1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 16:501 edit
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

They will take their hats off and kneel down for their creator, genius.
    Something you with all your intelligence haven't thought about doing so far.
    HMMMM, that gives me an idea; do you think that there might be any cash to be made designing and selling hats and kneepads for viruses, bacteria and sponges? The first two groups would need real tiny ones, but I hear the Japanese in particular are doing fine work with microtransistors and the like - how hard could a spiffy Viral Hat be to make?

Marcion said we shouldn't kneel down for our creator because He was basically a bit of a SOB, but that the Supreme God sent Jesus with the message that we didn't have to pay any attention to that OT crap anymore. Details are in my heresy thread; what's your position on Marcionism, Ivanhoe?
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 16:53
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    Yes I do. Just as the trees, animals, plants, inscets and all bugs. They all do what GOD created them to do.
    You didn't answer my last two questions: do viruses, bacteria, sponges, trees, animals, plants, insects and all bugs, sin or not? Is only Man disobedient?
  3. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 17:01
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    HMMMM, that gives me an idea; do you think that there might be any cash to be made designing and selling hats and kneepads for viruses, bacteria and sponges? The first two groups would need real tiny ones, but I hear the Japanese in particular are doing fine work with microtransistors and the like - how hard could a spiffy Viral Hat be to make?
    ...[text shortened]... OT crap anymore. Details are in my heresy thread; what's your position on Marcionism, Ivanhoe?

I wonder why people would spend any time and energy on this issue at all. It is at best theological amusement and at worst a waste of time.
  4. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 17:10
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    So of all of creation, only human beings are vile and degraded enough to be disobedient to God? What were viruses, bacteria and sponges "created" to do but to worship God (see Statement #1 of yours above)? So you believe these creatures are all obedient servants of God but Man is not? Do viruses sin?
    MATTHEW 4:3
    If it would not have been necessary would not the stones not be obediant and became bread at the LORD'S command.
    MATTHEW 3:9
    LUKE 3:8
    If it would have been nessasary would not the stones obeyed THE LORD, and become children of Abraham.
    LUKE 19:40
    If it would have been necessary would not the stones cry out at the instruction of THE LORD.
    It would seem that if man chooses not to whorship GOD, the stones will. I think then all the virises, bateria, and sponges will also.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 17:14
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

I wonder why people would spend any time and energy on this issue at all. It is at best theological amusement and at worst a waste of time.
    Which issue would you regard as 1) Theological amusement; 2) A waste of time or 3) Neither or 4) Both : the A) Do viruses sin; B) Would designing and selling Viral Hats be a profitable venture; or C) Was Marcion on to something by seeing the incompatibility between the cruel, human-like God of the OT as compared to the message of love, compassion and charity of Jesus? Please mark your answers in no2 Pencil.
  6. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 17:44
    Yes I do. Just as the trees, animals, plants, inscets and all bugs. They all do what GOD created them to do.
    the Truth :
    This is the manifestation of the Father and his revelation to his Aeons. He revealed his hidden self and explained it. For who is it who exists if it is not the Father himself? All the spaces are his emanations. They knew that they stem from him as children from a perfect man. They knew that they had not yet received form nor had they yet received a name, every one of which the Father produces. If they at that time receive form of his knowledge, though they are truly in him, they do not know him. But the Father is perfect. He knows every space which is within him. If he pleases, he reveals anyone whom he desires by giving him a form and by giving him a name; and he does give him a name and cause him to come into being. Those who do not yet exist are ignorant of him who created them. I do not say, then, that those who do not yet exist are nothing. But they are in him who will desire that they exist when he pleases, like the event which is going to happen. On the one hand, he knows, before anything is revealed, what he will produce. On the other hand, the fruit which has not yet been revealed does not know anything, nor is it anything either. Thus each space which, on its part, is in the Father comes from the existent one, who, on his part, has established it from the nonexistent. [...] he who does not exist at all, will never exist.

What, then, is that which he wants him to think? "I am like the shadows and phantoms of the night." When morning comes, this one knows that the fear which he had experienced was nothing. Thus they were ignorant of the Father; he is the one whom they did not see. Since there had been fear and confusion and a lack of confidence and doublemindness and division, there were many illusions which were conceived by him, the foregoing, as well as empty ignorance - as if they were fast asleep and found themselves a prey to troubled dreams. Either there is a place to which they flee, or they lack strength as they come, having pursued unspecified things. Either they are involved in inflicting blows, or they themselves receive bruises. Either they are falling from high places, or they fly off through the air, though they have no wings at all. Other times, it is as if certain people were trying to kill them, even though there is no one pursuing them; or, they themselves are killing those beside them, for they are stained by their blood. Until the moment when they who are passing through all these things - I mean they who have experienced all these confusions - awake, they see nothing because the dreams were nothing. It is thus that they who cast ignorance from them as sheep do not consider it to be anything, nor regard its properties to be something real, but they renounce them like a dream in the night and they consider the knowledge of the Father to be the dawn. It is thus that each one has acted, as if he were asleep, during the time when he was ignorant and thus he comes to understand, as if he were awakening. And happy is the man who comes to himself and awakens. Indeed, blessed is he who has opened the eyes of the blind.

And the Spirit came to him in haste when it raised him. Having given its hand to the one lying prone on the ground, it placed him firmly on his feet, for he had not yet stood up. He gave them the means of knowing the knowledge of the Father and the revelation of his son. For when they saw it and listened to it, he permitted them to take a taste of and to smell and to grasp the beloved son.

the Truth is spiritual and there's still more to follow:
  7. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 17:56
    MATTHEW 4:3
    If it would not have been necessary would not the stones not be obediant and became bread at the LORD'S command.
    MATTHEW 3:9
    LUKE 3:8
    If it would have been nessasary would not the stones obeyed THE LORD, and become children of Abraham.
    LUKE 19:40
    If it would have been necessary would not the stones cry out at the instruction of THE L ...[text shortened]... to whorship GOD, the stones will. I think then all the virises, bateria, and sponges will also.
    He appeared, informing them of the Father, the illimitable one. He inspired them with that which is in the mind, while doing his will. Many received the light and turned towards him. But material men were alien to him and did not discern his appearance nor recognize him. For he came in the likeness of flesh and nothing blocked his way because it was incorruptible and unrestrainable. Moreover, while saying new things, speaking about what is in the heart of the Father, he proclaimed the faultless word. Light spoke through his mouth, and his voice brought forth life. He gave them thought and understanding and mercy and salvation and the Spirit of strength derived from the limitlessness of the Father and sweetness. He caused punishments and scourgings to cease, for it was they which caused many in need of mercy to astray from him in error and in chains - and he mightily destroyed them and derided them with knowledge. He became a path for those who went astray and knowledge to those who were ignorant, a discovery for those who sought, and a support for those who tremble, a purity for those who were defiled.

He is the shepherd who left behind the ninety-nine sheep which had not strayed and went in search of that one which was lost. He rejoiced when he had found it. For ninety-nine is a number of the left hand, which holds it. The moment he finds the one, however, the whole number is transferred to the right hand. Thus it is with him who lacks the one, that is, the entire right hand which attracts that in which it is deficient, seizes it from the left side and transfers it to the right. In this way, then, the number becomes one hundred. This number signifies the Father.

He labored even on the Sabbath for the sheep which he found fallen into the pit. He saved the life of that sheep, bringing it up from the pit in order that you may understand fully what that Sabbath is, you who possess full understanding. It is a day in which it is not fitting that salvation be idle, so that you may speak of that heavenly day which has no night and of the sun which does not set because it is perfect. Say then in your heart that you are this perfect day and that in you the light which does not fail dwells.

next Truth speaks to works:
  8. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 20:50
    as promised :
    Speak concerning the truth to those who seek it and of knowledge to those who, in their error, have committed sin. Make sure-footed those who stumble and stretch forth your hands to the sick. Nourish the hungry and set at ease those who are troubled. Foster men who love. Raise up and awaken those who sleep. For you are this understanding which encourages. If the strong follow this course, they are even stronger. Turn your attention to yourselves. Do not be concerned with other things, namely, that which you have cast forth from yourselves, that which you have dismissed. Do not return to them to eat them. Do not be moth-eaten. Do not be worm-eaten, for you have already shaken it off. Do not be a place of the devil, for you have already destroyed him. Do not strengthen your last obstacles, because that is reprehensible. For the lawless one is nothing. He harms himself more than the law. For that one does his works because he is a lawless person. But this one, because he is a righteous person, does his works among others. Do the will of the Father, then, for you are from him.

That's enough

9. Joined
    30 Sep '04
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 21:44
    Originally posted by Coletti
    copy....paste....copy....paste....
    I think a copy and paste of the THE GOSPEL OF TRUTH....is very
    worthy reading.......indeed!

thanks frogstomp......🙂 great job....

gil
  10. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 21:49
    Originally posted by gentlegil
    I think a copy and paste of the THE GOSPEL OF TRUTH....is very
    worthy reading.......indeed!

thanks frogstomp......🙂 great job....

gil
    1600 years is a long time to have had the Truth buried.
    Well the Truth has returned and it ain't leaving again.
  11. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 22:02
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    1600 years is a long time to have had the Truth buried.
    Well the Truth has returned and it ain't leaving again.
    So you're a Gnostic now? Finally ready to give us a "statement of faith"? What church or denomination do you belong too??
  12. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 22:16
    So you're a Gnostic now? Finally ready to give us a "statement of faith"? What church or denomination do you belong too??
    Jumping to conclusions isn't good for mental stabiliity.
  13. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 22:18
    Jumping to conclusions isn't good for mental stabiliity.
    Since when are questions conclusions??!?
  14. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 22:31
    Since when are questions conclusions??!?
    a question with the predicate " when" assumes the subject.

in you're other post

and this one isn't a question .

it's a statement of incredulity.

ask valid questions and I might feel a pang of regret when I don't answer them, however : no pangs yet.
  15. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 22:401 edit
    a question with the predicate " when" assumes the subject.

in you're other post

and this one isn't a question .

it's a statement of incredulity.

ask valid questions and I might feel a pang of regret when I don't answer them, however : no pangs yet.
    A simple example will show you that you are wrong:

When are you going to the store?

That is a simple question seeking an answer.

My previous question was a rhetorical question - that is the unstated premise is the answer the obvious answer. But my earlier questions where not rhetorical in nature. They where simple questions. You don't have to answer them if you don't want - but don't embarrass yourself by giving lame excuses.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree