1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 02:58
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    You are the absolute master of irony.

No, my thick friend, the Word of God does not say what YOU claim.
    So speaks the baby butcher advocate.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 04:26
    Originally posted by @eladar
    So speaks the baby butcher advocate.
    So speaks the bigot and the hater of man.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 06:141 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Now that is quite the admission, and it explains much.
    Ah I thought you would latch onto this one.

What “much” does it explain Suzianne?

🙂
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 07:11
    Originally posted by @divegeester

🙂
    That you can be honest but most of the time choose not to be in hopes of having some fun at others expense.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 09:16
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Yup .. have to take my brain numbing pills to agree with all the false nonsense I see around here.

First the doctrine of the Nocolaitans had nothing to do with Christians. Next if you think that there are no classes of Christians then you are sadly mistaken. The 12 discples are a priviledge group. Next come the elect of God which will rule with Christ. T ...[text shortened]... ach them, the same shall be called [b]great in the kingdom of heaven.
    (Matthew 5:19 KJV)[/i][/b]
    First the doctrine of the Nocolaitans had nothing to do with Christians.

You really don't know what you're talking about here.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 09:413 edits
    Some ministry on John 15 from experience more than just dogma. From Life Study of John by Witness Lee [Living Stream Ministry }

4. By Abiding in the Vine
    and Letting the Vine Abide in the Branches
    The fruit-bearing comes about as the branches abide in the vine and let the vine abide in the branches. In John 15 abiding is a crucial matter. Everything in this chapter depends upon the abiding. The real abiding depends upon a clear vision, a clear seeing, that you are a branch. Once you see that you are a branch, it will be difficult for you to stay away from the vine. You will want to remain in the vine. This remaining is the abiding. Do not try to abide, for the more you try, the more you will fall away. We need to pray, “Lord, show me clearly that I am one of the branches.” I believe that one day the Lord will show you. You will see that you are one of the branches and you will say, “Praise the Lord, I am one of the branches.” Then you will abide in Him.

As long as you abide in Him, He will abide in you. His abiding in us depends upon our abiding in Him. Our abiding is the condition of His abiding, but His abiding in us is not a condition of our abiding in Him. Nothing is conditional with Him, but with us, because we are so fluctuating, there is the need of a condition. If we do not abide in Him, there is no way for Him to abide in us. Although He does not change, we have many changes. We may abide in Him today and run away from Him tomorrow. Therefore, His abiding in us depends upon our abiding in Him. Our abiding in Him is the condition of His abiding in us. So the Lord says, “Abide in Me and I in you.” If we abide in Him, He will certainly abide in us. If we do not abide in Him, we fail to meet the condition of His abiding in us. His abiding depends upon our abiding. This mutual abiding will bring forth fruit.

From Life Study of John by Witness Lee

Now to a more difficult part.

F. The Pruning
    Now we come to the pruning. In verse 2 the Lord said of the Father that “every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it, that it may bear more fruit.” Pruning is needed. The meaning of pruning is to purge away the waste. Waste comes mostly from something that is too old. When the branches become old, they cease to bear fruit. The way to cause these branches to bear fruit is to cut away the old part of the branches and let new sprouts come out. It is not the old branches that bear the fruit but the new sprouts. This is the reason why we have sufferings at times. The sufferings are the pruning which cuts off the old part that we may become new to bear fruit. Pruning takes place by cutting and breaking. This is for the bearing of much fruit.

G. The Casting Out
    1. To Cut Off a Branch from the Enjoyment
    of the Riches of the Life of the Vine
    At this point we need to say a word about the casting out. In verse 6 the Lord said, “If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is dried up; and they gather them and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.” In John 15 there is no thought of being saved or of perishing. We need to forget this concept when we come to John 15. The concept in this chapter is whether we shall enjoy the riches of the vine tree to bear fruit or miss the riches of the tree. To be cast out is not to lose our salvation; it is to be cut off from the enjoyment of the riches of the life of the vine tree. When a branch is cut off, it no longer participates in the riches of the life of the vine. Many Christians have lost the enjoyment of the riches of Christ as life. This means that they have been cut off.

2. To Cut Off a Branch from the Fellowship
    of the Branches
    To be cast out also means to be cut off from the fellowship of the branches. A branch that is cut off no longer has fellowship in life with the other branches. Many Christians are like this. They have no fellowship in life with other Christians.

3. To Cut Off a Branch from the Expression
    of the Son with the Father
    Furthermore, to be cast out means to be cut off, to be separated, from the expression of the Son with the Father. When a branch is cast out, there is no more expression of the vine. Many Christians today cannot have the expression of the Son with the Father because they are branches that have been cut off from the vine.

4. To Cut Off a Branch from the Divine Purpose
    Finally, to be cast out is to be cut off from the divine purpose. The divine purpose of God the Father in cultivating the Son as the vine tree is to express the fullness of the Godhead. To be cast out as a branch from the vine tree is to be cut off from this divine purpose. Many Christians today are cut off from participation in the divine purpose. When a branch is cast out, it loses the enjoyment of the riches of Christ, misses the rich fellowship of its co-branches, is separated from the expression of God, and is cut off from the purpose of God. If you do not bear fruit, it means that you have been cut off from the enjoyment of the riches of Christ. This, however, does not mean that a person will be lost. Perhaps you are wondering what it means to be cast into the fire. It means to be dried up. Many Christians do have the sensation of being dried up. The matter of being eternally saved or lost is covered in chapter ten. Chapter fifteen is not concerned with the matter of salvation but with the matter of the enjoyment of the riches of Christ, the participation in the wonderful fellowship among the co-branches, the expression of the divine image, and the fulfillment of God’s purpose. This is the main concept of John 15.

https://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?n
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 10:39
    Originally posted by @sonship
    First the doctrine of the Nocolaitans had nothing to do with Christians.

You really don't know what you're talking about here.
    Two Christians who claim to know what the Nicolaitans were about, only produce these empty comments. Nothing of substance.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 11:341 edit
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Two Christians who claim to know what the Nicolaitans were about, only produce these empty comments. Nothing of substance.
    Not were about - Are about.

Obviously, you're clueless.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 11:431 edit

Obviously you lack substance. Lots of empty post from you.
    Sometimes posts with no words.
    Sometimes words without substance.
    Sometimes wordy but full of nonsense.
    You are lacking.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 14:32
    Originally posted by @divegeester

🙂
    Since you don't like pm's I will say it here. At times I can see a kind spirit in your words. It is refreshing to see those moments.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 05:54

You have substance sometimes. But it is all wrong substance.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 05:573 edits
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Where in the Bible does it guarantee that anyone who believes he or she is saved that it means that it is so?
    Could you please expound on this?

"And I say to you that every idle word which men shall speak, they will render an account concerning it in the day of judgment,

For by your words you shall be justified and by your words you shall be condemned." (Matt. 12:36,37)
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 10:461 edit
    Come on Elader.
    Its your complaints about Self Proclaimed Salvation.

Elaborate on this. Absolutely vain to proclaim certain words?

"For by your words you shall be justified and by your words you shall be condemned." (Matt. 12:37)
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 18:01
    The thread title relates those who don't see clearly and think that this means some sort of affirmation or incantation that reflects Divinity.
    Self proclamation should be reserved for those that have seen the fruits of right action and good works. Those fit to testify

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree