1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 17:54
    Do the Christians on this forum mind the secular barrage on crap that takes the place of any religious or spiritual aspect of Christmas ? I'm not Christian, and it bugs me to death. If I see one more snowman or a Santa Claus made from plastic lit up in someones front yard it will be too soon. How has this Sacred Holiday gone to the commercial dogs ? I'm going to start spending Christmas in India from now on. Maybe it won't be so overbaked in the phoney Christmas trinkets. Give me a good Hindhu holiday anytime.
  2. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 18:17
    Originally posted by buckky
    Do the Christians on this forum mind the secular barrage on crap that takes the place of any religious or spiritual aspect of Christmas ? I'm not Christian, and it bugs me to death. If I see one more snowman or a Santa Claus made from plastic lit up in someones front yard it will be too soon. How has this Sacred Holiday gone to the commercial dogs ? I'm going ...[text shortened]... on't be so overbaked in the phoney Christmas trinkets. Give me a good Hindhu holiday anytime.
    The question should be extended towards the pagans with an emphasis on the solstice.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 19:00
    Do the Christians on this forum mind the secular barrage on crap that takes the place of any religious or spiritual aspect of Christmas ? I'm not Christian, and it bugs me to death. If I see one more snowman or a Santa Claus made from plastic lit up in someones front yard it will be too soon. How has this Sacred Holiday gone to the commercial dogs ? I'm going ...[text shortened]... on't be so overbaked in the phoney Christmas trinkets. Give me a good Hindhu holiday anytime.
    We typically put something between God and man, it is our nature to avoid Him due
    to the sin in our lives.
    Kelly
  4. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 19:12
    With or without “sin”, it is in our nature to not consider what we know does not exist.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 19:18
    It seems to me just watching TV commercials and movies and displays in stores, etc, etc, that Mr Claus is the star of Christmas and not who this is supposedly about which they say is Jesus birth, which by all accounts has absolutely nothing to do with this holiday anyway.
  6. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 19:22
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    We typically put something between God and man, it is our nature to avoid Him due
    to the sin in our lives.
    Kelly
    Your point makes no sense to me. It must be all my sin preventing me from understanding you.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 19:381 edit
    "The manger without the cross makes no sense..."

This is a phrase my pastor says we can all use to witness at Christmas. I think it will be usefull so I'll share it with you.

It means that even though we are celebrating Jesus birth this season, the reason He came is to die. He never told us to remind His birth, but His death.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 20:33
    Originally posted by RBHILL

This is a phrase my pastor says we can all use to witness at Christmas. I think it will be usefull so I'll share it with you.

It means that even though we are celebrating Jesus birth this season, the reason He came is to die. He never told us to remind His birth, but His death.
    There is actually no record at all that Jesus or his parents ever celibrating his birthday. In fact the only two mentions of birthdays in the Bible were both by pagans and on both occasions two murders were committed.

From the Insight book. Vol 1:
    "The Bible makes direct reference to only two birthday celebrations, those of Pharaoh of Egypt (18th century B.C.E.) and Herod Antipas (1st century C.E.). These two accounts are similar in that both occasions were marked with great feasting and granting of favors; both are remembered for executions, the hanging of Pharaoh’s chief baker in the first instance, the beheading of John the Baptizer in the latter.—Ge 40:18-22; 41:13; Mt 14:6-11; Mr 6:21-28."
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 20:431 edit
    Originally posted by ua41
    The question should be extended towards the pagans with an emphasis on the solstice.
    yes for clearly Santa is a pagan, whose origin pre dates Christianity, the Norse God of the hearth etc, which is why it is still believed by children that he comes down the chimney! Of course one can trace almost every element, from mistletoe to decorating an evergreen tree to pre Christian times! The way the pagans, err, i mean christians (with a small c) get around this is to state that it means something entirely different now and its a time for family and expressing peace and good will, well ok, but please don't try to state that its a Christian festival.
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 21:031 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    There is actually no record at all that Jesus or his parents ever celibrating his birthday. In fact the only two mentions of birthdays in the Bible were both by pagans and on both occasions two murders were committed.

From the Insight book. Vol 1:
    "The Bible makes direct reference to only two birthday celebrations, those of Pharaoh of Egypt (18th c ...[text shortened]... the beheading of John the Baptizer in the latter.—Ge 40:18-22; 41:13; Mt 14:6-11; Mr 6:21-28."
    The only record would be of the wise men, bringing the gifts.

You forgot about Job's sons celebrated their birthdays.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 21:31
    The only record would be of the wise men, bringing the gifts.

You forgot about Job's sons celebrated their birthdays.
    Any idea who those wise men were and what they were supposed to do once they found Jesus?
  12. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 21:36

What a shame that the Christian religion is founded on the sacrificial death of Jesus to appease an angry God. This is the essence of why I can't get a grip on anything about the Christian message. It has no charm or rational thought behind it. Only the image of a petty God that gets very angry, and sends everyone to Hell because of what Adam and Eve did. Then out of His so called kindness, He sends His Son to die as a Blood sacrafice so a the ones who bought into this nightmare could go the Heaven. Absolutely ugly is what it is. Nothing Good here.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 22:20
    What a shame that the Christian religion is founded on the sacrificial death of Jesus to appease an angry God. This is the essence of why I can't get a grip on anything about the Christian message. It has no charm or rational thought behind it. Only the image of a petty God that gets very angry, and sends everyone to Hell because of what Adam and Eve did. The ...[text shortened]... ught into this nightmare could go the Heaven. Absolutely ugly is what it is. Nothing Good here.
    does he not make the sun shine on both the righteous and the unrighteous, to make rain fall so that we can have seasons of rejoicing?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 22:23
    Originally posted by ua41
    There is a santa solstice? 😛
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 22:30
    What a shame that the Christian religion is founded on the sacrificial death of Jesus to appease an angry God. This is the essence of why I can't get a grip on anything about the Christian message. It has no charm or rational thought behind it. Only the image of a petty God that gets very angry, and sends everyone to Hell because of what Adam and Eve did. The ...[text shortened]... ught into this nightmare could go the Heaven. Absolutely ugly is what it is. Nothing Good here.
    Isn't just Santa Jesus in red? That Santa symbolizes Jesus in person? Without Jesus no Santa?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree