1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 06:04
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    So if individuals in a church are aware of allegations and they don't report it you should hold the organizers responsible?
    Can you not make the case I asked you to make?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 06:06
    Originally posted by roigam
    This is client-minister information.
    So you advocate or endorse keeping the sexual crimes secret for some sort of "religious" reasons, have I understood you right?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 06:07
    No legal requirement in this couintry.
    Assuming this is true (for the sake of debating this point), does there being "No legal requirement" to report sex crimes committed against children make it morally sound to keep those crimes secret from law enforcement authorities?
  4. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 06:091 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Can you not make the case I asked you to make?
    It depends on whether the church organisers have first hand knowledge of the incident. Would you report hear say?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 06:10
    No legal requirement in this couintry.
    If the parents or victims want to, more power to them.
    I don't know if it still is but client-priest, client-doctor, and client-lawyer knowledge is actually protected by law.
    This is client-minister information.
    Are you going to address these points which I've asked you about in the other thread or do you intend spilling you church's dirty washing everywhere?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 06:11
    It depends on whether the church organisers have first hand knowledge of the incident.
    Are you stalling or something?

Here it is again:

Make the case, if you think you have one:

the organizers of a church are aware of allegations that some of their members are committing serious sex crimes against children ~ make the case that there is no obligation for those organizers to report such crimes to the authorities.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 06:11
    It depends on whether the church organisers have first hand knowledge of the incident. Would you report hear say?
    Why don't you read the Australian commission's report by following the links in thread i referenced.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 06:15
    If that were true, there would have been no need for the birth, life, death, and resurrection of Christ.'
    What do the things that Christians believe about "the birth, life, death, and resurrection of Christ", about the supposed "need" for them, about the so-called "enabling grace of Christ", and about "the cruelest of Satan’s lies", have to do with non-Christians?
  9. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 06:311 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Are you stalling or something?

Here it is again:

Make the case, if you think you have one:

[b]the organizers of a church are aware of allegations that some of their members are committing serious sex crimes against children ~ make the case that there is no obligation for those organizers to report such crimes to the authorities.
    [/b]
    If they have first hand knowledge or proof they should report it.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 06:38
    If a young person comes to their JW leader either with or without their parents and makes an allegation of sexual abuse, does that count in your view as being "first hand knowledge"?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 06:40
    First hand knowledge or proof of an actual allegation? If that's what you mean, then I agree. It should be reported to the authorities and be handled by people with the necessary expertise and authority. And, as far as I know, robbie carrobie agrees with me on this (we have discussed it extensively). roigam appears to be presenting a different stance.
  12. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 06:42
    Originally posted by divegeester
    If a young person comes to their JW leader either with or without their parents and makes an allegation of sexual abuse, does that count in your view as being "first hand knowledge"?
    Yes the leader should direct the young person to the authorities.
  13. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 06:452 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    First hand knowledge or proof of an actual allegation? If that's what you mean, then I agree. It should be reported to the authorities and be handled by people with the necessary expertise and authority. And, as far as I know, robbie carrobie agrees with me on this (we have discussed it extensively). roigam appears to be presenting a different stance.
    My sister was abused by her church counselor and the church leaders covered it up. So I feel strongly about this. The perpetrator should rot in jail. This is one reason why reason why I left the cult.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 06:52
    My sister was abused by her church counselor and the church leaders covered it up. So I feel strongly about this. The perpetrator should rot in jail. This is one reason why reason why I left the cult.
    Well, I have no particular reason to believe you. But you have plonked this supposed autobiographical stuff on the table. So be it. If it's true, fine. If it's just a yarn and part of your general trolling, fine. Whatever, as they say.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 06:522 edits
    Yes the leader should direct the young person to the authorities.
    Why don't you read the Australian commission's report by following the links in thread I referenced. There you will find, for yourself, a summary and further links and references to an official report covering decades of systematic, deliberate unreported cases of 1000s allegations of child sexual abuse. Go on read it...

Meanwhile can you answer your own question about whether or not JWs can inherit eternal life?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree