1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Feb '15 18:50
    Originally posted by catstorm
    Pebbles and Bam-Bam are left in the care of Dino, a dinosaur, and Hoppy, a kangaroo. This seems like careless parenting, even by Stone Age standards. What would Dr. Phil say?
    I can imagine Dr. Phil saying, "They are Neanderthals." 😏
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Feb '15 19:10
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    you are forcing the definition by saying that chemical processes are organisms, that they react to their environment and that the most "fit" survives and reproduces into a similar chemical process.
    I don't think he said 'organisms'. Organisms are not required for evolution.
    Evolution is known to take place in virus' that are often considered non-living.
    Evolution is known to take place in short spinets of DNA that are more like single genes than virus'.
    Evolution is known to take place in RNA.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '15 19:12
    Originally posted by JS357
    People on both sides of the argument say this, and IMO it is unwarranted and unsupported by evidence.

If life came about from non-life by natural variation and selection, then the process can be studied the same way evolution of living matter is studied. There would have been no special moment when the fundamental chemical processes changed. Are you suggesting that there was such a moment? Why?
    Place a fish in a cave and after a while they will lose their sight.

Place amino acids and any number of chemicals that scientists believe generated life under any type of condition and you will never produce life.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Feb '15 19:29
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I don't think he said 'organisms'. Organisms are not required for evolution.
    Evolution is known to take place in virus' that are often considered non-living.
    Evolution is known to take place in short spinets of DNA that are more like single genes than virus'.
    Evolution is known to take place in RNA.
    It is like an illusion, because evolutionists are looking at it all backwards.
  5. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    06 Feb '15 20:16
    What happened to the Flintstones? Am I at the wrong thread again? Darn it... this is what happens when I try navigating the internet before finishing my first cup of coffee.
  6. Joined
    28 Aug '10
    Moves
    06 Feb '15 20:24
    You are in the right place. I wonder about the airliner which is a hollow log on the back of a giant bird. A pretty hard sell for a PR company I would think.
  7. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    06 Feb '15 20:42
    Originally posted by catstorm
    You are in the right place. I wonder about the airliner which is a hollow log on the back of a giant bird. A pretty hard sell for a PR company I would think.
    I remember that one. I don't recall if that airliner had seatbelts or not... I wouldn't ride on that unless I was securely strapped in. But if I was a cartoon character it probably wouldn't matter. If I fell out I would just bounce on the ground a few times and then walk to where I was going. Or catch a cross town dino. I'd get there eventually.

I don't recall seeing anyone get up to go to the bathroom on a pterodactyl...
  8. Joined
    28 Aug '10
    Moves
    06 Feb '15 20:50
    You would only fall if you know there is no ground below you. Give me some time to consider the bathroom issue.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    06 Feb '15 21:06
    Originally posted by whodey
    Place a fish in a cave and after a while they will lose their sight.

Place amino acids and any number of chemicals that scientists believe generated life under any type of condition and you will never produce life.
    Why not?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Feb '15 08:07
    Why not?
    Because Humpty Dumpty Dino can't put it back together again. It needs an intelligent designer like Fred Fintstone. Well he might need help from his wife as does any cave man. Now what was her name?
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Feb '15 12:41
    Why not?
    Why not?

No one is stopping you man. Give it a go! 😵
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 02:532 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Because Humpty Dumpty Dino can't put it back together again. It needs an intelligent designer like Fred Fintstone. Well he might need help from his wife as does any cave man. Now what was her name?
    I believe Wilma was Fred's wife and Betty was Barney's wife, right? At least they had trained dinosaurs good back in those days. The Chinese were reported to have trained dragons to pull carts or wagons or chariots or something like that. I found a reference for it,
    Ancient Chinese books even tell of a family that kept "dragons" and raised babies. It is said that in those days, Chinese kings used "dragons" for pulling royal chariots on special occasions, a fact of which famous explorer Marco Polo himself attested to.

http://www.trueauthority.com/dinosaurs/dinosaurhistory.htm
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 02:58
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This, from the guy who thinks the earth is 6,000 years old. Even children know better.
    I can't wait till you get your wake up call!!!
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 03:292 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This, from the guy who thinks the earth is 6,000 years old. Even children know better.
    Maybe you will find a younger guy more appealing. Here is your wake up call.

Earth is 6000 years old

YouTube

Evidence for a Young Earth

YouTube

😏
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 05:35
    Originally posted by whodey
    And you know this how?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree