1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 20:11
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Tell me, did Jesus choose a female disciple? Did he choose a single one?

What of the instruction that only Men can be pastors?

What of the instruction that Men are to be the head of a Christian home and the wife is to submit to her husband?
    1 Timothy 2

I desire therefore that the men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting; 9 in like manner also, that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly clothing, 10 but, which is proper for women professing godliness, with good works. 11 Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. 12 And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. 15 Nevertheless she will be saved in childbearing if they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control.

Why are women to submit to men? It was Eve who was deceived. His reason wasn't because of that day's society. It sounds pretty sexist to me.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 20:24
    1 Timothy 2

I desire therefore that the men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting; 9 in like manner also, that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly clothing, 10 but, which is proper for women professing godliness, with good works. 11 L ...[text shortened]... o was deceived. His reason wasn't because of that day's society. It sounds pretty sexist to me.
    Ephesians 5

Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.

25 Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, 26 that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, 27 so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish.[a] 28 In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church, 30 because we are members of his body. 31 “Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” 32 This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church. 33 However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 20:25
    Ephesians 5

Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.

25 Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave h ...[text shortened]... et each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.
    1 Peter 3

Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives, 2 when they see your respectful and pure conduct. 3 Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— 4 but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious. 5 For this is how the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their own husbands, 6 as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord. And you are her children, if you do good and do not fear anything that is frightening.

7 Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you[a] of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered

If you go back, the likewise was about slaves being good slaves to their masters.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 20:27
    1 Peter 3

Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives, 2 when they see your respectful and pure conduct. 3 Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— 4 but let your ador ...[text shortened]... hindered

If you go back, the likewise was about slaves being good slaves to their masters.
    Colossians 3

Wives, be subject to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. 19 Husbands, love your wives and do not be embittered against them. 20 Children, be obedient to your parents in all things, for this is well-pleasing [t]to the Lord. 21 Fathers, do not exasperate your children, so that they will not lose heart.

Wives submitting to their husbands is pretty common in Paul's writings. Seems pretty sexist to me.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 21:26
    Have you borrowed sonship's hair drier?
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '17 01:30
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Have you borrowed sonship's hair drier?
    I just think it is pathetic how some claim what the Bible says isn't sexist.

Oh yeah let's pretend it was cultural when the Bible speaks out against the culture in many ways.

Hypocritical false prophets. Liars one and all.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '17 02:45
    I just think it is pathetic how some claim what the Bible says isn't sexist.

Oh yeah let's pretend it was cultural when the Bible speaks out against the culture in many ways.

Hypocritical false prophets. Liars one and all.
    What I think is pathetic is you being an oaf to people who just want to do what in their mind is the right thing.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '17 02:57
    What I think is pathetic is you being an oaf to people who just want to do what in their mind is the right thing.
    Who says they can't?

Everyone who wants to sin and call it good is free to do so, at least for a while.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '17 03:001 edit
    Who says they can't?

Everyone who wants to sin and call it good is free to do so, at least for a while.
    The problem you and your message has of course, is that because no one likes you, no one will listen.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '17 03:04
    The problem you and your message has of course, is that because no one likes you, no one will listen.
    No one? Not a single person?

You sound a lot like Suzi.

People hated Jesus too, so why should it be any different in today's depraved society?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '17 04:00
    People hated Jesus too, so why should it be any different in today's depraved society?
    Are you comparing your oafish bigotry and nasty name-calling to Jesus?
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '17 04:031 edit
    Are you comparing your oafish bigotry and nasty name-calling to Jesus?
    You mean the guy who called a woman a dog because she was the wrong race?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '17 08:20
    You mean the guy who called a woman a dog because she was the wrong race?
    Oh you are comparing your oafish bigotry and nasty name-calling to Jesus!
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '17 09:07
    So you do not believe that sexism is an important issue?
    Isn't what a person dies for, what he thinks is important?
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '17 09:221 edit
    Originally posted by @js357
    Isn't what a person dies for, what he thinks is important?
    No more important that what he lived for. This is why it is important to live by God's instruction, not man's.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree