1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 11:25
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Your last sentence is like one of the worst things you can say to a JW I would think.
    It's a comment made without rancour. I actually do hope that. I have met some nice JWs over the years, every single one of them with better communication and interpersonal skills. I hope what goes on here isn't him being all he can be.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 12:131 edit
    Originally posted by moon1969
    That's kind of been my thoughts and experience.

While I am always annoyed by any solicitor knock at the door, the JW always politely goes away and I know they are trying to do good from their perspective.
    ummm, if you want to be impressed, gaze at a Titian or a Rembrandt for some time, if
    you want a free home Bible study, at your convenience, we are the people. I am
    always amazed that people think we are there to impress them. It takes a certain
    degree of humility to go to a strangers door knowing that in all likelihood you are going
    to be rejected, any references to egotism in the form of attempting to impress people
    betrays a lack of sincerity, we are after all, not pedallers of the word of God.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 12:231 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    It takes a certain
    degree of humility to go to a strangers door knowing that in all likelihood you are going
    to be rejected, any references to egotism in the form of attempting to impress people
    betrays a lack of sincerity, we are after all, not pedallers of the word of God.
    I frequently invited them in and gave them a cup of tea. The two that used to come to my house in Perth were a bit brisk and seemed sort of harried or always late for some other appointment; on of them was from the Philippines, I seem to remember. The two in Japan were delightful although their car was a mess.
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 15:45
    yes i blank them but this is an exception as he is just being creepy, stalking the
    Gman after he has been told that he has no interest in what he has to say.
    You didn't really blank him did you?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 17:35
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    why don't you count the number of posts that he has addressed to me personally and
    then the number that I have replied to, hmmm? Empirical evidence too much for you
    again?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 17:38
    why don't you count the number of posts that he has addressed to me personally and
    then the number that I have replied to, hmmm? Empirical evidence too much for you
    again?
    So your "ignore button" only deletes or censors my posts that are addressed to you but allows you to see all the posts I address to other posters?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 17:401 edit
    robbie's post on the thread "How do you read these? (Christian topic bewarned)", said to me (after he got in a funny little tangle when he contradicted himself about God and 'works without faith' and 'faith with works':

don't you just love the ignore button it gets rid of foul and slimy trolls in an instant. All your posts now come with the reassuring appendage, CENSORED: This post has been removed to preserve sanity levels

But it seems it only censors SOME of my posts. Not come across that before.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 17:54
    What an odd position robbie has put himself in. You know he is reading my posts. I know he is reading my posts. He knows you and I know. We know he knows. Everybody (who's the slightest bit interested) knows he is reading my posts. And he knows that too. And yet he has no choice but to continue with the pretense that he is using an 'ignore button' and that he isn't reading any of my posts. We know he's pretending. And he knows it.
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 18:26
    again?
    By blank i mean that you have really censored FMF's post with the gbaway script have you?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 18:472 edits
    By blank i mean that you have really censored FMF's post with the gbaway script have you?
    indeed i have and it works a treat! On my computer in the loft i even have gbaway2,
    all i get is a line, the only computer (I have three) which is not blanked is the laptop.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Dec '12 00:55
    indeed i have and it works a treat! On my computer in the loft i even have gbaway2,
    all i get is a line, the only computer (I have three) which is not blanked is the laptop.
    It's very peculiar that you should be pretending to not read my posts, and talk about using software to block them etc., when it turns out you're reading them on your laptop anyway! How did you ever get yourself into such a forum-pose tangle?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree