 01:471 edit
    Well I was truly hopeing we would have an adult conversation about this but here we go again with silly questions.........as usual.
    I don't think my questions here are "silly" at all. I think I am trying to get to the heart of why you think your opinions about Revelation 13:11 are more valid than any other Christian's opinion. You think your explanation is correct because, as you claimed, "nothing else comes close to that explanation". Questioning the extraordinarily subjective nature of this purported "truth" can hardly be dismissed as being not "adult" or being "silly".
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Nov '12 01:48
    Originally posted by FMF
    My question was: "If a Christian disagrees with you about the USA & Britain and the League of Nations and the United Nations being "described in Revelation" as you claim, are they wrong, and you right?"

A question to me, in response, about why I think "the Bible was written" is just a dodge. If a Christian disagrees with you about the the League of Nations being "described" in Revelation 13:11, is he wrong and you right?
    My answer is yes they are wrong. No need to keep asking this question as I just answered it as clear as possible.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Nov '12 01:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    Because you haven't heard a better explanation?
    No one else has an explination and the few that might have one are dead wrong. It's as clear to me what Revelation is talkng about is as clear to me that you have no idea at all.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Nov '12 01:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't think my questions here are "silly" at all. I think I am trying to get to the heart of why you think your opinions about Revelation 13:11 are more valid than any other Christian's opinion. You think your explanation is correct because, as you claimed, "nothing else comes close to that explanation". Questioning the extraordinarily subjective nature of this purported "truth" can hardly be dismissed as being not "adult" or being "silly".
    Then ask what you mean to ask and stop side stepping the question.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '12 01:53
    My answer is yes they are wrong.
    In which case, why do you think Revelation 13:11 didn't mention the League Of Nations by name? Wouldn't it have supported your interpretation more strongly if it had mentioned it by name rather than talking about the "first beast" with a "mortal wound" that was "healed"?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '12 01:56
    Then ask what you mean to ask and stop side stepping the question.
    I think I have been perfectly clear: why do you think your subjective opinion about what Revelation 13:11-12 is specifically referring to, is more valid than any other Christian's opinion which might happen not to coincide with yours?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '12 01:58
    No one else has an explination and the few that might have one are dead wrong. It's as clear to me what Revelation is talkng about is as clear to me that you have no idea at all.
    Why do you think that your proposed explanation does not convince all the people who you claim are "dead wrong"?
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Nov '12 02:341 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    In which case, why do you think Revelation 13:11 didn't mention the League Of Nations by name? Wouldn't it have supported your interpretation more strongly if it had mentioned it by name rather than talking about the "first beast" with a "mortal wound" that was "healed"?
    It isn't mentioned so ones wanting to truly know would ask God and be willing to listen.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Nov '12 02:34
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why do you think that your proposed explanation does not convince all the people who you claim are "dead wrong"?
    Who knows. Ask them.
  15. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    27 Nov '12 02:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    And I saw the beast resembling a horse coming fast from the east.
    Lo! a great curse did he carry with him as he swept swiftly across the board and captured my Queen.

And there was great turmoil in the land thereafter.

The white army fell in great numbers and the revelation came which had started on move number 13. The white King was captured and all his people enslaved.

I did appeal to the league of nations for relief but none was forthcoming.

There was wailing and gnashing of teeth.

The white King was flung into the lake of fire which is the second death.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree