robbie + bannockburn 1314

robbie + bannockburn 1314

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
27 Nov 12
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
Who knows. Ask them.
You cast yourself as a preacher. Don't you meet people who you claim are "dead wrong" all the time? Why do you think that your proposed explanation does not convince all these people - you must get some feedback from your preaching, surely?

F

Moves
27 Nov 12

It isn't mentioned so ones wanting to truly know would ask God and be willing to listen.
So it's not mentioned, leaving you propagating a subjective assertion/opinion about the League Of Nations, plus an additional assertion that God has told you that you're right and those who disagree with you are wrong, is that it?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
27 Nov 12
1 edit

The countries of the United States and Britian is described in Revelation as a duel world power that does exactly as you have described here with their forced influance in most of the world since their beginnings of a few hundred years now.

Revelation 13:11-15
English Standard Version (ESV)

The Second Beast

11 Then I saw another beast rising o ...[text shortened]... ns are usually in responce to protecting their interest and not always in the interest of peace.
I think your off on this one also....Rome in its day had
more influence over the world than America

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Nov 12

Originally posted by menace71
I think your off on this one also....Rome in its day had
more influence over the world than America

Manny
Not even close Manny. Just think of the arms and military power that exist now as compared to swords and spears. Nuclear bombs? Aircraft carriers and the power they have? Nuclear subs?
Also really think of the whole world the USA has affected as compared to Rome on many levels. Politics, economics, etc. If I'm not mistaking I believe the USA also gives out more money to more countries then any other country does in the world to support and protect it's interest in those areas. Even giving it many times to countries that are not really friendly to the US.

I found this interesting artical and noticed others that speak of the influance to USA has had but is now waining.

http://www.studymode.com/essays/The-United-States-Influence-On-The-205494.html

This could very easily be the fulfillment of the Bibles description of this two horned beast finally giving it's power to the United Nations? Time will tell.

F

Moves
28 Nov 12

This could very easily be the fulfillment of the Bibles description of this two horned beast finally giving it's power to the United Nations? Time will tell.
You are presenting your interpretation as a 'certainty' about which you have no doubt, AND as something that "could very easily be". Do you not see how these two stances are different and that the two things that you are asserting do not add up?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
You are presenting your interpretation as a 'certainty' about which you have no doubt, AND as something that "could very easily be". Do you not see how these two stances are different and that the two things that you are asserting do not add up?
I know exactly what I said and why I said it.....

F

Moves
29 Nov 12

I know exactly what I said and why I said it.....
So, you were "wanting to truly know" and you "asked God" and you were "willing to listen" and He told you that the stuff at http://www.studymode.com/essays/The-United-States-Influence-On-The-205494.html "...could very easily be the fulfillment of the Bibles description of this two horned beast" and this is why you say you "have NO doubt as to what Revelation is speaking of here". Is this what you mean?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
29 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
So, you were "wanting to truly know" and you "asked God" and you were "willing to listen" and He told you that the stuff at http://www.studymode.com/essays/The-United-States-Influence-On-The-205494.html "...could very easily be the fulfillment of the Bibles description of this two horned beast" and this is why you say you "have NO doubt as to what Revelation is speaking of here". Is this what you mean?
Hummmm. Maybe I do maybe I don't. Doesn't matter does it as you never accept anything I say.

F

Moves
29 Nov 12

Hummmm. Maybe I do maybe I don't. Doesn't matter does it as you never accept anything I say.
Are you able to differentiate between something [you found on the internet] that "could very easily be" and something you "have NO doubt" about? You are declaring yourself "right", claiming God has told you so, and declaring other Christians wrong. You are making these claims on a public forum so you cannot then claim it "doesn't matter" when someone points out the subjectivity and inconsistency in your assertions. People will be more inclined to "accept" what you say if it adds up and makes some sense.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
29 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
Are you able to differentiate between something [you found on the internet] that "could very easily be" and something you "have NO doubt" about? You are declaring yourself "right", claiming God has told you so, and declaring other Christians wrong. You are making these claims on a public forum so you cannot then claim it "doesn't matter" when someone points out ...[text shortened]... le will be more inclined to "accept" what you say if it adds up and makes some sense.
God has personally told me nothing. He does not communicate with humans in that way. So you should learn those facts to help you with a better understanding of spiritual matters.

F

Moves
29 Nov 12

God has personally told me nothing. He does not communicate with humans in that way. So you should learn those facts to help you with a better understanding of spiritual matters.
Then why did you say this?

Originally posted by FMF
[Why] do you think Revelation 13:11 didn't mention the League Of Nations by name? Wouldn't it have supported your interpretation more strongly if it had mentioned it by name rather than talking about the "first beast" with a "mortal wound" that was "healed"?

It isn't mentioned so ones wanting to truly know would ask God and be willing to listen.

Do you not see how what you are saying about "God" and how you "know" about the League of Nations being "described" in the Bible, does not add up?

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
29 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF

Originally posted by FMF
[b][Why] do you think Revelation 13:11 didn't mention the League Of Nations by name? Wouldn't it have supported your interpretation more strongly if it had mentioned it by name rather than talking about the "first beast" with a "mortal wound" that was "healed"?

[i]Originally posted by galvesto ...[text shortened]... now" about the League of Nations being "described" in the Bible, does not add up?[/b]
Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no evil, for with me are two bishops and a rook.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
29 Nov 12
1 edit

And behold I saw the beast rising in the east and he was as a pale horse.
And death rode with him. And who is like the beast and who can make war
or stand against him?

Swiftly he did move and all my people were enslaved.
And the Great Black King was carried away into captivity,
never to rule again. His throne usurped and his armies defeated.

And the Great Black King was cast into the lake of fire,
which is the second death, and was heard no more.
All things passed away and the board was made new.

And so we begin again,

................................e4.

Or if you're old fashioned like me,

Pawn to King 4.

I was never any good at algebra.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF

Originally posted by FMF
[b][Why] do you think Revelation 13:11 didn't mention the League Of Nations by name? Wouldn't it have supported your interpretation more strongly if it had mentioned it by name rather than talking about the "first beast" with a "mortal wound" that was "healed"?

[i]Originally posted by galvesto ...[text shortened]... now" about the League of Nations being "described" in the Bible, does not add up?[/b]
Sorry that it doesn't add up to you. The Bible says most would not understand. So as I said to you before I'm sorry you don't. But I do and it is crystal clear to me.

F

Moves
30 Nov 12

The Bible says most would not understand. So as I said to you before I'm sorry you don't. But I do and it is crystal clear to me.
So the fact that you say the Bible says "most would not understand", and because you have an "understanding" that most people would not share, that makes you right, and you reckon the Bible says you're right because of this? Is that how it works for you?

With this League of Nations thing, did you "ask God", were you "willing to listen", and did you get an answer? I need to ask because claiming that it's true because it's "crystal clear" to you doesn't work as a discussion point, nor does claiming you are right because "most would not understand".