1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 May '12 00:452 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    And good for them if they didn't care too much or were even amused. It's not the point beingdebated here, however. The question has been why did robbie feel his gestures of contempt were justified merely because he does not value what they value nor understand why they value it. I think it's an interesting and pertinent question on a spirituality forum.
    Why do you insist on calling people liars by not accepting what the say?

This is what robbie said, "just for the record, i have demonstrated no contempt for people, but have sought to question the value of a form of worship, a slight underhand there from the buffet king..."

Maybe to them it is like having a "pet rock" and pretending it is something that it is not, as a kind of amusement. Or perhaps they have come to believe it has some kind of magical power or for a reason like the Hindu cow worship.

The last above paragraph was my speculation not robbie's.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 May '12 00:51
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I am simply disagreeing with him and questioning him about his actions and words. I am not calling anyone a "liar".

This is what robbie said, "just for the record, i have demonstrated no contempt for people, but have sought to question the value of a form of worship, a slight underhand there from the buffet king..."

The question is about what he "demonstrated" with his little story on page 1, which other posters have questioned and commented on too, and not the subsequent "question[ing] of the value of a form of worship" which is a separate set of goalposts that robbie has introduced.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 May '12 01:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am simply disagreeing with him and questioning him about his actions and words. I am not calling anyone a "liar".

[b]This is what robbie said, "just for the record, i have demonstrated no contempt for people, but have sought to question the value of a form of worship, a slight underhand there from the buffet king..."

The question is about what he "de ...[text shortened]... e of a form of worship" which is a separate set of goalposts that robbie has introduced.[/b]
    I thought you were referring to people worshipping rocks, trees, and such. That seems to be what robbie thought too by how he answered your question.

So you are referring to the fact that by placing his Watchtower track in the center of what he believed to be a Satanic symbol for worship he was showing contempt. Maybe, you should make that clear in your next post to him so there is no misunderstanding.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 May '12 01:09
    I thought you were referring to people worshipping rocks, trees, and such. That seems to be what robbie thought too by how he answered your question.
    It has been perfectly clear. As has robbie's attempt to change the focus to something else.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 May '12 01:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    It has been perfectly clear. As has robbie's attempt to change the focus to something else.
    It was not clear because you made your post when he was talking a bout rocks, trees and such. Here it is again:

15 May '12 08:21

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    how is worshipping a tree of any value, a river, a stone, do tell. Is the river, tree or
    stone going to instruct you? If there is value then please state what that value is, you
    have not said. I may genuinely feel or give vent to a lot of things, that makes what I
    do, think, worship valuable how, you have not said. More mere opinion.

It's not clear why you feel the need to demonstrate contempt for people who value something you do not value?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 May '12 01:15
    It was not clear because you made your post when he was talking a bout rocks, trees and such.
    Well, obviously, I don't measure the efficacy of what I write on this forum against your capacity to comprehend it.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 May '12 01:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well, obviously, I don't measure the efficacy of what I write on this forum against your capacity to comprehend it.
    Obviously. So what good is expressing your opinion, if it is thought to refer to something else?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 May '12 01:20
    Obviously. So what good is expressing your opinion, if it is thought to refer to something else?
    If you think the expression of my opinion about robbie's story on page 1 refers to something else, then I can live with that.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 May '12 01:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you think the expression of my opinion about robbie's story on page 1 refers to something else, then I can live with that.
    I understand once you explained it. But it would have saved a lot of back and forth, if you had referred to the story on page 1 from the beginning.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 May '12 01:28
    I personally don't see anything wrong with showing contempt for an evil practice that is against the command of God.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 May '12 01:31
    I understand once you explained it. But it would have saved a lot of back and forth, if you had referred to the story on page 1 from the beginning.
    What back and forth?

I personally don't see anything wrong with showing contempt for an evil practice that is against the command of God.

Of course you don't.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 May '12 01:39
    Have you ever done anything to, or interfered with, a Buddhist temple, a Hindu shrine or to an Islamic mosque in any way in order to demonstrate your contempt ?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 May '12 01:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    Have you ever done anything to, or interfered with, a Buddhist temple, a Hindu shrine or to an Islamic mosque in any way in order to demonstrate your contempt ?
    No. I only post and speak out against false religions, such as those.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 May '12 03:17
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Indignation?

I am not even surprised.

I was just pointing out your hypocrisy and lack of feeling.

You come across a building partially burned down and instead of sympathising with those who lived
    there/worshipped there, you insult their religion (anonymously as well) and desecrate their holy symbols.

When if the same was done to you, you wo ...[text shortened]... our hypocrisy and lack of compassion, empathy or feeling are note worthy, and thus I noted them.
    Sympathy for the devil? 😛
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '12 06:379 edits

Maybe to them it is like having a "pet rock" and pretending it is something tha ...[text shortened]... on like the Hindu cow worship.

The last above paragraph was my speculation not robbie's.
    thankyou for attempting to defend me against FMF's vile accusations, but there is no
    need, he has failed to provide any empirical evidence for any of his claims and
    resorts to the time honoured tradition of the abusive fallacy. It was asserted that by
    placing a Bible tract in the centre of a pentangle that I desecrated the place,
    evidence nil. If I had kicked the stones away which formed the pinnacle of the five
    points of the star, rubbed away the stones which formed the outer circle, they may
    have a point, but i never and left the entire edifice in tact, but failing to ascertain
    these details they enter into the folly of rendering their opinions without having
    ascertained any kind of empirical evidence, time and again you will hear statements
    like, I dont need any empirical evidence (FMF), now why, is of great interest.

This case is rather telling, FMF has insinuated that I demonstrated contempt for
    other people and their values, evidence nil. By placing a Bible tract in the centre of
    a pentangle says nothing about how I feel for those persons as individuals, it was
    my way of demonstrating that Bible truth is more powerful than occult practice, yet
    look at the clamour of abusive terms, lack of compassion/lack of empathy, contempt
    for other people and their values. What if those witches had been offering
    sacrifices?, sometimes animals, as has been known in a little village near to where i
    live, called Twechar? would they clamour about values then? When I asked for
    evidence of the validity of satanic worship they provided nothing and to this day
    have still provided nothing, which is in itself is an irony, for if there is no validity and
    they have provided nothing, how can one demonstrate contempt for something
    which has no demonstrable value? To reiterate the point, simply placing a Bible
    tract in the centre of a pentangle says nothing about the way i feel for those persons
    as individuals, nor of their values, which are unknown, to anyone.

what is noticeable from this little episode may be summed up by the following,

1.FMF has never produced empirical evidence for any of his assertions and deals in
    the currency of opinion, usually his own, which he seems to think has more validity
    than empirical evidence. 'i dont need empirical evidence. . .' - FMF

2. The hypocrisy of atheists who time and again blaspheme and demonstrate
    contempt for religious values and teaching should suddenly have their religious
    sensibilities incensed by the placing of a small Bible tract in the middle of an occult
    pentangle! (google fudge, twithead)

3. The folly of assuming one knows details of a situation, when one was neither
    present nor observed anything in connection with the incident and drawing
    conclusions on the basis of not having been present nor of observing any of the
    incident, filling in the missing details with opinions and insinuations. (the opinionated
    believers of their own propaganda, FMF, googlefudge and twithead)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree