1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 17:09
    Originally posted by Penguin
    But the sun and the moon were not created until day 4, and man not until day 6. It really does not specify how long each day took before day 4. It doesn't really specify the length of any of the days at all.

--- Penguin
    Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years;...So the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

(Genesis 1:14,19 NKJV)

The above scripture is what you are referring to apparently. These lights refer mainly to the Sun and the Moon that God made for many reasons and a couple of these reasons is quoted above. Now, by using the sun and the moon, man would also be able to tell time like God. Notice that one should understand that this was made by God for man as a time keeper.

So you might ask why God did not just wait until He had made man? The answer is that there were other purposes for the Sun, like providing light and energy for the plant life that God had just created on the third day. Although, it may all seem mad to you, there is a logic to it all, if we really think about it. I believe God must have put much thought and planning into all this before He started this creating of the physical universe, because He knew it had to be done quickly to work.

The main question you wanted to know was how God knew how long the first 3 days were, so He could tell Moses, since the Sun and moon had not been created yet? Here you are assuming that the One that made the time keeper for man also need the same time keeper. There is no mention of how God knew anything, we are apparently just to take it for granted that God knew all He needed to know to do all this and somehow he synchronized the time it took for the first 3 days with the time keeper He made for man on the 4th day. It is a matter of faith to believe what God says as the eyewitness.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 17:401 edit
    Originally posted by OdBod
    Your post of 26 Feb 19.47 said "it is stupidity to suggest creation ....... anything other than 24 hour days" . Why do you post statements even you wont standby? you
    Well, I do stand by that statement. However, I was not being so picky as to the calculating of the day by the division into 24 hours that are subdivided into minutes and seconds.

The point was that this evening and morning day is not a long indefinte period as some wish to think it is. If that were so, then the plant life that God had created on the 3rd day would have died if it had been one thousand years or more before they were supplied with any light and energy from the sun.

The fact that these days are numbered and are also identified as beginning with an evening and then a morning, just like the Jewish days we have always had from the time Moses was commanded by God to start counting the days that way, instead of the way the Eqyptian did, is proof enough to me that these days are regular days. Also when the Jews observe their Sabbath day of rest each week to honor God and His creation by resting just like God did after He finished His creation, it lasts only one day of 24 hours approximately. They always start that day in the evening at about sunset.
  3. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 17:51
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Well, I do stand by that statement. However, I was not being so picky as to the calculating of the day by the division into 24 hours that are subdivided into minutes and seconds.

The point was that this evening and morning day is not a long indefinte period as some wish to think it is. If that were so, then the plant life that God had created on the 3rd ...[text shortened]... y one day of 24 hours approximately. They always start that day in the evening at about sunset.
    Dear sir, you more than anyone else in these forums jump on the slightest inconsistencies with regard to evolutionary science,or do you think it is reasonable for you to "picky" when convenient?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 17:521 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    If we remember that in Eden there were no carnivores, (or rather carnivores were vegetarian, if that makes sense), there was no rain before Noah, snakes could talk, people were immortal, etc, then it is hardly a stretch of the imagination that the sun went around the earth once a year, and each 'day' was actually the same as a modern year.
    There is simpl ...[text shortened]... , genesis clearly talks about a dome over the earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firmament
    Can you show me any scripture verse from the Holy Bible that says carnivores were vegetarian? I don't recall seeing that. I am not saying it is not true, but I would like to see something that backs that idea up at least. Then, I would also be able to tell others about it with confidence. Thank you.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 18:011 edit
    Originally posted by OdBod
    Dear sir, you more than anyone else in these forums jump on the slightest inconsistencies with regard to evolutionary science,or do you think it is reasonable for you to "picky" when convenient?
    I explained my point to you and I am not against being picky, if it has something important to do with the point. But the fact that the earth may be going slightly slower or faster than it did 6,000 years ago and the 24 hour day we have today may be - or + .001 seconds off is of no importance to the point being made.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Feb '13 14:17
    I explained my point to you and I am not against being picky, if it has something important to do with the point. But the fact that the earth may be going slightly slower or faster than it did 6,000 years ago and the 24 hour day we have today may be - or + .001 seconds off is of no importance to the point being made.
    There is no point to be made here, only your ongoing hatred of science and your wish for the destruction of all that has been achieved in the past 1000 years. You are a throwback to a time when people COULDN'T use their brains for fear of being executed.

You want us all to go back to those frightening times.

Good luck with that one. It will never happen.

What in fact IS happening is christianity is dying, slowly.

The problem with that is Islam is growing at the same rate, frothing at the mouth to destroy christianity and everything is supposedly stands for.

So take your pick, be a nice christian or be a nice muslim.

One hundred years from now it may come down to exactly that.

I assume it meets with your god's approval, all these religious wars going on as we speak.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Feb '13 15:012 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    There is no point to be made here, only your ongoing hatred of science and your wish for the destruction of all that has been achieved in the past 1000 years. You are a throwback to a time when people COULDN'T use their brains for fear of being executed.

You want us all to go back to those frightening times.

Good luck with that one. It will never ha ...[text shortened]...

I assume it meets with your god's approval, all these religious wars going on as we speak.
    I do not hate real science as I have told you before, However, evil-lution is a deception of Satan the devil. He puts it forth masquerading as science. Islam is a religion noted for beheading those that oppose their religion, so I agree that there will be a problem with that religion inspired by Satan himself. Look what John tells us he saw in his vision:

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

(Revelation 20:4 KJV)

YouTube
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Feb '13 15:21
    I do not hate real science as I have told you before, However, evil-lution is a deception of Satan the devil. He puts it forth masquerading as science. Islam is a religion noted for beheading those that oppose their religion, so I agree that there will be a problem with that religion inspired by Satan himself. Look what John tells us he saw in his vision: ...[text shortened]... Christ a thousand years.

(Revelation 20:4 KJV)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIXdFjuAJ-w
    Still preaching. Go to the spiritual forums with that kind of thing.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Feb '13 21:34
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Still preaching. Go to the spiritual forums with that kind of thing.
    Okay. 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree