1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Aug '06 14:231 edit
    Originally posted by telerion
    Turning that frown upside down?
    It's not a crime to rhyme every time it you're a poet and you know it.

So why would my frown be upside down?
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    10 Aug '06 18:48
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    So according to him we can have "Christian" gansters, and "Christian" prostitutes??

(As long as they have said the sinner's prayer?)

Interesting that the very first words of Christ, when he started his ministery, were "Repent, for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand..."
    Where have I said that?
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Aug '06 19:091 edit
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Where have I said that?
    I guess a watered down gospel would imply that, if Salvation and Repentance did not go hand in hand.

If that was necessary to make the tent bigger as Hoe suggested you felt necessary.

But I'd be most happy if that is not what he implied.
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    10 Aug '06 19:11
    I guess a watered down gospel would imply that, if Salvation and Repentance did not go hand in hand.

If that was necessary to make the tent bigger as Hoe suggested you felt necessary.

But I'd be most happy if that is not what he implied.
    So, in fact, you don't even know if I said that, correct? What does the Bible say about those that gossip? And I don't want a "watered down" version from you.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Aug '06 20:19
    Originally posted by lioyank
    So you're saying that one is not supposed to feel bad about sinning? And what's wrong with trying NOT to sin again? From a Christian perspective, what you say sounds even more absurd than what you claim IS absurd.
    How one feels about one's actions is inconsequential. Emotions have no spiritual value, good or bad. They are neutral. God's view of repentance for salvation is directed toward changing one's mind about the Christ, not about the sin.

If you should require further clarification of the word 'repent,' simply consult a Greek dictionary.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Aug '06 20:252 edits
    So, in fact, you don't even know if I said that, correct? What does the Bible say about those that gossip? And I don't want a "watered down" version from you.
    My appologies Rev Kirk, but I asked it as a question... And I made the mistake of deducing too much.

At least gossip refers to speaking behind someones back. I asked it where you could correct me.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Aug '06 20:26
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    if they really feel sorry, its not something you can take advantage of. you cant just say oh well god will forgive me and do w/e you want.
    The beauty of being free moral agents is that we are free to do whatever we want. Of course, we must be willing to pay the consequences. God is not mocked; as a man sows, so shall he reap.
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 00:45
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    ..... sounds very good, Kirk ..... but what exactly does it mean ?

It sounds to me this is an attitude in which you are not obliged to choose any basic truth at all, not even the existence of God. Correct ?

Do you think agnosts and atheist have a different attitude towards truth ?
    Not necessarily. Do you feel that Bbarr or Rwingett have any redeeming values or qualities.
  9. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 00:48
    It's not a crime to rhyme every time it you're a poet and you know it.

So why would my frown be upside down?
    You had a frown. Then it became a silly tongue grin.
  10. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 23:44
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    The beauty of being free moral agents is that we are free to do whatever we want. Of course, we must be willing to pay the consequences. God is not mocked; as a man sows, so shall he reap.
    And here I am thinking you were an idiot like some of the rest.
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 11:20
    Originally posted by royaltystatement
    And here I am thinking you were an idiot like some of the rest.
    I will sleep better tonight.
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 11:47
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Sure, that's why you present a watered down version of the Gospel .... in fact from what I have been able to understand from the very few times you made the mistake of talking about your views, you don't preach the Gospel at all. It is indeed a watered down version of it .... no, it's not even that. It is simply another gospel ..... Kirk's gospel.

I vivid ...[text shortened]... r jobs ..... "

... faith is an openness to truth ...... sure.
    How do you feel about the theology espoused by the author of the "Revelation Doctrine" thread?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 15:55
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    No, that's not what repent means.
    You define it for us.
    Kelly
  14. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 22:33
    Not necessarily. Do you feel that Bbarr or Rwingett have any redeeming values or qualities.
    ..... redeeming values or qualities ? What are you referring to ?
  15. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 22:351 edit
    How do you feel about the theology espoused by the author of the "Revelation Doctrine" thread?
    I do not feel anything about that theology in question because I did not read the thread.

By the way, thanks for not answering my questions and not adressing the issues I raised.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree