1. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 May '12 13:242 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's not clear why you feel the need to demonstrate contempt for people who value something you do not value?
    more mere opinion from the spiritual buffet king, if you have any empirical evidence of
    the value of worshipping a stone, a tree or a river then please produce it, otherwise,
    learn that your allegations have relevancy to no one but you, so where is your
    evidence? All I have done is to ask for empirical evidence? where is it? can a tree or a
    river or a stone instruct you, no, then what is the value of worshipping it, you have
    not said and instead embark on the now obligatory personal attack, yawn!
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 May '12 13:29
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    more mere opinion from the spiritual buffet king, if you have any empirical evidence of
    the value of worshipping a stone, a tree or a river then please produce it, otherwise,
    learn that your allegations have relevancy to no one but you, so where is your
    evidence? All I have done is to ask for empirical evidence? where is it? can a tree or a
    ...[text shortened]... shipping it, you have
    not said and instead embark on the now obligatory personal attack, yawn!
    The question is why do you feel the need to demonstrate contempt for people who value something you do not value?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 May '12 13:301 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    The question is why do you feel the need to demonstrate contempt for people who value something you do not value?
    then demonstrate the value of it, now being asked for the second time and just for the
    record, i have demonstrated no contempt for people, but have sought to question the
    value of a form of worship, a slight underhand there from the buffet king, it had better
    not happen again.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 May '12 13:31
    then demonstrate the value of it, now being asked for the second time.
    Why does someone have to demonstrate to you the value they place on something in order to be spared your contempt?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 May '12 13:321 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why does someone have to demonstrate to you the value they place on something in order to be spared your contempt?
    i have demonstrated no contempt for people, but have sought to question the
    value of a form of worship, a slight underhand there from the buffet king, it had better
    not happen again. Third time asking, what is the value of worshipping a stone, a river
    or a tree, you have not said.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 May '12 13:36
    i have demonstrated no contempt for people, but have sought to question the
    not happen again. Third time asking, what is the value of worshipping a stone, a river
    or a tree, you have not said.
    You seem to be missing the point here. The issue is not what it is that someone values, or what its value is or isn't. The issue is why you feel the need to be contemptuous of someone who values something that you do not value yourself. As for your undisguised contempt, twhitehead put it succinctly: "it was quite clear from your story that your intent was desecration, insult with a lack of empathy/compassion - regardless of what the witches actually thought."
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 May '12 15:043 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    You seem to be missing the point here. The issue is not what it is that someone values, or what its value is or isn't. The issue is why you feel the need to be contemptuous of someone who values something that you do not value yourself. As for your undisguised contempt, twhitehead put it succinctly: "it was quite clear from your story that your intent was desecr ...[text shortened]... insult with a lack of empathy/compassion - regardless of what the witches actually thought."
    I have demonstrated contempt for no one and instead asked for evidence of the
    value of worshipping objects, or in the case of Satan, a created entity, so far you
    have produced nothing but a rather underhanded insinuation stating that I am
    contemptuous of people who hold different values from me, simply because i have
    questioned the validity of those values. Dear King of the spiritual buffet, why you
    have need of resorting to such nefarious machinations is a reflection of the
    weakness of your arguments, you may do better to produce the empirical evidence
    which relates to my actual claims.

Twithead knows nothing, he wasn't even there, has no way of knowing what my
    motivations were, other than the text in an internet forum, which cannot show any
    kind or emotion, inflection of the voice or facial expressions and has no way of
    knowing how the witches reacted making his assertions of contempt/lack of
    compassion and your buying into them as ludicrous as your failure to attack my
    person when the real issue was actually questioning a particular form of worship,
    and just to let you know, i hold such attempts in derision and laugh at them heartily!

tra la la, frolic through the daisies, one hand waving free!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 May '12 15:20
    wait i get it now, its the secular liberalist rising to the surface, were not allowed to
    question values different from our own, its the all encompassing, moral fairground, free
    for all, spiritual candy floss buffet! should have seen it coming!
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 May '12 15:24
    wait i get it now, its the secular liberalist rising to the surface, were not allowed to
    question values different from our own
    Question them by all means, robbie. I question the beliefs of Satanists, of course. I mean, what's going on there? Blimey. But I don't see any need to be contemptuous of them, unless they carry out illegal acts, hurt people, coerce people.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 May '12 15:281 edit
    Dear King of the spiritual buffet, why you
    have need of resorting to such nefarious machinations is a reflection of the
    weakness of your arguments, you may do better to produce the empirical evidence
    which relates to my actual claims.
    You think I need "empirical evidence" to interpret what I think your story clearly meant? 😀
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 May '12 15:47
    question values different from our own, its the all encompassing, moral fairground, free
    for all, spiritual candy floss buffet! should have seen it coming!
    I have a buddy (he played chess here for a while, getting to 2200) who is an addict and is in the 12 step program, I think the first step is 'recognizing a higher power', is the way they put it. They said it doesn't matter what you consider your higher power, just recognize there is one. So if your higher power is a tree, what of it? A tree is part of life is it not? A part of existence. So is a rock. There is a tribe in the south Asia that worships a wooden airplane because they saw one fly by in WW2. What difference does it make to them? Or you?
  12. Standard memberWoodPush
    Pusher of wood
    Los Gatos, CA
    Moves
    15 May '12 16:276 edits
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanism

"Satanism is a group of religions composed of a diverse number of ideological and philosophical beliefs and social phenomena. Their shared features include symbolic association with, admiration for the character of, and even veneration of Satan or similar rebellious, promethean, and liberating figures."
    The term can be confused.

There's also a widely practiced brand of "Satanism" that not only doesn't worship Satan, but believe that the devil and other supernatural forces do not exist. Sort of a belligerent atheism mixed with Rand's objectivism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism

I believe this is (or at least was, for a period) far more widely practiced than actual devil worship. So it's probably worth keeping in mind the difference...

Of course, many Christians won't recognize the difference, regardless - believing that to abandon Christ is to worship the devil, anyway.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 May '12 17:48
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    As far as I know, Satanists, do not worship Satan (or even believe in his existence).
    So, do you just think they are playing a game, like tiddlywinks?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 May '12 17:49
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Indignation?

I am not even surprised.

I was just pointing out your hypocrisy and lack of feeling.

You come across a building partially burned down and instead of sympathising with those who lived
    there/worshipped there, you insult their religion (anonymously as well) and desecrate their holy symbols.

When if the same was done to you, you wo ...[text shortened]... our hypocrisy and lack of compassion, empathy or feeling are note worthy, and thus I noted them.
    There is nothing holy about it. It is demonic.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 May '12 17:54
    lol, the house was partially burned down by Column Kennedy as an insurance scam,
    he was heavily drinking and in debt at the time, no one was living there. Your
    opinion of my actions as desecration, lack of empathy/compassion, killer of Bambi's
    Mom etc smack of sensationalism and I laugh at them also. How the witches
    reacted to my tract is a ...[text shortened]...
    humour! then again i forget that your part Vulcan and human emotions may appear
    irrational.
    That's a good one, robbie. But it is not surprising that he would insist on using conjecture and his own self certified opinions as the basis for even more self certified opinion, ha,ha. He does the same thing with evolution.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree