Salvation

Salvation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Nov 05

I have a simple question with hopefully a simple answer.

How does one obtain salvation .. eternal life .. life everlasting ?

I ask because Christ was asked that question many times and many times He gave the same simple answer. How is it that if you were to ask the same question of many a Christian or Leader of any Christion sect you are given a long complicated answer with a list of do's and donts. Often their answer does not remotely resenble Christ's answer to the same question ?

Are Christians misinterpreting the intentions of Christ ?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
08 Nov 05

Originally posted by Rajk999

I ask because Christ was asked that question many times and many times He gave the same simple answer. How is it that if you were to ask the same question of many a Christian or Leader of any Christion sect you are given a long c ...[text shortened]... st's answer to the same question ?

Yes, they are engaging in perfectionism. (apologies to Ivanhoe)

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Nov 05

I ask because Christ was asked that question many times and many times He gave the same simple answer. How is it that if you were to ask the same question of many a Christian or Leader of any Christion sect you are given a long c ...[text shortened]... st's answer to the same question ?

Well if you understand Jesus' answer why ask us?
Kelly

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Nov 05

Originally posted by KellyJay
Well if you understand Jesus' answer why ask us?
Kelly
Maybe I am missing something ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Nov 05
1 edit

Rom 10:8-13
8 But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith which we preach):
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame."
12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him.
13 For "whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."
(NKJ)
That's it...easy.

w
your king.

H.Q.

Moves
08 Nov 05

Correct......Family.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Nov 05

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Rom 10:8-13
8 But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (.....
13 For "whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."
(NKJ)
That's it...easy.
Thanks. Thats Paul preaching to the Romans. Im not suggesting he is wrong but believing alone cant be all that gives salvation. Here are the actual words of Christ as reported by Matthew (and other gospels as well):
Matt 25
31: When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34: Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Nov 05

What is it you think Jesus is saying than?
Kelly

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 Nov 05

Thanks. Thats Paul preaching to the Romans. Im not suggesting he is wrong but believing alone cant be all that gives salvation. Here are the actual words of Christ as reported by Matthew (and other gospels as well):
Matt 25
31: When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 ...[text shortened]... : Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
The Born-Agains here don't like Matthew 25; I'm sure you'll be exposed to about a 100 quotes from Paul and maybe a few out of context ones from Jesus. They don't seem to like the Book of James, either.

b

Moves
08 Nov 05

I ask because Christ was asked that question many times and many times He gave the same simple answer. How is it that if you were to ask the same question of many a Christian or Leader of any Christion sect you are given a long c ...[text shortened]... t's answer to the same question ?

The answer to you question is very simple. Exactly what CHRIST said is the only way to Salvation, no other way.
There are some Christians that are misinterpeting what CHRIST said. There are some Christians that cannot answer the question because, they do not study The WORDS OF CHRIST. There are those both Christians and Unbelievers, that would rather interrpete the WORDS OF CHRIST, then believe THE WORDS OF CHRIST. A lot of this comes from Christians trying to appease unbelievers.

b

Moves
08 Nov 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
The Born-Agains here don't like Matthew 25; I'm sure you'll be exposed to about a 100 quotes from Paul and maybe a few out of context ones from Jesus. They don't seem to like the Book of James, either.
MATTHEW Chapter 25 is easily understood. When you accept the whole Chapter, not just the part you like.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Nov 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
Thanks for the warning.
The way I see it the teachings of Christ must be at the center of our beliefs as Christians.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Nov 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
MATTHEW Chapter 25 is easily understood. When you accept the whole Chapter, not just the part you like.
Blindfaith .. do you mind explaining this in a bit more detail ? Thanks.

b

Moves
08 Nov 05

Thanks for the warning.
The way I see it the teachings of Christ must be at the center of our beliefs as Christians.
REVELATIONS 22:11
The teachings of JESUS CHRIST are All the Beliefs of Christians.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Nov 05

Matt 25
32 ...[text shortened]... : Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
What you are not understanding is that you are talking about two different times in history. Things change. For example...
In the gospels, holy spirit was still conditional. That is, salvation could be lost because Christ had not yet fully accomplished His ministry. Now, in the New Testament after Christ assended, the holy spirit was given on the day of Pentecost, unconditionally. Salvation could not be lost.
There are many things that changed after Christ was ressurected and assended to the Father.
In the gospels, the "mystery" was not yet known, not even by Christ.
Also, one must remember that what Paul, Peter, Titus, and others were saying in the NT, was by "revelation" from Jesus Christ.

Gal 1:11-12
11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man.
12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.
(NKJ)