1. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 May '18 15:211 edit
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Interesting article that views salvation as separate from discipleship:

“Are All Believers Disciples?

By Bob Wilkin

Many today are saying that the call of discipleship is the call of salvation. They suggest that to be saved one must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow Christ. That one must forsake all to be saved. That one must count the ...[text shortened]... remise: Discipleship is costly.
    Conclusion: Salvation and discipleship are not the same thing.”
    Thank you for starting this thread. I was waiting for it.

This continues to demonstrate the very false nature of the doctrine of men.
    It is another effort on the part of the church to sideline the teachings of Christ.
    One more vain attempt to justify those who rather not follow the commandments

The Great Commission : From Jesus Christ to his disciples

And Jesus came to them and spake unto them, saying,
    All authority hath been given unto me in heaven and on earth.
    Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations,
    baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit:
    teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you:
    and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.
    (Matthew 28:18-20 ASV)

Jesus commissioned his DISCIPLES
    To go make MORE DISCIPLES
    Teaching them to observe HIS COMMANDMENTS

Those who follow his commandments are his disciples
    Disciples of Christ will get eternal life in the Kingdom of God.

Argue with that.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 May '18 16:491 edit
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    Jesus was very explicit in defining His true disciples as those who no longer commit sin.

That's all well and good. But are you saying that the young man (probably an angel) at the tomb of the risen Christ was WRONG to refer to the followers as "His disciples" ?

"But go, tell His disciples and Peter that He is going before you into Galilee. There you will see Him, even as He told you." (Mark 15:7)

There is the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry and there is the gospel preached by others.

Are you, ThinkOfOne, one of the "others" ?

The right after the very chapter 8 chapter 9 speaks of "His disciples". But I doubt that they were unable to stay entirely away from sinning all the time.

"And as He passed by, He saw a man blind from birth. And His disciples asked Him, saying, Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?" (John 9:1,2)

Was the Gospel writer WRONG to refer to the 12 as His disciples there ?

But you trust the writer when He tells you about the conversations in chapter 8?

Evidently instead of embracing the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, you continue to embrace the gospel preached by others.

Sure I trust some of the faithful disciples. In His ministry He said that to RECEIVE them was going to be to RECEIVE Himself. That was a statement of His ministry "while He walked the earth".

" He who receives you receives Me, and he who receves Me receives Him who has sent Me." (Matt. 10:40)

Sure, why should I not receive the gospel teaching from some of His faithful disciples?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 May '18 16:512 edits
    "Truly, truly, I say to you, He who receives whoever I shall send receives Me, and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me." (John 13:20)

Why should I not receive the apostles whom Jesus sent according to His word in His ministry?

Why should I not follow them but instead follow your teaching to REJECT those whom Jesus sent ?

Your next post will explain how none of the twelve men plus the women were DISCIPLES of Jesus Christ because they were still able to have sins.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 May '18 17:23
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    Jesus was very explicit in defining His true disciples as those who no longer commit sin.

There is the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry and there is the gospel preached by others.

Evidently instead of embracing the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, you continue to embrace the gospel preached by others.
    Why didn’t you address sonship’s point? It’s quite valid.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 May '18 17:25
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Exactly why? The deed is done and of course we need to build a statue or something, but I'm saved regardless. Why is the greatest thing a christian can do is to praise lord? How about the greatest thing a human can do is to make our world better? That isn't on your radar?
    Leading someone to Christ not only saves his or her soul but improves the world as well. You don’t understand that?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 May '18 17:28
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Very explicit indeed.
    But they say that they can continue in sin.
    So have you decided whether someone can commit a single sin after accepting Christ or whether they instead must abandon sinning habitually?

You seem to go back and forth on that.

ToO thinks one cannot a single sin after accepting Christ and retain his or her salvation - all evidence in the Bible to the contrary.

Do you agree?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 May '18 17:33
    Thank you for starting this thread. I was waiting for it.

This continues to demonstrate the very false nature of the doctrine of men.
    It is another effort on the part of the church to sideline the teachings of Christ.
    One more vain attempt to justify those who rather not follow the commandments

The Great Commission : From Jesus Christ to his dis ...[text shortened]... ples
    Disciples of Christ will get eternal life in the Kingdom of God.

Argue with that.[/b]
    And God in the Old Testament told Jews to obey the Mosaic law. What happened when they didn’t? God allowed them to sacrifice animals to atone for their sins.

Jesus in the New Testament told people to obey His commandments. What happens when they don’t? His sacrifice on the cross covers their sins - provided they have believed in Him and accepted Him.

You don’t get - and probably never will - that the law’s purpose was to show us our need for a Saviour.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 May '18 20:13
    And God in the Old Testament told Jews to obey the Mosaic law. What happened when they didn’t? God allowed them to sacrifice animals to atone for their sins.

Jesus in the New Testament told people to obey His commandments. What happens when they don’t? His sacrifice on the cross covers their sins - provided they have believed in Him and accepted Him. ...[text shortened]... ’t get - and probably never will - that the law’s purpose was to show us our need for a Saviour.
    “But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.”

(Galatians 3:22-26)
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 May '18 20:39

Jesus in the New Testament told people to obey His commandments. What happens when they don’t? His sacrifice on the cross covers their sins - provided they have believed in Him and accepted Him. ...[text shortened]... ’t get - and probably never will - that the law’s purpose was to show us our need for a Saviour.
    In the Old Testament some sinners found forgiveness via the blood sacrifice of animals and some sinners were executed and destroyed.

In the New Testament some sinners will find forgiveness through the blood of Christ, and some sinners will be destroyed.

Let me know if you need the references.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 May '18 20:44
    “But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

But aft ...[text shortened]... lmaster.

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.”

(Galatians 3:22-26)
    Thats half the story. If you continue reading the very same book of Galatians the whole picture emerges. Born again Christian Saints who continue to sin
    .. shall not inherit the kingdom of God. (Galatians 5:21 KJV)
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 May '18 21:45
    In the Old Testament some sinners found forgiveness via the blood sacrifice of animals and some sinners were executed and destroyed.

In the New Testament some sinners will find forgiveness through the blood of Christ, and some sinners will be destroyed.

Let me know if you need the references.
    I’ve seen the references. The problem is you don’t understand them and think the mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven are as simple as a children’s grade-school storybook.

You deny the deity of Jesus Christ, you deny the indwelling of God’s Holy Spirit upon sincere acceptance of Christ, you deny the power of God’s Holy Spirit, you deny it is acceptance of Christ that makes one righteous (in right standing with God.) There is just too much you don’t understand and your obsession with puffing out your chest is preventing you from knowing God and the mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven.

Try not puffing out your chest and humbly asking the Lord to teach you.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 May '18 21:47
    Thats half the story. If you continue reading the very same book of Galatians the whole picture emerges. Born again Christian Saints who continue to sin
    .. shall not inherit the kingdom of God. (Galatians 5:21 KJV)
    We’ll just add that to the many verses you misunderstand so you can continue your sinful, chest-puffing ways.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 May '18 23:55
    We’ll just add that to the many verses you misunderstand so you can continue your sinful, chest-puffing ways.
    A Bob Wilkin fan .. cool
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '18 00:11
    A Bob Wilkin fan .. cool
    Not a Bob Wilkin fan at all and never heard of him before yesterday. I just posted the article as a springboard for discussion.

But bearing false witness against people is what you do best so continue to claim I am.

Bad (or sick) guy!
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 May '18 01:05
    Not a Bob Wilkin fan at all and never heard of him before yesterday. I just posted the article as a springboard for discussion.

But bearing false witness against people is what you do best so continue to claim I am.

Bad (or sick) guy!
    " ... but but .. Lord, Bob said there is a difference between salvation and discipleship.... who me .. a goat?? .."

Lol.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree