1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Sep '17 18:501 edit
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    It seems you are ignoring my post about genetics refuting the flood tale. There is no defense of that, genetic diversity of animals is far greater than the genetic diversity of humans yet in the flood tale there were 4 times as many humans to restart the human race as there was in the animal kindom. BTW, what did they feed the dinosaurs and how would they ...[text shortened]... e time, even working 24 hours a day, been able to do that job? Especially those bulky dinosaurs.
    From the date of conception a human child is born 9 months later on average. A fertilized chicken egg for example takes about 21 days to hatch. Dinosaur eggs could have been taken on the ark.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 09:27
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    From the date of conception a human child is born 9 months later on average. A fertilized chicken egg for example takes about 21 days to hatch. Dinosaur eggs could have been taken on the ark.
    And something so remarkable was not worth mentioning in the bible?
    LOL
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 10:28
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    And something so remarkable was not worth mentioning in the bible?
    LOL
    What was not mentioned?
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 10:36
    What was not mentioned?
    the dinosaur eggs
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Sep '17 17:10
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    the dinosaur eggs
    Was every other animal mentioned?
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '17 14:37
    The dino eggs didn't survive the ark.
    Dino omelettes are yum yum!
    And that's why there are no dinos today.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Sep '17 15:26
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    The dino eggs didn't survive the ark.
    Dino omelettes are yum yum!
    And that's why there are no dinos today.
    They are seemingly mentioned in Job so probably survived.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Sep '17 07:33
    They are seemingly mentioned in Job so probably survived.
    Oh, interesting. What kind of dino? From what era?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Sep '17 10:514 edits
    I am not a YEC Christian.
    I can see death in the plant and animal world before Adam's creation.

Go back a few years to the long debate I had with RJHinds on (I think) Defending the Gap Theory.

i have no problem with some death occurring in the earth before Adam because I don't think that Romans 5 refers to all possible dying but rather specific to man.

"Therefore, as though one man sin entered into the world and death through sin; and so death passed to all men because all have sinned." (Rom.5:12)

I don't think Paul meant death of all living things such that nothing died before the death of Adam.

The things you referred to about genetics are interesting to this novice. But you know that today they say one thing. Wait awhile and opinions shift to another view - " It is now beleived ... thus and such" wait some more and " Now scientists believe that ... thus and such". Wait a little and research yields different opinions from the past.

I like the cartoon I once saw. A group of white coated scientists were standing around a chalk board with all kinds of complicated formulas. One of them is sadly saying -

"The most depressing thing is that one day everything we believe here today will be proved to be wrong."

I just stay tuned and see what is said tomorrow.
    But my final trust is in God's word.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Sep '17 15:48
    You seriously think dino's were on the ark, eggs or no? How would the humans have been able to tell if said eggs were sterile or inseminated? Why are dinosaur fossils all more than 60 odd million years old? A bit different from that literalist 6000 year age of Earth, eh.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '17 05:42
    You seriously think dino's were on the ark, eggs or no? How would the humans have been able to tell if said eggs were sterile or inseminated? Why are dinosaur fossils all more than 60 odd million years old? A bit different from that literalist 6000 year age of Earth, eh.
    If it is required of a christian to believe in dinos onboard the ark in order to not end up in hell, then I just cannot be a christian.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree