1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Jan '11 23:45
    Originally posted by jaywill
    You have every right to speak up.

I know that some "beasts" in Revelation should not be taken as individual persons. I know that. However, in the case of the "beast" mentioned in Rev. 20:10, I am sure that a man is to be understood.

But I just cannot convince you of that. Can I ?
    Well no. But I don't understand how you think this beast represents a man and not a government or something man made. If it is a man who is it and is he just one person or many? Why not just call him a man or leader or someone against God? Why use the word beast in Rev when all other mentions of that refer to a group of man made organizations such as a government.
    This is the same beast that is being refered to turning and attacking the harlot who is riding on it's back. So how could this be a man?
    Again I encourage you to go back the what I posted a few times back reconsider that info.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jan '11 18:19
    Suzianne,

If you have anything to comment or point about what we were talking about, please continue. I am open and reasonable.

I don't discuss things with galveston anymore. So don't take my non response to him as an elaboration on what I wrote to you.

Agape,

jw
    jaywill,

I have been away from these forums for awhile. I will take this up with you when I am back on a semi-regular basis with more time than a few minutes at a time.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 Jan '11 20:30
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    jaywill,

I have been away from these forums for awhile. I will take this up with you when I am back on a semi-regular basis with more time than a few minutes at a time.
    Greetings in the Lord Jesus,

It is good to rest. It is good to sometimes just stop and pray.

One has to see what the the Lord is really doing in them.

Enjoy the Lord Jesus and pray for everyone.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 Jan '11 20:461 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well no. But I don't understand how you think this beast represents a man and not a government or something man made. If it is a man who is it and is he just one person or many? Why not just call him a man or leader or someone against God? Why use the word beast in Rev when all other mentions of that refer to a group of man made organizations such as a n?
    Again I encourage you to go back the what I posted a few times back reconsider that info.
    ===================================
    Well no. But I don't understand how you think this beast represents a man and not a government or something man made. If it is a man who is it and is he just one person or many? Why not just call him a man or leader or someone against God? Why use the word beast in Rev when all other mentions of that refer to a group of man made organizations such as a government.
    This is the same beast that is being refered to turning and attacking the harlot who is riding on it's back. So how could this be a man?
    ==================================

You have some ground to equate a beast with something LARGER then an individual man. I do not argue with that at all.

But it is not to be taken too far. Even if BEAST in Revelation 20:10 represented something larger than an individual man, you still have false prophet as signifying a man.

I do not dispute that BEAST in some instances is to be taken as larger than an individual man. But an individual man is implied:

"And they worshipped the dragon because he gave his authority to the beast" (Rev. 13:4)

This certainly corresponds to the Apostle's word that the " MAN of lawlessness" comes , and "the coming of whom is according to Satan's operation in all power and signs and wonders of a lie." (2 Thess. 2:8)

And there are numerous other proofs which I will not elaborate on.

The beast and the false prophet in Rev. 20:10 should be Antichrist and his false prophet, two men.

This does not mean that BEAST is sometimes symbolic of something larger than a man in Daniel or Revelation.

History will come to a close in this age with a MAN fighting physically directly against God. That is not only a system opposing God, but a powerful Satan empowered MAN. And his false prophet will assist him.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Jan '11 22:33
    [b]===================================
    Well no. But I don't understand how you think this beast represents a man and not a government or something man made. If it is a man who is it and is he just one person or many? Why not just call him a man or leader or someone against God? Why use the word beast in Rev when all other mentions of that refer to a g ...[text shortened]... posing God, but a powerful Satan empowered MAN. And his false prophet will assist him.
    OK..so it's going to be 2 men that will be fighting against God? Just 2? They must be pretty powerful if these 2 can fight against God.
    So does that really make sense to you?
    Does Satan have the power and authority to give power to ones here on earth to do what he wants? Did he not show Jesus that he could give him all the Kingdoms of the world which would certianly imply that Satan controls those Kingdoms or governments?
    Don't all Governements on this earth go against God's will on a daily basis? Of course they all do. None at all completely destroy weapons or completely stop polutting the earth or come close to following the examples that Jesus expressed.
    So why would these not qualify as Beast as nations of old did?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree