1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 02:31
    Where in the Bible does it guarantee that anyone who believes he or she is saved that it means that it is so?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 02:41
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Where in the Bible does it guarantee that anyone who believes he or she is saved that it means that it is so?
    I think it's possible that everyone is saved.

The crucifixion was too big of a deal for God to send anyone to hell.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 02:48
    Romans 10:13
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 03:08
    Originally posted by @rbhill
    Romans 10:13
    for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”[a]

Obviously this is a lie taken at what you say it means. Jesus said not all who call on him will be saved.

So did Jesus lie or is your understanding here incorrect?
  5. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 04:18
    Nowhere.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 08:46
    for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”[a]

Obviously this is a lie taken at what you say it means. Jesus said not all who call on him will be saved.

So did Jesus lie or is your understanding here incorrect?
    1. "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." -- Matthew 7:21-23 KJV

2. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." -- Romans 10:9-13 KJV

Do you honestly think these passages are talking about the same thing? Perhaps in your mind, in your twisted interpretation.

Those who say, "Lord, Lord" are not "calling upon him" with the heart. They are opportunists who attempt to buy their salvation with works (have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?). They are not "doing the will of the Father". These are the ones who will NOT be saved.

True "calling upon the name of the Lord" is this: "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." You must believe in the heart. For whosoever shall (believeth in their heart and) call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved, for with the heart man believeth unto righteousness. These are the ones who WILL be saved.

Why do you spend your time in this forum trying to prove that Jesus is a liar? (You've created other threads trying to say that Jesus is a bigot, as well.) No, he did NOT lie; your understanding here IS incorrect.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 10:487 edits
    I gave you a clear explanation of vain speaking and unprofitable faith in the book of James.

Did you read it?

If your accusation that confession with the mouth and belief in the heart [is vain] is just too good to discard, go back to Romans 10:9 which I think has been pointed out to you before.

And what does it say? The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that is the word of faith which we proclaim,

That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Rom. 10:9,10)

Shall we go on ? Yes.

For with the heart there is believing unto righteousness, and with the mouth there is confession unto salvation. (v.10)

It gets even better. There is still more!

"For the Scripture says, Everyone who believes on HIm shall not be put to shame.

For there is no distinction between
    conservative and liberal

Ooops Excuse me. Must be a typo there.

For there is no distinction between Dixie and Yankee .."

Ooops again!
    OKay, Let's get serious here.

For there is no difference between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord is Lord of all and rich to all who call upon Him.

For whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. (See Romans 10:8-13)

Now your next job is to show me that some will say Lord, Lord and Jesus will tell them to depart and He never knew them.

I'm ready.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 10:55
    People can say whatever they please.
    Jesus will judge all people.
    Jesus stated pretty clearly what criteria must be met.
    There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 13:24
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    People can say whatever they please.
    Jesus will judge all people.
    Jesus stated pretty clearly what criteria must be met.
    There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth
    Jesus showed how to make sense of life, how to live righteously . How to revere the Lord and how to be selfless (poor in spirit) so that we may find our way back to the Lord. We have to find out by living our lives and learning for ourselves .
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 13:33
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Jesus showed how to make sense of life, how to live righteously . How to revere the Lord and how to be selfless (poor in spirit) so that we may find our way back to the Lord. We have to find out by living our lives and learning for ourselves .
    Follow in the footsteps of Christ and you are closer to the Kingdom of God than Christians who deny the importance of righteousness and good works. Good for you.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 17:01
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    1. "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never kne ...[text shortened]... say that Jesus is a bigot, as well.) No, he did NOT lie; your understanding here IS incorrect.
    For this to be true one must first know the difference between sin and righteousness.

Do you get to decide which is which?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 17:13
    1. "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never kne ...[text shortened]... say that Jesus is a bigot, as well.) No, he did NOT lie; your understanding here IS incorrect.
    The ones who enter the Kingdom of God are these:

The Sheep - the ones who do good works
    Then the King will say to the people on his right,
    'Come, you that are blessed by my Father!
    Come and possess the kingdom which has been prepared for you
    ever since the creation of the world.
    I was hungry and you fed me,
    thirsty and you gave me a drink;
    I was a stranger and you received me in your homes,
    naked and you clothed me;
    I was sick and you took care of me,
    in prison and you visited me.' (Matthew 25:34-36 GNB)

Those people [the goats] who do not do these things will be cast our
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 20:01
    For this to be true one must first know the difference between sin and righteousness.

Do you get to decide which is which?
    Come on... surely, even you know the difference.

There's no "decision" involved. Which is which is pretty much baked into the definitions.

I can see how YOU might get confused, though. The simplest concepts often elude you. Normal people know the difference.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 20:12
    Come on... surely, even you know the difference.

There's no "decision" involved. Which is which is pretty much baked into the definitions.

I can see how YOU might get confused, though. The simplest concepts often elude you. Normal people know the difference.
    I know the difference between sin and righteousness. You do not. You call evil good and good evil. You will receive your just reward.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 20:12
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    The ones who enter the Kingdom of God are these:

[b] The Sheep - the ones who do good works

Then the King will say to the people on his right,
    'Come, you that are blessed by my Father!
    Come and possess the kingdom which has been prepared for you
    ever since the creation of the world.
    I was hungry and you fed me,
    thirsty and you gave me a ...[text shortened]... 5:34-36 GNB)

Those people [the goats] who do not do these things will be cast our [/b]
    "But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for [the LORD seeth] not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart." -- 1 Samuel 16:7, KJV

There is no need for the Lord to judge as man judges, on the outward appearence, because the Lord sees on the heart. You limit him in your ignorance.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree