2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 02:17
    Originally posted by @rbhill
    Genesis 10:1-32, 11:10-26
    1 Chronicles 1:1-27, 1:28-9:44
    ah, you mean the local list. I don't see any mention of the Aborigines in Australia or the Siberians or the Chinese.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 02:42
    Originally posted by @rbhill
    Genesis 10:1-32, 11:10-26
    1 Chronicles 1:1-27, 1:28-9:44
    It would seem you are carefully trying not to address my first post on page 1. If you think you are addressing it, perhaps you could you have another go?
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 03:00
    Originally posted by @fmf
    How were such ethnically diverse groups as Australian Aborigines and the Chinese Zhuang and the Nigerian Igbo and the lily-white members of the English aristocracy, for example, supposed to have been produced from the cousin-with-cousin incestual sexual intercourse of Noah's grandchildren - who'd been provided to him by his three sons in a supposedly otherwise unpopulated earth - in such a short time span?
    Do yourself a favor and read up on mutations and exponential growth.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 03:10
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Do yourself a favor and read up on mutations and exponential growth.
    How many years do you claim there were between the three sons' children having sex with each other and the emergence of the ethnic diversity we currently see in the world? For example, the Australian Aboriginals date back at least 40,000 years. How does the story of Noah's three sons having children fit into that?
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 03:19
    How many years do you claim there were between the three sons' children having sex with each other and the emergence of the ethnic diversity we currently see in the world? For example, the Australian Aboriginals date back at least 40,000 years. How does the story of Noah's three sons having children fit into that?
    Modern dating methods rely heavily on certain presuppositions that cannot be proven.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 03:20
    Modern dating methods rely heavily on certain presuppositions that cannot be proven.
    So how many years do you claim there were between Noah's three sons' procreating after "the flood" and the emergence of the ethnic diversity we can now see around the world?
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 03:511 edit
    So how many years do you claim there were between Noah's three sons' procreating after "the flood" and the emergence of the ethnic diversity we can now see around the world?
    Don't think anyone knows for sure, if someone does let them speak up. Do you know how many years there were?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 04:03
    Don't think anyone knows for sure, if someone does let them speak up. Do you know how many years there were?
    Well, I think the flood and Noah and animals and the sons and the incest and all the rest are all mythology. So what are you asking me? You're asking me how many years since the occurrence of some mythological event ~ which you just so happen to believe in ~ the timing of which you yourself don't know? Bit of a silly question on your part.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 04:132 edits
    Well, I think the flood and Noah and animals and the sons and the incest and all the rest are all mythology. So what are you asking me? You're asking me how many years since the occurrence of some mythological event ~ which you just so happen to believe in ~ the timing of which you yourself don't know? Bit of a silly question on your part.
    I merely returned the favor and asked you the 'silly' question that you asked me. You should ask yourself why it is that when you ask a question nothing is wrong with it, but when the identical questions is posed at you you find it 'silly'.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 04:20
    I merely returned the favor and asked you the 'silly' question that you asked me. You should ask yourself why it is that you ask 'silly' questions.
    I don't think asking you how much time you think has elapsed since the Flood/Noah story ~ something you believe is a real event ~ is a silly question, at all. Asking me how long has supposedly elapsed, when you know I don't believe in the Flood/Noah story, certainly is silly of you.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 04:22
    You should ask yourself why it is that when you ask a question nothing is wrong with it, but when the identical questions is posed at you you find it 'silly'.
    I am asking about your beliefs regarding the worldwide flood mythology. For you to ask me "identical questions" about the worldwide flood mythology is just plain daft.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 04:30
    I don't think asking you how much time you think has elapsed since the Flood/Noah story ~ something you believe is a real event ~ is a silly question, at all. Asking me how long has supposedly elapsed, when you know I don't believe in the Flood/Noah story, certainly is silly of you.
    Does your question not assume that not enough time has elaspsed since the flood to account for the current population size on earth?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 04:38
    Does your question not assume that not enough time has elaspsed since the flood to account for the current population size on earth?
    My question is asking you about your belief in the Flood/Noah story and the implications of the story.
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 04:44
    My question is asking you about your belief in the Flood/Noah story and the implications of the story.
    But your question does assume that Noah's flood occurred less than 50 000 years ago? So I have every right to ask you why you made such an assumption.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree