1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 May '18 21:25
    Originally posted by @sonship
    [b] "Then Jesus said to the Jews who believed Him, If you abide in My word, you are truly My disciples." (John 8:31)

[quote] "Jesus answered them, Truly, truly, I say to you. Everyone who commits sin is a slave of sin.

And the slave does not abide in the house forever; the son does abide forever.

If therefore the Son sets ...[text shortened]... is 100% destructive to the Christian faith and 100% destructive to the ministry of Jesus Christ.
    ThinkOfOne, wants to use these verses to furnish himself and everyone else with a rationale that no one can be a disciple of Jesus

I've never said anything of the kind. You should ask yourself why you don't seem to have any reservations about telling bald-faced lies such as that.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 May '18 21:517 edits
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    [b]ThinkOfOne, wants to use these verses to furnish himself and everyone else with a rationale that no one can be a disciple of Jesus

I've never said anything of the kind. You should ask yourself why you don't seem to have any reservations about telling bald-faced lies such as that.[/b]
    I don't lie. You twist the words of Jesus to furnish yourself with a rationale which is anti-Gospel. And if I am off on a minute detail here or there the net effect is the same. And I think most posters here can see it.

And if they don't see it, I don't retract the charge of twisting the New Testament to fight against the New Testament.

DO NOT hold your breath waiting from me to come around with ... "I sorry. I sorry."

"If (condition) ... then you will be my disciples indeed" doesn't mean no one who fails on occasion into sin can be a disciple of Jesus. The more sanctified he is BY Jesus the more a disciples up to the normal standard he becomes ... a "disciple indeed".
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 May '18 21:59
    I don't lie. You twist the word to furnish yourself with a rationale which is anti-Gospel. And if I am off on a minute detail here or there the net effect is the same. And I think most posters here can see it.

And if they don't see it, I don't retract the charge of twisting the New Testament to fight [b]against
    the New Testament.

DO NOT hold your breath waiting from me to come around with ... "I sorry. I sorry."[/b]
    Well, you told a real whopper of a lie there in your desperation to find disparaging things to say about me. If you were able to reasonably refute what I post, you wouldn't have to stoop to the telling of bald-faced lies such as you did. But you can't. So you post one ad hom after another - even if you have to lie to do it.

In advocating for the gospel preached by Jesus, I am encouraging people to become true disciples of Jesus. How exactly is that furnishing people "with a rationale that no one can be a disciple of Jesus"?
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    16 May '18 22:04
    In advocating for the gospel preached by Jesus, I am encouraging people to become true disciples of Jesus. How exactly is that furnishing people "with a rationale that no one can be a disciple of Jesus"?
    I'm at the park most days. Could you bring Jesus over here, you know, to meet?

I heard a whoosh, am all puzzled.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 May '18 22:116 edits

No, you are not advocating Christ or His teachings.
    You are teaching "another Jesus" and trying to convince people that the New Testament is largly fraudulent, mistaken, mythic, legendary, in ERROR, UNINFORMED, ignorant, and MIS-representative of the ministry of Jesus.

And behind these anti-christ concepts you say - "I am trying to encourage people to become true disciples of Jesus."

Do you believe GOD EXISTS ?

YES, you DO ?
    Or NO, you DO NOT ?

No God ? then - NO WAY you are in any sense "encouraging people to become true disciples of Jesus."

I fully expect no HONEST reply.
    I fully anticipate evasion to conceal your "God-LESS, Son of God-LESS "Christian gospel" - the Good News of NO Good News.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 May '18 22:53
    I don't lie. You twist the words of Jesus to furnish yourself with a rationale which is anti-Gospel. And if I am off on a minute detail here or there the net effect is the same. And I think most posters here can see it.

And if they don't see it, I don't retract the charge of twisting the New Testament to fight [b]against
    the New Testament.

DO NO ...[text shortened]... Jesus the more a disciples up to the normal standard he becomes ... a "disciple indeed".[/b]
    "If (condition) ... then you will be my disciples indeed" doesn't mean no one who fails on occasion into sin can be a disciple of Jesus. The more sanctified he is BY Jesus the more a disciples up to the normal standard he becomes ... a "disciple indeed".

Evidently you missed my post at the bottom of the previous page.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 May '18 22:562 edits
    Originally posted by @apathist

You seem to have me confused with someone who doesn't understand just how much of the Bible is metaphorical. You should ask someone who believes in what you are asking.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 May '18 23:00

No, you are not advocating Christ or His teachings.
    You are teaching [b]"another Jesus"
    and trying to convince people that the N ...[text shortened]... l your "God-LESS, Son of God-LESS "Christian gospel" - the Good News of NO Good News. [/b]
    What you seem to fail to realize is that those who advocate for a gospel other than the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry are the ones who are "teaching another Jesus" and are working against Christ.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 May '18 23:041 edit
    What you seem to fail to realize is that those who advocate for a gospel other than the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry are the ones who are "teaching another Jesus" and are working against Christ.
    As I said, to the questions

Do you believe GOD EXISTS ?

YES, you DO ?
    Or NO, you DO NOT ?

I fully anticipate evasion and no reply.

No God ? then - NO WAY you are in any sense "encouraging people to become true disciples of Jesus."

I fully expect no HONEST reply.
    I fully anticipate evasion to conceal your "God-LESS, Son of God-LESS "Christian gospel" - ...
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 May '18 10:24
    Originally posted by @apathist

You could always open the Bible old chap.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree