1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 05:41
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Such as?
    You know exactly what I am talking about.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 05:422 edits
    So can someone who belongs to the JW denomination inherit eternal life? Yes or No?

If yes, what do you think you are going to achieve by your continual efforts to drag their name through the mud?
    I see no preventative reason why an individual JW member who has faith in Christ cannot be born again of the spirit of God. So you don't have any posts of mine where I've said otherwise??

I'm not dragging any individual's name through any mud. My issue is with the corporation.
  3. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 05:43
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend, is that it? 🙄
    Sorry, I didn't know you two are enemies.
    I don't see you as an enemy.
    I don't see you as extending Christian love to a fellow human being, yet.
    Evenso, since God is merciful and extends the possibility of everlasting life to all,
    perhaps that will change.
    Even Saul changed.
  4. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 05:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    You know exactly what I am talking about.
    Whatever you say, FMF.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 05:44
    Originally posted by roigam to divegeester about Fetchmyjunk
    They each think the other is a troll.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 05:461 edit
    Originally posted by roigam
    I don't see you as extending Christian love to a fellow human being, yet.
    Evenso, since God is merciful and extends the possibility of everlasting life to all,
    perhaps that will change.
    Even Saul changed.
    You have no idea who I am, what I do or what I don't do and your silly pretence at not understand the idiom I posted is typical obfuscation.

The meat is in the other thread roigam, where you are defending your corporation's horrendous international reputation for failing to report thousands of allegations of child sex abuse.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 05:48
    Originally posted by roigam to divegeester
    Weren't you only the other day describing Christians like divegeester as being "infested with lies by Satan"?
  8. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 05:49
    You have no idea who I am, what I do or what I don't do and your silly pretence at not understand the idiom I posted is typical obfuscation.

The meat is in the other thread roigam, where you are defending your corporation's horrendous international reputation for failing to report thousands of allegations of child sex abuse.
    Is it not up to individuals to report such allegations?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 05:521 edit
    Yes, a church, or indeed any organisation is made up a congregation of individuals. You did mean to say the individual's name, not the corporation's name didn't you? Or would you like some time to think about it now I've unequivocally answered you question?

In fact what would say to your own question about JWs inheriting eternal life?
  10. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 05:521 edit
    I see no preventative reason why an individual JW member who has faith in Christ cannot be born again of the spirit of God. So you don't have any posts of mine where I've said otherwise??

I'm not dragging any individual's name through any mud. My issue is with the corporation.
    So, what is your issue?
    How can you intelligently criticize an organization you have never been a part of and have only second or third hand knowledge of.
    Other than these OP s on this forum, have you ever had any real contact with JW s?
    If you are going to cite them coming to your door, I can imagine how that went.
    Evenso, I doubt seriously that you have the slightest idea what the organization is like.
    Have you ever been in contact with the organization?
    Say, for example at the many building projects they engage in all over the world?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 05:541 edit
    Make the case, if you think you have one: the organizers of a church are aware of allegations that some of their members are committing serious sex crimes against children ~ make the case that there is no obligation for those organizers to report such crimes to the authorities.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 05:55
    How can you intelligently criticize an organization you have never been a part of and have only second or third hand knowledg of.
    Other than these OP s on this forum, have you ever had any real contact with JW s?
    If you are going to cite them coming to your door, I can imagine how that went.
    Evenso, I doubt seriously that you have the slightest idea what t ...[text shortened]... n contact with the organization?
    Say, for example at the many building projects they engage in?
    Don't be ridiculous roigam, if I'd never met a JW in my entire life I could still comment of the report in that OP and the one you won't go and read (probably because your not allowed to) about the Australian cases.

As it happens I've met lots of JWs and actually I work with at least one.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 05:57
    How can you intelligently criticize an organization you have never been a part of and have only second or third hand knowledge of. [...] I doubt seriously that you have the slightest idea what the organization is like. Have you ever been in contact with the organization?
    Are people permitted to draw conclusions about the impact your beliefs and your denominational affiliation have on you based on your intellectual behaviour in discussions here?
  14. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 05:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    Make the case, if you think you have one: the organizers of a church are aware of allegations that some of their members are committing serious sex crimes against children ~ make the case that there is no obligation for them to report such crimes to the authorities.
    No legal requirement in this couintry.
    If the parents or victims want to, more power to them.
    I don't know if it still is but client-priest, client-doctor, and client-lawyer knowledge is actually protected by law.
    This is client-minister information.
  15. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 06:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    Make the case, if you think you have one: the organizers of a church are aware of allegations that some of their members are committing serious sex crimes against children ~ make the case that there is no obligation for them to report such crimes to the authorities.
    So if individuals in a church are aware of allegations and they don't report it you should hold the organizers responsible?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree