1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 03:25
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I have never said this :

[b]But according to your view if you have once ever sinned willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, you can never be saved again. One strike and you're out - According to YOUR interpretation.

Its either you are an idiot or you cannot read of both.[/b]
    One strike and you're out. That is the logical conclusion of your usage of Hebrews 10:26.

One becomes a Christian.
    One after receiving the knowledge of the truth sins willfully.
    One loses eternal redemption and loses eternal life.

One strike and you are out of the gift of God which is eternal life (Romans 6:23).

Don't ad hom me for taking your theology to its logical conclusion.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 11:10
    Originally posted by sonship
    One strike and you're out. That is the logical conclusion of your usage of [b]Hebrews 10:26.

One becomes a Christian.
    One after receiving the knowledge of the truth sins willfully.
    One loses eternal redemption and loses eternal life.

One strike and you are out of the gift of God which is eternal life (Romans 6:23).

Don't ad hom me for taking your theology to its logical conclusion.[/b]
    Its time I leave you and your type in your ignorance. I have said enough.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Oct '15 04:06
    I have never said this :

[b]But according to your view if you have once ever sinned willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, you can never be saved again. One strike and you're out - According to YOUR interpretation.

Its either you are an idiot or you cannot read of both.[/b]
    For someone who claims you don't like getting personal you sure do a lot of insulting to
    those that disagree with you. Are you worried about what Jesus said when He talked
    about calling someone a fool. It is a small wonder that God says that when we correct
    one another we need to be considering ourselves least we be tempted.

Galatians 6:1-3

6 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. 2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. 3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.

Matthew 5:22

But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Oct '15 10:56
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    For someone who claims you don't like getting personal you sure do a lot of insulting to
    those that disagree with you. Are you worried about what Jesus said when He talked
    about calling someone a fool. It is a small wonder that God says that when we correct
    one another we need to be considering ourselves least we be tempted.

Galatians 6:1-3

6 Breth ...[text shortened]... e in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
    My brothers In Christ are those people [regardless of religion] that hold in high regard the teachings of Christ, who teach and preach to others about the teachings of Christ, who stand up for the truth that is in Christ.

I dont know what sonship is, but because of his false doctrines, I do not consider him [and many Christians here as well] a brother in Christ.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Oct '15 13:40
    My brothers In Christ are those people [regardless of religion] that hold in high regard the teachings of Christ, who teach and preach to others about the teachings of Christ, who stand up for the truth that is in Christ.

I dont know what sonship is, but because of his false doctrines, I do not consider him [and many Christians here as well] a brother in Christ.
    If he were the only one you talked like that too, but he isn't. I actually never limited the
    people to those that were believers before, but always thought it meant everyone around
    me.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Oct '15 16:347 edits

That is not a problem to me.

What is more to the point is that you cannot identify any falsehood in what I write. You can say that you strongly do not agree or that you have reasons to think I am in error. But you haven't done a conclusive job of showing false teaching.

In the discussion on Hebrews 10 the most ironic thing is that the BOLDNESS that the writer exhorts the believers to have is exactly the boldness that you fight against in your refusal to accept the assurance of eternal redemption.

I would suggest that you go back to and see exactly WHAT IS THE BOLDNESS that the writer is encouraging his audience to have. It is exactly Christ having obtained once and for all an eternal redemption for an eternal inheritance.

" Let us therefore come forward with BOLDNESS to the throne of GRACE that we may receive mercy and find grace for timely help." (Heb. 4:16)

IE "Christians SHOULD NOT be so bold. They should not KNOW tha tthey are saved by grace through faith"

- that is your whole argument. One strike of sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth and the believer is unsaved again.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Oct '15 16:40
    To be fair ... to be fair Hebrews 4:1 does tell the same audience "Let us fear ..."

"Let us fear therefore, lest, a promise being left of entering into His rest, any one of you may seem to have come short of it. " ( 4:1)

Do you like that Rajk999?
    I love it.

But if you put it all together it is an exhortation to FEAR to not come forward with boldness to the throne of grace to get the timely help we need to be overcoming and victorious for the reward of the Sabbath rest of the millennial kingdom.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree