Scientific Proof Against Evil-lution

Scientific Proof Against Evil-lution

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Feb 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Kepler
Originally posted by RJHinds
[b]Do you believe God's physical creations took only 6 days with each day having a evening and morning just as the days the Jews recognize today?

That's a direct quote from your reply to Suzianne in this thread . Do you want to carry on pretending that you did not write it? Would you like me to quote the whole thin ...[text shortened]... w, how were these days,mornings evenings etc distinguished from each other on days 1, 2 and 3?[/b]
Yes I wrote that. But notice that the quote says "evening and morning" not "morning and evening" as you claimed I said. The "evening and morning" is how God told Moses and the Children of Israel to reckon time and is continued by the Jews of today when they observe their Sabbath beginning in the evening at sunset and extending to the following sunset 24 hours later.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
25 Feb 13

Yes I wrote that. But notice that the quote says "evening and morning" not "morning and evening" as you claimed I said. The "evening and morning" is how God told Moses and the Children of Israel to reckon time and is continued by the Jews of today when they observe their Sabbath beginning in the evening at sunset and extending to the following sunset 24 hours later.
OK, let's try again with the correct order shall we?

How were the days, evenings and mornings distinguished from each other on days 1, 2 and 3?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Feb 13

How were the days, evenings and mornings distinguished from each other on days 1, 2 and 3?
God does not tell us, but I am sure He knows how long it took him to do the creation. God just tells us what He did on each of those days and not what Big Ben Clock up in Heaven he used. So I accept it by the word of the Creator. 😏

Halleluyah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

e

Moves
25 Feb 13
4 edits

You can mock the science in the bible, but when I studied chemistry, there were quite a few christian chemists, it can and has been a very evil subject, look at the work of haber, habers law, he's the farther of organic chemistry and a more evil mind is hard to find. I am more then happy to pepper my science with christianity, christianity has sound morals where as the scientists need reigning in sometimes, so do some christians, but they do less damage when they get things wrong.

Also Evolution is so complex, only in times of great stress like the ice age is it survival of the fittest, the dodo and the platypus must have evolved in times of plenty. I don't like how its portrayed so I give the creationists some credit.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
25 Feb 13

Originally posted by e4chris
You can mock the science in the bible, but when I studied chemistry, there were quite a few christian chemists, it can and has been a very evil subject, look at the work of haber, habers law, he's the farther of organic chemistry and a more evil mind is hard to find. I am more then happy to pepper my science with christianity, christianity has sound morals ...[text shortened]... ved in times of plenty. I don't like how its portrayed so I give the creationists some credit.
I am not mocking the science of the bible, I am mocking one idiot who thinks he can use the non-existent science in that book to prove that his view of the universe is correct.

I would not say that chemistry or any science is evil. The evil comes from the ways in which we humans use the knowledge gained from science. Chlorine occurs naturally. If the creationists are correct, it was created by god. How then do you square that with its use as a poison gas? Is the element, created by god, evil? Or is the evil in the men who used it on other men?

Personally, I have no problem with scientists, or anyone, who has a faith of some kind. The question of morality is another matter. If Christianity has sound morals how do explain the immoral acts carried out by Christians over the past two millennia?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Feb 13

I am not mocking the science of the bible, I am mocking one idiot who thinks he can use the non-existent science in that book to prove that his view of the universe is correct.

I would not say that chemistry or any science is evil. The evil comes from the ways in which we humans use the knowledge gained from science. Chlorine occurs naturally. If the creat ...[text shortened]... nd morals how do explain the immoral acts carried out by Christians over the past two millennia?
I am trying to use the existing scientific claims of the Evil-lution to prove that that worldview is wrong. Of course, I believe my worldview is the correct one since it agrees with the Holy Bible. I have already stated that the Holy Bible is not a science book, it is a book of truth. The claims of the Evil-lutionists are not science, but only the convoluted false beliefs of some stheists.

I believe that medical doctors and all those that claim scientific knowlegde should be be governed by the morality to do good and tell the truth. That is a big failing of the evil-lutions who present lies as the truth. 😏

P

Moves
25 Feb 13
1 edit

God does not tell us, but I am sure He knows how long it took him to do the creation. God just tells us what He did on each of those days and not what Big Ben Clock up in Heaven he used. So I accept it by the word of the Creator. 😏

Halleluyah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
So you don't know how long each 'day' was. "God does not tell us" you say. You accept that you do not know what clock he used.

You "accept it by the word of the Creator" and yet the creator "does not tell us".

I really am struggling to understand how you are so convinced that each of these acts of creation took one 24-hour day.

--- Penguin.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Feb 13
2 edits

Originally posted by Penguin
So you don't know how long each 'day' was. [b]"God does not tell us" you say. You accept that you do not know what clock he used.

You "accept it by the word of the Creator" and yet the creator "does not tell us".

I really am struggling to understand how you are so convinced that each of these acts of creation took one 24-hour day.

--- Penguin.[/b]
I know some of you may be struggling to understand, but that is why I am here, so you do not remain ignorant.

When I said, "God did not tell us", that was in reply to Kepler's question concerning how God knew the length of time for the first three days. God does not tell us how he knew, but he does tell us how long the days are by the phrase "evening and morning."

On the 4th creation day God set aside the sun and moon as lights and to be used by man to also be able to tell time. All of these creation days were of equal length that consisted of an evening and a morning. And the final day in which God rested to admired His work of creation was set aside as a holy day to remember that God's work of creation took only 6 days.

When God later brought Moses and the children of Israel out of Eqypt, He told Moses of these things and commanded that the children of Israel were to no longer count days as did the Egyptians, but to begin counting their days from evening at sunset until the following evening at sunset, so that each day consisted of an evening and a morning, just like the creation days. God also informed Moses to make the 7th day a Sabbath unto the Lord and do no work in honor of God who also rested on the 7th day after completing His physical creations. The Jews still keep this Sabbath day observance to this very day. So it is clear how long the creation days are from all this. Each day of creation is the same length as a Jewish Sabbath day.

Very simple, right?

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

e

Moves
26 Feb 13
5 edits

I would not say that chemistry or any science is evil. The evil comes from the ways in which we humans use the knowledge gained from science. Chlorine occurs naturally. If the creat ...[text shortened]... nd morals how do explain the immoral acts carried out by Christians over the past two millennia?
Would you rather live in Rome, Egypt? you can say christians were bad v now but they were an improvement on them, so much the romans converted, probably for a quieter life... also the Egyptians were much worse at science they had gods, the christians and jews moved away from that to one god.

Haber shows what happens when you have a lack of morals and great industriousness. hell in a nazi handbag. its interesting he kept up a correspondance with einstein, you can buy it as a book. But to science, he invented fertiliser, fed millions, then devoted the rest of life to killing, thats really what he did best, its very creepy, bit to depressing to write about, but its only 70 years ago, and some of the factories he designed are still running now.

Moves
26 Feb 13

Chlorine occurs naturally. If the creationists are correct, it was created by god. How then do you square that with its use as a poison gas? Is the element, created by god, evil? Or is the evil in the men who used it on other men?
What are you saying here; that god doesn't exist because creation can't have happened because something was use to kill someone?

Moves
26 Feb 13
2 edits

you can say christians were bad v now but they were an improvement on them, so much the romans converted, probably for a quieter life...
Sure the Christians of ancient Rome where so busy stirring up the rabble of rowdy rebels that Constantine decided ...

"you know what Governors, Senate, People of Rome, these Christians are driving us crazy and with all there screaming and dying and stuff - they are making it impossible for us to have quieter life so I'm going to give us all a break and make them cool by adopting their religion. Sorted - now everyone off for a 40 minute snooze."

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Feb 13

Design: The Evolutionary Nightmare

Cape Town

Moves
26 Feb 13

...... christianity has sound morals ....
That is totally false. Many Christians are moral despite their religion, very few are moral because of their religion, and a large proportion are immoral because of their religion.

where as the scientists need reigning in sometimes, so do some christians, but they do less damage when they get things wrong.
You clearly don't know very much history.

Also Evolution is so complex, only in times of great stress like the ice age is it survival of the fittest, the dodo and the platypus must have evolved in times of plenty.
You clearly don't know what 'survival of the fittest' means. Evolution always involves survival of the fittest. If anything, survival of the fittest is self referential and true by definition, ie 'the fittest' are 'those that survive'.
And unless I am mistaken, the platypus is still surviving and is thus, so far, 'the fittest'. I must also point out that 'survival of the fittest' exists both on a species level and at the individual level ie individuals compete within a species, and species compete with each other.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
26 Feb 13

Originally posted by divegeester
What are you saying here; that god doesn't exist because creation can't have happened because something was use to kill someone?
I am asking if the element chlorine itself is evil, the science that discovered its toxic effects is evil or the then that made use of that toxic effect are evil. I suspect the latter. Unless of course the gibbering fairy tale believers want to assign that evil to the element and/or science and by extension to the creator.

e

Moves
26 Feb 13

Originally posted by divegeester
Sure the Christians of ancient Rome where so busy stirring up the rabble of rowdy rebels that Constantine decided ...

"you know what Governors, Senate, People of Rome, these Christians are driving us crazy and with all there screaming and dying and stuff - they are making it impossible for us to have quieter life so I'm going to give us all a b ...[text shortened]... ake them cool by adopting their religion. Sorted - now everyone off for a 40 minute snooze."
Rome was full of murder and intrigue, it was very cut throat at the top, they probably wanted a quieter life v there own behaviour... not rowdy christians