1. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 May '18 03:09
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Do you believe Rajk999 is one of these "evil men"?
    Yep. The evil people like me tell others to follow Christ. The good people tell others not to follow Christ.

That is where Christianity is now .. a corrupt cesspool of crooked false doctrines.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '18 03:12
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Yep. The evil people like me tell others to follow Christ. The good people tell others not to follow Christ.

That is where Christianity is now .. a corrupt cesspool of crooked false doctrines.
    You reject the deity of Jesus Christ. According to Paul, you are a “small letter ‘a’ antichrist.”

You do not obey Jesus’ commandments either.

You neither believe in the deity of Jesus nor obey His commandments. You’re in for a rude shock when you try puffing out your chest in the afterlife.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '18 03:141 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Check your reference. It sounds like John - [b] (First John)? [/b]
    My bad. It’s 1 John 2:22-23..

I was in 2 Corinthians earlier and that stuck in my mind.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 May '18 03:18
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    You reject the deity of Jesus Christ. According to Paul, you are a “small letter ‘a’ antichrist.”

You do not obey Jesus’ commandments either.

You neither believe in the deity of Jesus nor obey His commandments. You’re in for a rude shock when you try puffing out your chest in the afterlife.
    Wow .. Bobites sure know a lot.. lol
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 May '18 03:19
    My bad. It’s 1 John 2:22-23..

I was in 2 Corinthians earlier and that stuck in my mind.
    That how you quote The bible?? By what was last in your head?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '18 03:20
    Wow .. Bobites sure know a lot.. lol
    You won’t be lol’ing in the afterlife, amigo.

You reject the deity of Jesus Christ, you habitually sin and you do not follow Jesus’ commandments.

Lol all you want now. You’ll be a weepin’ amigo later.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '18 03:22
    That how you quote The bible?? By what was last in your head?
    Simple mistake. Unlike you, I don’t mock people for reading the Bible and praying. That’s a much bigger mistake, amigo.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 May '18 03:28
    You won’t be lol’ing in the afterlife, amigo.

You reject the deity of Jesus Christ, you habitually sin and you do not follow Jesus’ commandments.

Lol all you want now. You’ll be a weepin’ amigo later.
    Salvation v discipleship... Yep ... now that will get you into the Kingdom of God.

The only thing is that you will have to explain the concept to Christ because I don't think he knows all those new developments in modern Christianity.. lol
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '18 03:311 edit
    Salvation v discipleship... Yep ... now that will get you into the Kingdom of God.

The only thing is that you will have to explain the concept to Christ because I don't think he knows all those new developments in modern Christianity.. lol
    You reject the deity of Jesus Christ.

You habitually sin by bearing false witness against other people and condemning them to hell. You habitually sin by puffing out your chest and spewing hate.

You do not follow Jesus’ commandments. You do not practice what you preach.

You’re simply a modern-day Pharisee.

Bad!

Edit: Lol all you want now. You’ll be a weepin’ amigo later.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 May '18 03:381 edit
    You reject the deity of Jesus Christ.

You habitually sin by bearing false witness against other people and condemning them to hell. You habitually sin by puffing out your chest and spewing hate.

You do not follow Jesus’ commandments. You do not practice what you preach.

You’re simply a modern-day Pharisee.

Bad!

Edit: Lol all you want now. You’ll be a weepin’ amigo later.
    Get your notes ready to explain to Christ what salvation v discipleship is about. LOL
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '18 04:18
    Get your notes ready to explain to Christ what salvation v discipleship is about. LOL
    And get your notes ready to explain how Christ is just an angel. He’s gonna love that lol
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 May '18 15:382 edits
    Jesus was very explicit in defining His true disciples as those who no longer commit sin.

That's all well and good. But are you saying that the young man (probably an angel) at the tomb of the risen Christ was WRONG to refer to the followers as [b]"His disciples"
    ?

[quote] "But go, tell His disciples and Peter that He is goin ...[text shortened]... uote]

Sure, why should I not receive the gospel teaching from some of His faithful disciples?
    Jesus very explicitly defined His true disciples as those who no longer commit sin. In those verses Jesus was directly and pointedly addressing that topic.

You, on the other hand, have taken a few verses out of context that are speaking to other things and have imposed a narrative upon them that has nothing to do with what was being addressed in the passages from which you pulled them out. How does it make sense that that should supersede what Jesus explicitly defined and was directly addressing?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 May '18 16:417 edits
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    Jesus very explicitly defined His true disciples as those who no longer commit sin. In those verses Jesus was directly and pointedly addressing that topic.

Your interpretation is wrong.
    It is self serving of your cryptic atheism.
    It is selective.
    It is arbitrary and with more than a double standard.

Even for Him to say " IF ... you are truly My disciples " does not make the argument that you want. It simply means that they would be the disciples He would be most pleased and satisfied with.

"Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, If you abide in My word, you are truly My disciples." (John 8:31)

In context of the New Testament and indeed of the whole Bible, this would mean simply "disciples up to the desired standard".

But most ironic about you pounding this verse is that you wish to give the impression that you are really against sin. All the while while thumping on John 8:31 you love your sin, have NO desire to be sinless OR a follower of God, let alone a follower of Jesus the Son of God.

And I expect you to cling to this argument regardless of it being shown to you as flimsy.

The disciples are referred to as disciples throughout the Gospels and the rest of the New Testament.

Your teaching that "Jesus had no disciples if they were not sinless" is TRASH exposition of the Bible.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 May '18 17:023 edits
    "Then Jesus said to the Jews who believed Him, If you abide in My word, you are truly My disciples." (John 8:31)

"Jesus answered them, Truly, truly, I say to you. Everyone who commits sin is a slave of sin.

And the slave does not abide in the house forever; the son does abide forever.

If therefore the Son sets you free, you shall be free indeed." (vs.34,35)

ThinkOfOne, wants to use these verses to furnish himself and everyone else with a rationale that no one can be a disciple of Jesus - and ... Jesus SAID so.

I have to (if I have not before ) classify this teaching as probably "a doctrine of demons."

Its demonic target seems aimed at discouragement of following Jesus as a disciple of Jesus.

ie. "Jesus does not want any disciples for all need salvation."

What else can that be but a doctrine of demons?

This is a completely unreliable teaching of the New Testament. That is to say the Need of salvation itself disqualifies anyone from being a disciple of Jesus.

Let me repeat that because ThinkOfOne is going to continue to push this doctrine probably for years to come.

His thought is that - The Need for Salvation Disqualifies All from Being Disciples of Jesus. .

Its nature is 100% destructive to the Christian faith and 100% destructive to the ministry of Jesus Christ.
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 May '18 20:584 edits

Your interpretation is wrong.
    It is self serving of your cryptic atheism.
    It is selective.
    It is arbitrary and with more than a double standard.

Even for Him to say [b]" IF ... ...[text shortened]... at [b] "Jesus had no disciples if they were not sinless"
    is TRASH exposition of the Bible.[/b]
    It simply means that they would be the disciples He would be most pleased and satisfied with.

This is just nonsense. Like you and others so often do, you take what Jesus actually says and proceed to put words in His mouth. You and I both know that nowhere in that passage does Jesus say that they are "disciples [I} would be most pleased and satisfied with" or anything like it. Do you believe that Jesus wasn't articulate enough to have been able to have said that if that's what He meant?

I know you've been told this often before, but you really need to improve your reading comprehension.I'll lay it all out for you.

John 8
    "34Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin."
    " 31 ...If you [abide} in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”

John 8:31 is a basic conditional statement:
    <<IF [condition], THEN [result].

The condition is that one must "abide in [His] word"

IF that condition is fulfilled, THEN there is a compound result:
    1) one is a true disciple
    2) AND one will know the truth
    3) AND one will be made free

In John 8:34 Jesus defines who is not "free", i.e., is a "slave": "everyone who commits sin".
    Therefore His true disciples are those who "abide in [His] word", "know the truth" and have been "made free" from committing sin.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree