1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Sep '15 08:27
    Salvation is it needed according to scripture and who and how is it all done?

According to scripture the fall of man began when the Serpent convinced
    the woman and man to eat of tree in the middle of the garden, the tree of
    knowledge of good and evil. Taking the serpent at his word, because
    they saw the fruit looked good and having that knowledge appealed to
    them the fall of man occurred. (Genesis 3: 1-7)

God serious in what He said kicked them out of the garden, they were
    now going to die. Before the fall that was not the case since for us the
    wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23)

Fast forwarding to today, many are again not concern about God and
    those things He has said, and other have confused His Word making it
    possible for some to miss out on one of the greatest Gifts God has given
    us, salvation through His only begotten Son Jesus Christ. It is no wonder
    that Jesus said that the path of destruction is wide and easy and that
    many will take it, but the narrow is hard that leads to life and only a few
    find it. (Matt 7: 13-14)

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

The Holy Spirit confirms this through Peter when Peter was standing
    before the rulers, elders, and scribes in Jerusalem, Peter was filled with
    the Holy Spirit told them that a man was healed by the name of Jesus
    Christ who they crucified and God raised from the dead, Peter went on to
    tell them that Jesus was the stone they rejected, that through Jesus there
    is salvation and its found in no one else, for there is no other name under
    heaven given among us by which we may be saved. (Acts 4: 5-12)

According to Jesus He was sent to save us all, but will all be saved? One
    of more famous verses in the Bible is John 3:16 which makes it to a lot of
    sporting events; however, if one reads a little more it becomes clear that
    not everyone will be saved, though a way has been made for them.

(John 3:16-19)
    16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life.
    17 “Indeed, God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18 Those who believe in him are not condemned; but those who do not believe are condemned already, because they have not believed in the name of the only Son of God. 19 And this is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and people loved darkness rather than light because their deeds were evil.

So through Jesus we can come to God, but what does that look like, how
    does it play out in real life? (Ephesians 2: 8-10) We are saved through
    Faith not of our own doing it is a gift of God, not by our own works or
    effort so that we could boast about how good we are, but we are given
    grace through faith so that we may do the works God has for us which
    He prepared beforehand.

The life God gives us is beyond compare to anything in this life, the very
    best part of Christianity is God in my opinion. He is our great shield and
    our great reward, to miss out on Him is our greatest ruin.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '15 08:32
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Salvation is it needed according to scripture and who and how is it all done?
    There appears to be more than just one way to "salvation" according to the theology. One of them, according to the Bible, is through good works of the kind that Jesus desires and demands, as has been demonstrated ~ with scriptural references ~ here on this forum in the last week or so, despite your interesting efforts to naysay it.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Sep '15 14:451 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    There appears to be more than just one way to "salvation" according to the theology. One of them, according to the Bible, is through good works of the kind that Jesus desires and demands, as has been demonstrated ~ with scriptural references ~ here on this forum in the last week or so, despite your interesting efforts to naysay it.
    How many good works earns salvation?

And lastly, salvation from what?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Sep '15 15:23
    Originally posted by whodey
    How many good works earns salvation?

And lastly, salvation from what?
    Why are you asking FMF these questions?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Sep '15 16:09
    Originally posted by divegeester
    FMF says that there appears to be more than one way to salvation, hinting that one could attain it through good works.

Now that FMF seems to have a grasp on the theology, perhaps FMF can splain it.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Sep '15 18:12
    Originally posted by FMF
    There is only one way to salvation "according to the theology" -- Jesus Christ. Anyone who professes anything else is simply wrong. You cannot "work" your way to heaven, or "meditate" your way to heaven, or even build a stairway to heaven. And you know this. You're just using your main weapon again -- driving wedges.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Sep '15 18:141 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    He's responding to FMF's post, why else?

Like me, he's wondering where FMF gets his authority to "expect people to believe" what he's spewing here.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Sep '15 18:151 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    There is only one way to salvation "according to the theology" -- Jesus Christ. Anyone who professes anything else is simply wrong. You cannot "work" your way to heaven, or "meditate" your way to heaven, or even build a stairway to heaven. And you know this. You're just using your main weapon again -- driving wedges.
    All other religions, from what I can assess, put us on a scale. God weighs the good and the bad as we hope the good outweighs the bad.

Christianity is the only religion I know not geared toward this measure. A lowly guilty theif hanging on a cross can attain salvation in the blink of an eye.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Sep '15 18:171 edit
    All other religions, from what I can assess, put us on a scale. God weighs the good and the bad as we hope the good outweighs the bad.

Christianity is the only religion I know not geared toward this measure. A lowly guilty theif hanging on a cross can attain salvation in the blink of an eye.
    You're singing to the choir on this.

But people insist on putting us in the same basket as these "other religions". Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Period.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '15 20:26
    FMF says that there appears to be more than one way to salvation, hinting that one could attain it through good works.

Now that FMF seems to have a grasp on the theology, perhaps FMF can splain it.
    I am simply referring to the outcome of an extended discussion that was had here between KellyJay and Rajk999. Take a look yourself. "Moral Codes and Self-Centered Beliefs regarding..."
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '15 20:34
    Rajk999 is a Christian and he's made a case that is better than yours. That's all my initial comment refers to. sonship ~ and others like him ~ present a formula for "salvation" which only involves thinking certain things. Rajk999 has presented a persuasive argument that "salvation" is also possible if people are doing the things Jesus said he wants people to do.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '15 20:38
    You're just using your main weapon again -- driving wedges.
    By the way, if you're intending to use this retort over and over and over and over again, please note that all it means to me is that you are feeling insecure about some inconsistency or incoherence in whatever stuff you are claiming to be true.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '15 20:44

What a kick in the face this bizarre ideology represents for people who live morally sound lives but are then supposedly tortured for eternity for a single thoughtcrime. So it isn't about being a good person or living a good life like Jesus reportedly urged people to do, it's about a mere momentary thought... a "blink of an eye", you say? Well, if it helps you cope with life to tell yourself this ideology is coherent, good for you. 🙂
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '15 20:48
    So if good and bad don't matter, how does the option of resorting to "a blink of an eye" in the very last moments of life ~ and thus gain "salvation" ~ promote morally sound living throughout one's life? And if good and bad doesn't matter, and the objective is not to promote morally sound living throughout one's life, what is the purpose of your religion?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 02:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    What a kick in the face this bizarre ideology represents for people who live morally sound lives but are then supposedly tortured for eternity for a single thoughtcrime. So it isn't about being a good person or living a good life like Jesus reportedly urged people to do, it's about a mere momentary thought... a "blink of an eye", you say? Well, if it helps you cope with life to tell yourself this ideology is coherent, good for you. 🙂
    Jesus told the parable of the prodigal son. In it, the oldest son served his father all the years of his life faithfully. However, his younger brother demanded his inheritance and left his father and spent his money foolishly. Eventually he ran out of money and was eating food with the swine, so he thought to himself perhaps he could go back to his father and be one of his lowly slaves.

However, as he was close to home his father dropped everything, ran out to him, hugged him, and welcomed him back home. He then asked everyone to throw him a big party and welcomed him back as his son. Of course, like you, his older brother was upset. After all, he served his father faithfully all those years, and for what? No one ever threw him a big party. The father then took him aside and told him that everything he had left would be his, and not his younger brother. Nonetheless, his brother was once dead to him but now he has come home and is alive so they should rejoice!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree