1. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    28 Jan '14 03:58
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Simply an appeal to thoughtful contributors to this forum; you well know that Terms of Service prohibit threats of any kind.
    An appeal? If eternal damnation isn't a threat, I don't know what is. What gives you the right to do this?
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jan '14 04:19
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    An appeal? If eternal damnation isn't a threat, I don't know what is. What gives you the right to do this?
    "James described human life on earth is as "a fleeting vapor trail". Even if your eventual obituary reads "___ _____ departed this life at the age of 100 years of natural causes" it's brief. Chances are that some of us here today may breathe our final breath before the calendar changes to January 2, 2015 (as the result of an accident or sudden illness or botched cranial surgery to remove a malignant cancerous tumor). [b]Some of us may be around for decades, periodically publically affirming our rejection of the Risen Christ. Why? It's too simple; it's so simple it's an insult to my high level of intelligence. Please think about these momentous things while your driving alone on an important mission. Better yet, while your in the shower or tub or standing naked before your bathroom vanity mirror. Why? Because within that venue it's virtually impossible to escape an awareness of your physical imperfections, frailities and mortality. Unit of measure of life: one day at a time.

Think about this Red Hot Pawn Spirituality Forum thread and about your clever posts and cowardly Thumbs Down that gained or reinforced the approval of your likeminded friends. Then think again about yourself and the eternal destiny of your soul, which will reside at one of two addresses for all eternity: with God sharing His perfect happiness or alone suffering for eternity in the Lake of Fire. Yes, alone; your only company will be the worm of memory which never dies and which will constantly remind you of the information you've received on this very site, decided was trash and summarily dismissed.

"For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23) "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten [uniquely born] Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world; but that the world should be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name [person] of the only begotten [uniquely born] Son of God." (John 3:16-18) "Believe in the Lord Jesus and you shall be saved. " (Acts 16:31a) "I am the way, and the truth and the life; no man comes to the Father but through me." (John 14:6b) The choice is yours.

Thread 157261 But a natural man [unbeliever] does not accept the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them [the Gospel and Bible doctrine], because they are spiritually discerned." (1 Corinthians 2:14) [b]"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey [the command to believe in] the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him." John 3:36

Is this a threat, Bobby?

Simply an appeal to thoughtful contributors to this forum; you well know that Terms of Service prohibit threats of any kind.

"Spirituality Forum: Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after." -Russ

Biblical truths from passages in both the Old and New Testaments and their applications are discussed here frequently.
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    28 Jan '14 16:23
    Biblical truths from passages in both the Old and New Testaments and their applications are discussed here frequently.
    Honest discussion involves give and take, not threats.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jan '14 18:52
    Honest discussion involves give and take, not threats.
    Glad you're here, Andy, and look forward to your next discussion thread. Thread 157084
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    28 Jan '14 20:37
    Glad you're here, Andy, and look forward to your next discussion thread. Thread 157084
    That was a joke, Bobby, not a discussion. But maybe you don't know the difference.

You just want to express your point of view, and then consign anyone who disagrees to the Lake of Fire.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Jan '14 21:012 edits
    "James described human life on earth is as "a fleeting vapor trail". Even if your eventual obituary reads "___ _____ departed this life at the age of 100 years of natural causes" it's brief. Chances are that some of us here today may breathe our final breath before the calendar changes to January 2, 2015 (as the result of an accident or sudden illness ...[text shortened]... of God abides on him." John 3:36 = the focus of the Son [of God], the person to be believed in.
    GB keeps trying to sell his beliefs despite the fact that he finds it necessary to completely change the meaning of the translation of John 3:36 he quotes by inserting additional text.

The fact of the matter is that as written the translation of John 3:36 he quoted does not square with his beliefs.

John 3
    36“He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

However as written it does square with what Jesus taught. For example:

Matthew 7

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. 26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: 27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

GB's beliefs are built upon sand.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jan '14 21:281 edit
    Eccl 3:7, “A time to tear apart and a time to sew together; a time to be silent and a time to speak.”

Amos 5:13, “Therefore at such a time the prudent person keeps silent, for it is an evil time.”

Mat 7:6, “Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.”
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jan '14 21:33
    That was a joke, Bobby, not a discussion. But maybe you don't know the difference.

You just want to express your point of view, and then consign anyone who disagrees to the Lake of Fire.
    Suffering forever in the Lake of Fire is an option and a matter of personal choice; no human being may make that decision for another human being: not for a husband or wife or son or daughter or grandson or granddaughter or an RHP Friend.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree